Criminal Minds #4: We Take Care Of Our Own!

Discussion in 'Criminal Minds' started by Destiny, Sep 21, 2010.

1. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

The cousin is still missing. No DNA was recovered.

I hope she comes back :).

2. DaddyBear

DaddyBear Civilian

[SPAM]

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2011
  3. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

Did Thomas Gibson tweet that he is leaving the show? Or it he coming back? He is only one that don't have a contract. Like Shemar coming back to the show. I hope Thomas is not leaving? I like him.

4. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

That was the season finale? :eek:

Well, I'm looking forward to JJ's return. Curious how things will be. I hope Prentiss's next.

5. Elayne

Elayne Police Officer

My feelings exactly. Some episodes move briskly along and then others -- like this finale -- drag on forever! I skipped most of it.

I think the "take advantage of offers to other divisions" is code for "farewell, Agent Seiver."

6. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

hehe I thought the same thing.

This really wasn't season finale material. I didn't even like it as a regular episode. It seemed kind of chopped off to me.

Questions:

How did they jump from two bodies in a car to trafficking?

and...

Were exactly was the undercover agent working as undercover? If these people were abducting all over the country taking from different universities, how did they decide were to place an agent? Did they just pick a place people were abducted from in case they abducted from it again?

Maybe this things were explained but I missed it.

There were things I did like though like Morgan and Rossi interacting basically saving each other's a**es and JJ is back :)

7. electra

electra Pathologist

Case was Ok.I liked the unsub playing as a victim and Morgan and Rossi saving each other.This is probably my least favorite season finale.

I get that JJ is back , but why was she talking to Rossi instead of Hotch? I also get the idea that she is going to work as a profiler now.

8. Ladybronco

Ladybronco Pathologist

You basically address my points exactly.

I thought it was really low key for a season finale too, and didn't think it held a candle to last years with Tim Curry.

Loved the Morgan/Rossi life saving part too. I figured the legs were JJ's in the previews, but I too, was really stumped that it was Rossi she was talking to instead of Hotch.

Goodbye Seever, I hope! She reminds me of Langston. She started off as the perfect rookie/trainee. Wanted a gun and was told no, but then overnight she's carrying her gun, and profiling right along with everyone else. Way too much, too soon. :(

There's no thread for The Mentalist, but they really provided a great season finale! Much better than CM, it kept me guessing the whole time, right up to the end.

9. Hardline Pro

Hardline Pro Lab Technician

The season finale was OK. I didn't like the case, I felt like it was poorly written. I liked the parts where Morgan and Rossi saved each other, lol. And, JJ. :)

10. electra

electra Pathologist

Ladybronco,I am stilll in shock about the mentalist!:confused:

Criminal minds season finales like "Lo fi ","To hell and Back","No way out" are what I was expecting.It felt like a regular episode.The actors are probably in contract talks and we have to figure out who is coming back.I do not care about Seaver,but I want Emily to return.And Morgan,Hotch,Rossi and Reid absolutely NEED to come back.:lol:

11. Ladybronco

Ladybronco Pathologist

Electra, Joe Montegna tweeted that the only one without a contract was Thomas Gibson, so I hope they're not setting it up for him to leave. That could end up leaving Rossi in charge, if Strauss approves it. I want Prentiss back too, and I heard it could happen next season.

My son & I were debating whether JJ is the only one who knows Emily is alive, or whether Hotch knows too. He and JJ had that conversation in the hospital after she tells the team Emily didn't make it. The team, and we the viewer, were not privy to that conversation, unlike the times where viewer is, but the team isn't. What are your thoughts on that?

And yes, those were great season finales!! I think Lo-Fi was my favorite over all.

12. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

There's a thread for Mentalist, it just hadn't been posted on in a while. I did a search for it so I could post my thoughts about the finale. :)

CM season finale was okay. I usually hate the trafficking storylines on these shows, but CM did it better than all the other shows IMO. It did seem like a sudden jump though. I knew the one girl was working with the bad guys though. The look in her eyes when the UC girl said they were gonna sell them gave it away lol.

Loved when Reid asked Seaver something and she asked if it was a rhetorical question hehe.

13. electra

electra Pathologist

That conversation between JJ and Hotch is the only evidence we have if I am not mistaken.They were glancing at each other afterwards.I never questioned that Hotch knew. I am even upset with Hotch for not telling the rest of the team.But now I have to watch again.

I can not even think about Criminal Minds without my weekly dose of Hotchalanche so I am confident that Thomas Gibson is coming back.

14. Ladybronco

Ladybronco Pathologist

Me too, CM has to have Hotch!

I need to re-watch it also, it's been awhile now, but my son was certain Hotch knew along with JJ.

Looking back, it was interesting how Hotch did the psych review of the team instead of Strauss. He even made a comment about Strauss, but I remember enough to repeat it. Something along the lines of it was better to be him than Strauss. It showed he was being as considerate as possible, but I do with the whole team knew. It was rather heartbreaking seeing everybody discuss Prentiss really thinking she was dead.

15. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Cool AJ Cook interview :):

It answers the question "why Rossi and not Hotch"... ;)

It's originally from TV Guide but I can't find it online directly from them. This page indicated that they copied it with their permission:

TV Guide Interview AJ Cook

I didn't look back to see if it was posted already so if it was sorry :alienblush: