Dislike a Ship?

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by calleighdelko, Dec 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. onenightstand

onenightstand Pathologist

Re: worst couples !!!!

this thread is awsome eh?! I LOVE YOU heartagram69!!! :D :D :D

2. curtainonfloor

curtainonfloor Police Officer

Okay, just putting my two cents in about who i think are the worst couples.

I think Catherine/Grissom have come in very close as worst couple, purely because, as i stated before, they do have chemistry, but the same kind of chemistry say, Grissom and Brass have, they are clearly great friends, besides Catherine's 'slo-mo-all-about-me-drama' last season.

See, the ships that i percieve as the worst are the ones which have absolutly no canon to them, no subtext, or intent by the writers and PTB. These include: Cath/Griss and Nick/Sara. These two ships do have a great friendship though, and THAT is what the writers have been bringing through.

And i'm gonna make this quick i swear, but GSR is a CANON ship which is supported fully by BP, JF, and the majority of the writers. The people in this thread that have disagreed with this are clearly so completely defensive of their ship, that they have failed to take in actual evidence. We KNOW that BP and JF are pro-GSR because they have STATED that in many interviews. I'm not going to dig them up right now, but pm me or any other GSR around here and we'll send 'em to ya.

George Eads has stated in interviews that he DOESN'T want any sort of relationship, someone posted an article if ya scroll up, and people are still trying to say that GE and JF are pro-snickers? When for about 5 years, no mention or acknologment has been made of this by ANY of the writers, PTB or actors themsleves. And 'actions speak louder than words'??? Whaaa??? WE all know GE and JF are great friends in real life, and so, at award shows and what-not we see many pictures of them hugging, but this is FRIENDSHIP, dudes, not some secret attempt to show people that they are 'sercretly' pro-Snicker.

And, for the record, i seriously am not trying to be mean here (really), but the primary age group of posters on this board would be 14 to about 18, and the TV viewing audience for CSI, is more mature, as in older, and THEY tune in to watch GSR, and THEY make the ratings of CSI sky-high, and that is WITH many canon GSR moments.

ANd for the people that say that GSR is dead, i know some of you do post in the SPOILERS thread for Season 6, and i'm not giving away any spoilers, but huh??? The mind, it boggles.

And i'm not a pro-GSR person as such, but after scrolling through 5 pages of complete GSR hating, and after reading over 10 posts by heartagram that make me wanna bash my head against the wall, i sriously need to speak out, because in this thread, almost all ships are badmouthing GSR's and their ship, and how they give so much crap, and try to force people to see their views, there have been only a few attempts by GSR's try speak up, politly, which is more than what i can say for certain other people.

BTW, i currently know many relationships where there is an age difference of at least more than ten yeras, and i myself am currently in a relationship with a guy and we are extemely alike, so lay off on the 'GSR will never work because of blah de blah', it's bloody stupid. Open your eyes, kids.

ETA: I know it seems like i'm targeting Snickers, but i'm just replying to snicker shippers that have bashed other ships, and for those people, feel free to bad-mouth me and type many posts about why GSR sucks and you always get picked on, i really do not care, because you live in a fantsay world.

ANd i think it's a great idea to close this thread, because people like me just get angry in response to crazy fangirl posts.

3. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

lol. thanks curtainonthefloor. we always have our gutter, but it's nice having someone back us in the ring.

As for Snickers people - it seemed in the first season like there was definite flirting between Nick and Sara, however this could simply have been the natural chemistry of the two actors who got on well together. At any rate, considering that CSI likes to keep things on the ship side rather light, I doubt that this thread should hold so much water after only about 24-hours of life.

4. wildcherry

wildcherry Lab Technician

curtainonfloor - Very well said. I'm no GSR supporter, but I wish I could have said what you did, the GSR's have behaved impecably here. :)

5. ollieuan

ollieuan Lab Technician

Canon is written work. It might be your opinion that those ships are not canon, but the fact of the matter is that no ship is canon as of yet. And if you're talking about finding evidence in the eps every single ship can do that. You see Snickers and Grillows as friendships. I see GSR as deluded hero-worship that has hopefully died for the most part. Let's agree to disagree. Neither of us is more right than the other.
    I don't really disagree. We know BP is pro-GSR, and unfortunately he has far more pull with TPTB. Everyone else may or may not support GSR. I find it hard to believe that everyone ships the exact same couple. I think they could be told to say one thing for the cameras. For example, David Boreanaz on Angel changed his mind at least three different times regarding who his character should be with, and every time his response matched whatever plot line the writers had decided to explore at the moment. Isn't that ironic. Hollywood is a business. Anyone that thinks actors are free to say whatever they please and maintain job security is just naive.

Here you go throwing that "canon" thing around again. Many GSR people cite interviews as evidence. Interviews are the spoken word. Canon is the written word. As in what has aired on the show. I have yet to see GSR come to fruition any more than Snickers or Yobling or Sandle or any other ship. And talk about your hasty generalization, but i hardly think those "mature" people tune in for GSR. A majority of CSI viewers don't even ship at all. And youth doesnt constitute delusion btw. I'm 18 and do NOT ship GSR and the two are completely unrelated. I take great offense to that even though I know it wasnt a pointed attack. Some non-GSR shippers might be young but just because we're not menopausal yet it doesn't mean our points are any less valid.

you got confirmation for me? Drop me a PM. I'd love to hear from ya. ;)

This is a thread to talk about why you don't like a ship. If you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen. Some people could have been a little more mature but all in all I think the ships were pretty evenly defensive and out of line.

im wide awake babe. There's an age difference in your relationship. Good luck with that. That doesn't mean GSR would work. I happen to know many couples where both members are the same age. And theyre extremely alike. Let me cite that in support of any non-GSR ship.

People like me get insulted by blanket insults.

6. KiraGrissom

KiraGrissom Judge

I have found that the primary age group of GSR is 13-20 the more mature people prefer Gil and Catherine most of the G/C people I know are over the age of 30 and they find GSR as a girl who has a crush on her mentor or father figure.
    As for WP being pro GSR he changes each year as they tell him to because for a number of years he was pro G/C.

I agree with that totaly. it's sad to watch the way she moons over him. In season 1 Sara was a flirty happy girl still is when she's around Nick. That shows that maybe she should turn her attention to him.

7. Barbarella

Barbarella Lab Technician

Speaking as one of the over 30 crowd (and as someone who's watched since the beginning of the show), I'd say that pretty much hits the nail smack on the head. Well put KiraGrissom . :)

8. EllaJ

EllaJ CSI Level Two

I'm confused by the whole 'canon' thing. I don't see how one ship is and the other isn't, Nothing's happened between anyone... Wouldn't Warrick/Tina be the only canon ship?

9. ollieuan

ollieuan Lab Technician

Thank you Ella. that is the exact point i was trying to make.

10. curtainonfloor

agreed

i agree that the actors most likely say what they've been told by TPTB. But that reinforces my point. BP and JF are most likely pro-GSR because they've been told that's whats going to happen on the show at some point, GSR.

I guess if you really get down to it, it depends on your definition of canon in regard to ships, either meaning we see the pair have hot monkey sex on-screen, or allude to something happening between the pair onscreen. For CSI, i reckon that the closest thing that anyone's ever going to get in regard to character canon, is that less obvious example.

Whatever your opinion is on whether GSR has sunk, scenes such as Sara asking Grissom out to dinner, Grissom telling Sara he doesn't know what to do about 'this' etc, show, at the very least, that the writers are alluding specifically to something going on between the characters that is more than friendship, even though you can argue that it was one-sided etc.
    To me, it's just those small scenes which show that TPTB have at least acknowledged the chemistry between SS and GG. Apart from some scenes in regard to Cath/Warrick, no other ship has had any on-screen acknowledgement.
    ETA: Tina/Warrick.

I'm 18 too, and a non-GSR shipper most of the time, and that wasn't an attack on any age group, i was just trying to say that the target audience for CSI is not just younger people, and the majority of posters on this board are younger than the target group, and so the anti-GSR views expressed in this thread don't hold that much weight in the holistic sense.

I'll be right with ya.

11. KiraGrissom

KiraGrissom Judge

That is where you are wrong what about the hug between G/C or the two of them going to the movies or him asking her out to dinner, she's the only one who was invited to his place. There has been more on-screen acknowledgement of G/C then GSR him not knowing what to do would be like a student asking a teacher out they wouldnt know what to do about it.

12. curtainonfloor

Yes, there has been acknowledgement of Cath and Griss, but it has been clearly shown as a great friendship, and nothing more. There is no awkardness between the two, and their dialouge and action show a strong friendship, there is no sexual subtext given to the viewer, unless people make something out of nothing, which, is fine, and fun, as i do it myself with some ships :)
    TPTB have taken steps to show that Catherine is someone Grissom cna depend on, and keep him grounded, as a close friend. These scenes which you wrote about are what friends do!

And, to your earlier post, i repeat, WP has mever been about any sort of romance between Cath and his character ever, he has however, commented on the great friendship the two characters have. WP has always either been about no relationships on the show, or GSR, as he has stated many times. ANd, i extend my earlier invition, i can email you those articles if you really want to.

13. KiraGrissom

KiraGrissom Judge

I have seen some of those article and I have seen ones where

As for Grissom/Sara, even William Petersen is against it. He says that if any pairing was to be on the show it would be Grissom/Catherine because that would be so natural for both of them. They're best friends.

It all depends on what tptb want them to say that year, and also who's doing the asking.

14. ollieuan

ollieuan Lab Technician

True, but these things are also what lovers do. I'm not pro GC or anything but it could always develop into more (though I honestly doubt it). We've seen more intimacy between Griss and Cath than we have between Griss and Sara. Really we all see scenes differently so it's all subjective.

15. lilbug

lilbug CSI Level Two

Everybody just simmer down... Okay.. So maybe you guys all like debating or something. I know everyone has their own opinions and we should stand up for them. That doesn't mean we should jump on each other's throats and insult others.. You guys this is just a tv show.. Even though it is a great show and the characters are amazing we need to relax. I probably sound like some dork.. i'll stop.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.