CSI:NY Season 5 Spoilers Discussion - Start Spreadin' The News!

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, May 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JellyBelly

JellyBelly Lab Technician

I think it tells us absolutely nothing! :lol: Not that I expected much really, they're just gonna give us little snippets to stir up that hornets' nest he refers to. Four episodes could mean anything.

2. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

She's so pregnant. :lol: Or else it relates to some sort of multi-arc case, but after she left the way she did in "Personal Foul"? What else would bring her back into Danny's life save for being pregnant? She was leaving for a fresh start, so if she's back, it's probably a reason that specifically relates to Danny. Like "a bun in the oven" (great question there! :lol:)! :D

3. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

Yeah, that's what stood out to me, that Matt chose a question which asks whether Rikki's returning pregnant! :lol: And more than one episode and perhaps as many as four ... wow, ya gotta wonder if she may end up appearing in more than four in the whole season.

4. racefh853629

racefh853629 Pathologist

I would say there's a very good chance she's pregnant. And I think that would make an interesting complication in the NY scene.

First, it's going to be insanely obvious to Lindsay (if she doesn't already know) that Danny cheated on her. Insert drama here.

Secondly, Danny'd be a father. That, in and of itself, would be interesting to see. For further expansion, see the "Why is Sid the only one to reproduce" thread.

Third, I think Mac and/or Flack would probably have the greatest reactions to Danny becoming a father. :lol:

On a different note, is there any spoilers floating around about a possible return for Reed? I like that kid. :)

5. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

Rikki could be coming back for Ollie Barnes' trial. In AitF he was out on bail. Although I don't think that makes much sense. Even though she holds him responsible for Ruben's death, Ollie didn't shoot him so he'd only be charged with the robery/attempted robery and assault on the store owner guy. That scenario would put a finite number of episodes for Jacqueline Pinol as is implied by Matt Roush ("Pinol is back for more than one episode, and perhaps as many as four.) Another scenerio that would have Rikki back for a finite number of episodes (as opposed to continuing to recur, although she may continue to recur, I'm just speculating on the "as many as four" comment.) would be to tie her into the Drama Llama and either bring DL back together all happy and leik soo in lurve or to end them once and for all. I know I'm one of the many who are curious as hell as to what is going to bring her back after she said goodbye.

As far as Flack's sister, I'm glad they added her as recurring. It's nice to develop people outside of their work and I'm estatic they've chosen Flack to develop in this way. I would love to see his sis bring out a side of him that we don't see when he's working. I'm not familiar with the actress they've chosen, so I'm excited to see how she and Eddie play off each other. With the Melanie/Samantha thing, all I have to say is at least they changed the name before the character appeared on the show and her name appeared in the press releases. :rolleyes: :lol:

Last edited: Jul 23, 2008
  6. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Hmm. Sounds to me like they're deliberately keeping things hush-hush about Rikki's return - sly devils. ;)

7. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

I'm sure Rikki's return will be tied in with the Drama Llama ( :lol: still love that), but I still stick by the idea that thematically, Danny and Rikki having a child together works. It kind of brings the whole Ruben storyline full circle. Ruben can't ever be replaced, but a baby could offer both Danny and Rikki redemption and a fresh start.

And all along we've wondered about Lindsay finding out about what happened between Danny and Rikki. It is good, whichever way you feel about the couple, that that's going to happen. The idea of her being in the dark about it was just weird.

I wonder how Flack's sister will end up being recurring. Will she have to move in with her big brother? Or maybe decide she wants to be a CSI/detective? Or a lab tech? LOL, I'm looking forward to how Flack reacts to her, and what that tells us about him. :D

8. Faylinn

I'm imagining her terrorizing poor Adam. :lol:

Maybe they'll create a multi-episode arc for Flack and his sister that relates to their family or something. That would give me tingle pants - er, I mean, that would be a dream come true. ;)

9. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

I love that they're keeping things mysterious! :devil: :D This'll probably mean Ausiello will be dishing out info just as mysterious/hushhush this week and 'rile the hornet's nest' some more.

