Criminal Minds #4: We Take Care Of Our Own!

Discussion in 'Criminal Minds' started by Destiny, Sep 21, 2010.

1. Ladybronco

Ladybronco Pathologist

Great article, thanks for posting hiphugger17!

It definitely explains things and covers most of the questions I had :)

2. Colonel Worf

Colonel Worf Pathologist

Paget Brewster is confirmed to return. Rachel Nichols has been let go.

Link

We have the dream team back.

3. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

I'm happy the original team members will be back but I feel so bad for Rachel Nichols. I also liked her character Agent Seaver. CBS shouldn't have messed with the cast in the first place. Though it gave way for a great storyline for Prentiss.

4. ragincajun

ragincajun Prime Suspect

I'm extremely happy about Paget, but like you Geeno, I'm sorry for Nichols. She gets cut after pilot season when she had no chance to get a role on another show. CBS should at least bring her on as a supporting character on one of their other shows. Maybe she could be the person who helps Tony find the mole on NCIS??! ;)

5. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

6. Ladybronco

Ladybronco Pathologist

I'm happy that JJ and Prentis are coming back too! Like everyone else though, I feel sort of bad about Seaver. I also felt that by hiring someone who so closely resembled JJ, they were setting her up to be disliked automatically because fans were mad over what happened to JJ. I have to admit that I'm one of those fans. I just felt that if they were going to replace JJ anyway, they needed to hire an actress that looked a bit different, and didn't make it seem that they were replacing her with a less expensive look-a-like.

I sure hope Thomas Gibson comes back though, then the dream team would be complete! :hugegrin:

rajuncajun, the way CBS recycles it's guest stars, I could definitely see that happening! Rachel Nichols is a good actress, she just didn't really have a fair shake on CM.

7. Destiny

Thomas Gibson tweeted this on his official Twitter site on 25 May.
    to everyone asking about my coming back to CM...hoping to be there, still working on it, and I sincerely appreciate all your support!!

What the other actors are saying...

JM:
    -Shemar will be back next year. It's a done deal. 12 May
    -I just want to say how much I loved working with @RachelNichols1 she is a fantastic person and I will miss her very much, we all will. 29 May
    -@RachelNichols1 was always great to the crew and fans. I know she'll go on to bigger and better things. Love ya babe and don't be a stranger. 29 May

Rachel Nichols:
    -Thank you all for the love and support. I am really sad that I won't be returning to CM, but I am grateful for the time I had on the show! 28 May

JM Facebook:
    -I just want to say how much I enjoyed working with Rachel Nichols. She is truly a fantastic person and I am sad to see her leave the show. I have no doubt she has bigger and better things in her future and I wish her the very best. May 29th
    -I know I can speak for all of us in saying that Rachel will always be part of the CM family. May 29th

8. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

YAY Prentiss!!!!!! After the blow I received when I read that Lisa Edelstein is leaving House I'm so glad to get GOOD news from one of my shows. And this qualifies as really good news. JJ is back, Prentiss is back, just waiting for Hotch to be official and I can do my happy dance :). So they finally realized that it's never smart to fix what's not broken, huh?? It's a shame about Nichols but I'll take Paget/Emily and AJ/JJ over Nichols/Seaver anytime.

9. ragincajun

ragincajun Prime Suspect

Actually, it's a trend that I like. Mark Harmon, George Eads, Simon Baker, Melina Kanakaredes, and Alex O'Loughlin were all recycled CBS actors. :thumbsup:

10. MaxPointy

MaxPointy Hit and Run

I had a feeling this would happen to Rachel Nichols...it's Lauren Lee Smith all over again. A new actress is brought in while a show's going through a bunch of other changes, doesn't really get a chance to develop the new character, and then gets pushed out the door when TPTB decide that things aren't working out or that they want to put things back to the way they were. I just hope they don't write her out with a throw-away line that she left the team because she didn't like Hotch's management style! Maybe she can simply be assigned to another BAU team so she can recur once in a while or drop her back in the next time someone's contract talks stall.

11. electra

electra Pathologist

I am SO happy that Emily is back! The chemistry between the characters is one of the strongest points of the show and TPTB better not mess with that.We had weak cases last season but a good team scene saved the episode for me.Still waiting for my Hotch.:(

12. Destiny

TG tweeted regarding Nichols.

Monday 30th May 2011, @Gibsonthomas said:
    Glad Paget and AJ are returning to CM and sorry that Rachel will not be back. Rachel faced an almost impossible situation and brought to it her talent, strength, and most excellent humor. She quickly became a part of our family, and I look forward to working with her again...

KV:
    @Gibsonthomas @RachelNichols1 hear hear
    29 May

13. Colonel Worf

Colonel Worf Pathologist

They'll throw enough money at Gibson to make him want to come back. CBS has learned their lesson.

14. Half

Half CSI Level Two

I, too, am glad that Emily is coming back. I'm not a fan of Seaver, persay, but I liked her well enough. Whether I did or not, the way the dismissal of Nichols was handled by CBS wasn't fair. Apparently she found out via the internet (much like how Vangness found out about Suspect Behavior), and that's just not right.

I'm just amazed by all the vitriole right now. Seaver fans are blaming Paget (for no good reason), while people who don't like Seaver are bashing the poor actress and celebrating the fact that she just got fired and is upset about it.

I thought our fandom was better than this...

15. Ladybronco

Ladybronco Pathologist

Me too! I love seeing the actors and actresses I like on different shows! Right now it seems like everyone you mentioned has come out ahead and all have stellar shows imho. I guess Melina is not on one right now, but it was her choice to leave and I respect that, and hopefully one day we'll see her on another show of her choice.

NCIS LA is another fave of mine, and it's too bad they didn't keep Louise Lombard, even though I do love Linda Hunt. I didn't know Louise before NCIS, but once I started watching CSI reruns last year I was like *I know her, lol*. I can't count the people that I've seen on both CSI and 24, much less the CBS shows I love :lol:

Half, that is so bad that it had to happen that way, over the internet. I can't believe *fans* sometimes. Whether someone likes or dislikes a character, there is no need for bashing or competition between them.

That's why I came to this board, to get away from that. There were a few other boards that I read, but I couldn't handle the viciousness of the posters towards each other and to various characters. :(