Horatio & Yelina Thread #4 ~The Romantic Real Deal~

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Lucy, Jul 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. snickergeek

snickergeek Witness

Re: Horatio & Yelina #4 ~'The Romantic Real Deal'~

but what he did was for his family. he killed that dude, because he wanted to offend and attack his family. ray snr had a bad reputation and if he really would have taken that process on court and end up in jail yelina and jnr would have suffered under his bad reputation for the rest of their lifes. so to protect them, he did it. when H asked him about the bombs and stuff he was like "ray jnr's all i care about at the moment" THAT shows enough.

2. Lucy

Lucy Colonial Fleet Librarian Premium Member

Not even close I'm afraid. We're going to have to agree to disagree here. ;) One line of dialogue does not a hero make, nor does it excuse Raymond's shameful past, the one so accurately described by Swan earlier.

Raymond's motivating factor has always been saving his own bacon. I cannot express it any better than how Tally did a few pages back...

3. snickergeek

snickergeek Witness

Well I read that, but it doesn't make me agree. I guess everyone's got an own point of view and this is mine. It's logic, I wouldn't disagree, but it doesn't change my POV. I love YR as much as I love HY, so that's the way I see it. Everyon'e deserves to get a second chance and Ray tried to protect his family. Maybe I'm the only one who is seeing this, but I don't see him as a selfish coward... sorry.

4. Lucy

Re: Horatio & Yelina #4 ~'The Romantic Real Deal'~ *DELETED*

No need to apologize. :)

5. MiamiDade

MiamiDade Pathologist

Spot on. Does this not define a selfish, self-serving coward? It's hard to argue with the facts, with all due respect. ;)

6. TallyHo

TallyHo Coroner

Thanks for the compliement, Luce. :)

I'm afraid that the selfish coward in him is and has been rationalizing his actions from the onset. Raymond is the poster child for "There are none so blind as those who will not see"; not "can't" but "will not" see. So perception is reality for these sort of folks. The facts don't lie, however interpretation of these facts can be squirly to the point of gross inaccuracy and illogical connections.

The only facet of "love" Raymond knows intimately is love of self. Yelina, RJ and Horatio have been suffering from Day 1 because of Raymond's cowardice and self-serving ways as a direct result of Raymond making the easier (for him) choice of saving his skin. Slimy git. Even RJ has shown more spunk and understanding of loyalty, along the lines of his mom and his uncle aka when in "Hell Night" he refused to give up his "friends". Right idea, wrong friends.

If Raymond truly wants a second chance, then Raymond needs to stop running, own up to all his misdeeds, apologize to his family for the hell he's put them through and take his punishment, like a MAN and not a petty silly schooboy.

Ok. Hmm, last time I checked this was and is still the H/Y thread so howzabout we move back to actual topic?. If anyone wants to set up a Y/R thread then this related discussion should probably take place there. Cheers. :)

7. Pusher

Pusher Coroner

i too agree that we have to move on. this subject Y/R Sn. - Y/H can go forever.

anyway new week 'new' pic and lyrics :D

[​IMG]

'What's Left of Me'

Watched my life pass me by
    in the rearview mirror
    Pictures frozen in time
    are becoming clearer
    I don't wanna waste another day
    Stuck in the shadow of my mistakes
    yeah

'cause I want you
    and I feel you
    crawling underneath my skin
    like a hunger
    like a burning
    to find the place I've never been
    now I'm broken
    and I'm fading
    I'm half the man I thought I would be
    You can have
    What's left of me

I've been dying inside
    Little by little
    Nowhere to go
    But goin' out of my mind
    In endless cirlcles
    runnin' from myself until
    You gave me a reason for standing still

'cause I want you
    and I feel you
    like a hunger
    like a burning
    now I'm broken
    and I'm fading
    You can have
    What's left of me

Falling faster
    Barely breathing
    Give me somethin' to believe in
    Tell me it's not all in my head

Take what's left of this man
    Make me whole once again

'cause I want you
    and I feel you
    like a hunger
    like a burning
    now I'm broken
    and I'm fading
    You can have
    All that's left
    Yeah, yeah, yeah
    What's left of me

I've been dying inside you see
    I'm going out of my mind
    Out of my mind
    I'm runnin' in circles all the time
    Can you take what's left
    Can you take what's left
    Can you take what's left
    Of me
    Can you take what's left
    Can you take what's left
    Can you take what's left
    Take what's left of me

8. thegluups

thegluups Prime Suspect

Don't anyone of you think that Ray Jr is going to be a big part of this? Why would they change actor if it wasn't because he's going to have a bigger screentime. If my assumption's true, then Ray Jr is going to be a big part of the H/Y relationship. Maybe something starts happening between H and Y, and when they're only inches a part from each others face, Horatio ( or Yelina) suddenly says "Hold on, this is isn't right, what about Ray Jr?"...

9. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

That's an excellent picture Pusher, thanks for sharing. :D I'm also fond of that song, and it's so well-fitting for the H/Y relationship. :)

thegluups, I think that Ray Jr. will have a large part to play when Horatio and Yelina meet up again, but I'm thinking it'll be because Ray Jr. is the reminder that Yelina's husband is Horatio's brother. (Much like what you said) -So things could definitely get complicated again, and we all love that H/Y angst don't we? :p

TallyHo, I agree with you that Raymond had been selfish and everyone around him suffered because of his actions. And that of course, is what made seasons one, two, and three so angsty for Horatio and Yelina. Even if what Ray did was completely idiotic and self-centred. :rolleyes:

*le sigh* I just want the H/Y love back. I think it'll be one of the best things about season five. -Hopefully.

10. Lucy

Geni, such a pleasant surprise to see you here! :D

I agree, there could be some conflict where Ray Jnr is concerned. I'm quite sure that Ann D will find many an issue to come between H and Y in the future. Plain sailing doesn't exist for these two! ;)

Lovely pic and lyrics as always Pusher. Thanks. :)

11. inge

inge CSI Level Two

It would be boring otherwise.... :p
    *runs fast*

sweet pic and lyrics Pusher, thanks!

sorry to bring Ray up here again.
    I saw 10-7 again (only the ending scene :D) and I love the part where Yelina smiled at H and then turned to Ray and the smile disappeared and turned to H and smiled and turned to Ray with a frown. :lol:

12. Lucy

She so didn't want to leave H in that scene. Can't blame her for that. Alas, she had to go. No choice. :(

I agree inge, but I do wonder if these two will ever experience the contentment and peace that they deserve? Hmm. Surely we can't go on like this indefinitely? Whatever happens, I'll just be delighted to see them together on screen again. :)

13. Pusher

Pusher Coroner

welcom to H/Y thread speed_cochrane, nice to see u her :D

we all are with u ;) did we ask to much ?! ehhh...even this love story to be back later on the time i don`t have objections .. just want to be make perfect...not rush...and no more angst...H have let Y 'free' to many times...now have to 'take' and 'hold' her...suppose this won`t be easily...but for certainty will be a lot interesting plot...

14. horatio_love

horatio_love Police Officer

Yelina and Horatio are meant to be together !! :D well, Horatio cares for Yelina and Raymond doesn't ..LOL :)
    I hope they get together soon :lol:

15. inge

inge CSI Level Two

yesterday I saw a rerun of 'money for nothing'.
    ouch! this episode is bad for H/Y.
    the last scene is so sad. :(
    Can someone write down the quote? I know I'm annoying but I always want to have the origional quotes.
    It's the oppositional scene of 'whacked'.
    In 'whacked' she's like 'I always need you' and in 'money for nothing' thank you, I don't need you. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.