I know quite a number of people sent Ausiello, Kristin and the Matts at TV Guide questions about Rikki. The ones I know didn't send any asking about pregnancy at all, so for Matt to pick a question that did ask whether Rikki's returning pregnant with Danny's baby ... yeah, I consider that a pretty intriguing clue right there.

Gosh, Danny being a dad! :D Carmine tackling such a role would be magnificent. What great possibilities of character development for him if that's the case! And because it's with Rikki, the writers aren't pressured to show that in every episode either.

See, this is where I start suspecting we'll be seeing Lindsay having a huge meltdown in season five. :lol: If she railed on Danny and treated him so poorly like she did over a turned down lunch offer, I don't want to know what the hell she'll do to him if/when she discovers he's going to be a dad with another woman.

Don't kill me, Adam fans, but ... I have a hunch she and Adam may start something, if ya get my drift. ;) (I'm basing my speculation on AJ's comments in one of the recent Rome interviews.)

EDIT: Because Fay posted at the same time ...

:lol: Yep! If the actress portraying Flack's sister is good, we may get some awesome Adam-being-terrorized-by-Flack's-sister scenes!

10. Dawni

Dawni CSI Level One

I am entirely curious about the whole of this next season... It seems they are keeping us in the dark about a lot which is a good thing because me for one has something in my head if i read one thing and then it not happening annoys me or when it does i'm not as shocked.

4 episodes is a few, it makes the child theory plausible. I'm kind of really happy tho they haven't given out much though the other side of me is going mad for more.

Flacks sister definately looks interesting specially if she is coming back for more episodes and interacts with adam, must mean they have a lot planned or ideas to work from. She is really pretty to.

11. JellyBelly

JellyBelly Lab Technician

Honestly, tptb are being very clever about this. First we get 'Rikki will be back', then we get 'she'll be back for a few episodes,' and then we get 'at least one, possibly as many as four'. What's next? 'It's now between two and four', or, 'it may even be more than four'. I don't know why, but I'm still laughing that they really haven't given us anything more than they already had but it gets us all going again. :lol:

Very clever. They know they've got a fantastic carrot to dangle in front of us. :)

12. Faylinn

Hey, it wouldn't bother me - as long as she treats my baby right and doesn't tease him a la Kendall. ;) I'm not assuming anything at this point, but we'll see.

According to the early spoilers, Flack asks Adam to hold off reporting that a victim was driving Samantha(/Melanie)'s car - it's possible that might end up being a big deal or something, which wouldn't necessarily indicate something happening between them (although it doesn't eliminate the possibility either). ;) I'm looking forward to seeing what they have in store.

But if Adam starts dating Don's sister - the boy better be ready to deal with big brother! :lol:

13. jolein

jolein Pathologist

It`s nice to see a face of who is gonna be Flack`s sister.
    And good to see that she does resemble Flack,atleast.
    That makes it much more believeble.

And Yay for Rikki making a few apperances,and the mystery she brings:)

14. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

Someone (sorry I don't remember who did it) mentioned new title episodes on wikipedia

Here they are: (not confirmed of course. Don't kill the messenger :D )

Riding The Bullet - October 22, 2008 97 (5.05)
    Boogeyman - October 29, 2008 98 (5.06)
    Two For The Money - November 5, 2008 99 (5.07)
    Kill Shot 100 - November 19, 2008 100 (5.08)
    Execution - November 26, 2008 101 (5.09)

Debbie :D

15. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Hmm. Basically -- WTF?

From Ausiello:

Any idea what Season 5 of CSI: NY will bring for Danny/Lindsay fans? — Amy
    Ausiello:
    Rikki's returning, so you tell me. Actually, I'll let NY EP Pam Veasey tell us all. "It's going to be a little rocky for them this season," she reveals. "A lot of things are going to happen with Danny that don't involve Lindsay, but she's going to come to the rescue and still be a part of that relationship." Hmm… perhaps those pregnancy rumors are true? Veasey's not saying, but this much she does divulge: Danny won't be the only man in Lindsay's life. "She'll have eyes for someone else," she teases of the yet-to-be-cast role. "He'll recur for several episodes and, of course, he'll be very attractive." Yikes, it's a throng of D/L fans! They're coming at me — and they're carrying pitchforks! Gotta run! See ya next week!

Personally, I don't know what to think of the whole thing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.