Criminal Minds #4: We Take Care Of Our Own!

Discussion in 'Criminal Minds' started by Destiny, Sep 21, 2010.

1. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I loved this episode. Everything was there. Great case, great unsub (the actor did an amazing job!!!), wonderful character moments, and great performances by the actors.

First the case: I thought the actor who played the unsub did a fantastic job of creating a character who was a perfect balance between crazy and a person with mental problems. I went back and forth between being scared of him and pitying him. I also thought that the actress who played Layla also did an amazing job. Though when I first saw her my fist thought was hey it's the crazy chick from Beverly Hills 90210 lol.

Now the team interactions:

Every one of them were great ending with the greatest of them all in Rossi's kitchen. I thought that Reid's anger throughout the episode was spot on and when he and JJ had their discussion I felt so sorry for the both of them. That scene was great. Morgan and Prentiss talking "how can I, you're here" awwww and "you carried my coffin" that was another great moment. The actors did an amazing job with the details. Every time Reid walked in Prentiss and JJ had this look on their faces and looked at him like the wanted to jump up and hug him and make everything ok. Hotch and Rossi talking and Rossi saying he had an inkling and that he was good at what he did lol, another good moment. As was when Hotch talked to Reid and when Prentiss talked to Reid. Of course the end made me laugh and to see Hotch laughing so much was a great treat.

Anyway loved it. I am so, so glad Prentiss and JJ are back and it does feel like a family reunion and you could feel it throughout the episode.

2. mrsjrewing

mrsjrewing CSI Level One

Good I wasn't the only one who thought that when I saw her.

I loved the episode! The case was intense, creepy, a little gross and wow the unsub was amazing. I found him scary and sad. I wanted him to be helped and I wanted to kick his ass. I felt so bad for his brother and the kids. I was actually a little angry at Layla because she should have told her husband. It would have saved her a lot of pain and protected her family.

I loved all of the interactions with the team. Reid's anger is understandable. The fact that he has that close relationship with JJ and that she kept things from him. I can see why he is pissed. It is nice that she and Emily have tried to help him. I also loved the banter between Garcia and Rossi at the beginning and how it continued with Rossi and Hotch later and that all the team did go to Rossi's in the end. Rossi was amazing cooking with the wine and music and whole thing. Very sexy. I am glad the team was kind of picking on him too. And I loved that Reid did show up. (Oh and Rossi's house was more homey then I expected.) I give the season an A+ so far.

3. Colonel Worf

Colonel Worf Pathologist

Disappointed in tonight's episode. I tend to like episodes where they actually do profiling better, though.

4. HnStetlerfan

HnStetlerfan Pathologist

Me too, and it's one of the reasons I've lost interest in this show. The previous writing team that used to shape how the episodes were made has been completely swapped out for the ones who are there now. And the current writers and producers don't know how to structure the scripts the way the original ones did. CM is now a shell of its former self.

5. mrsjrewing

mrsjrewing CSI Level One

I liked tonight's episode. It was different in that the unsub was in a way chasing them in the end. He even made it into the BAU. This season is a lot better than last season for me so far.

6. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

This was the very first episode for that particular writer, so I'm gonna cut her some slack.

I liked the episode, but more profiling was needed.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2011
  7. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Yeah I wasn't really impressed with this episode. Maybe because I look forward to character moments (more personal character moments) and there weren't too many of those. Save for Morgan and Emily which was really nice. I felt sorry for the unsub and the last scene with the wife and the daughter was really intense and was done really well. Other than that not so much.

8. Elayne

Elayne Police Officer

Last night's episode was a good but not great episode. Is the actor who played the unsub the same guy who played the veggie burger delivery guy in the CSI episode "Spellbound" a few years back? Also, I wonder where the practical joke war between Morgan and Reid will go.

9. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I liked the new episode. The Reid/Morgan joke was hilarious. It was so funny to see Reid get so exasperated. The case kept me interested and it was a nice twist to know that the guy had stolen the unsub's story. It was kind of reminiscent of Columbine especially when Randy screamed to the girl to stop praying and shot her. Very intense.

Loved seeing Jack again. I just want to pinch his cheeks. His scenes with Hotch are always a treat to watch. I felt sorry for Hotch, though, because he wanted to do so much more and couldn't.

The scene with Hotch and Emily was also really great. I hope we keep getting glimpses of what Emily did during her time in hiding. I liked how she noticed there was something bothering Hotch and tried to help. The fact that she played online scrabble with JJ was nice.

Good episode B+.

10. mrsjrewing

mrsjrewing CSI Level One

I really liked this episode. The Reid/Morgan back and forth was awesome.Reid getting annoyed was so funny, but he got Morgan back ins such a Reid way. I was so glad Jack was back. He is so cute. The scenes with him and Hotch are always some of my favorites. He is such a great dad. It was nice to see Emily being there for Hotch when they talked about Jack on the jet. And learning more about what Emily did while hiding was good. I loved that Emily was playing Scrabble with JJ online. The case was good. I liked the twist with the stolen story. I thought I had the killer was one guy then it ended up being another. It did have that Columbine vibe. I did like that they ended up not making the killer the original killer's brother. I also liked that they went through with a ceremony for the victims from the bombing. I give this one an A+.

11. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I just read a spoiler saying that Gideon will be back for the season finale. It seems weird that they are thinking about the finale already but I guess it could happen. Anybody read/heard anything else? Plus, didn't he leave kind of...abruptly?

12. HnStetlerfan

HnStetlerfan Pathologist

OMG Hiphugger17. I stopped watching CM, but I have to say that if that happens, I may tune in at that time. Now if only some of the original writers could come back. Because...

If they bring him back just to do him dirty and/or kill him, I will hate this show more than I've hated anything ever.

13. Ninja0980

Ninja0980 Police Officer

Now that the team is back together,it has gone back to being the CM I know and love. The unity is there and the cases are starting to be more than just save the helpess female of the week.
    I hope they keep it up.

14. mrsjrewing

mrsjrewing CSI Level One

I read that spoiler else where before seeing it here and I have to say I am very surprised. It is gonna be interesting. I do find it funny they are already planning for the season finale.

15. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Just read that the rumor floating around for the season finale is false. Sorry to those who got excited about the possibility.