Who misses Gil Grissom?

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by gilgrisfan, Oct 8, 2010.

1. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Not me, I thought he was the greatest character on CSI, but then he left, so I lost interest. He moved on and so did I, as many did. I prefer Laurence Fishburne and think he's a far better actor and love his charcter as Dr. Raymond Langston, one of the best ever on CSI:bolian:

2. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

Honestly, sometimes when I watch I think I do miss him. Especially episodes like The Panty Sniffer and even the one last night. His social awkwardness could have added so much to things like men sniffing young womens' underwear.

And at other times I really do enjoy Catherine being the supervisor. If he were still at CSI, I'm sure her character wouldn't have gotten as much air time, etc...

I do applaud William Petersen for stepping out of his role. He did bring so much to it, he's a great actor. He said he took Grissom as far as he could and I tend to believe that.

3. ladywillows

ladywillows Dead on Arrival

i miss him a lot, i don't know how i watch csi without him, maybe because it's hard to stop watching a thing you love! anyway i keep loving the show, but it's normal that i'd like to see grissom again. and i have to say that i don't like langston, i can appreciate his work only sometimes but the most of the time he's boring and inutile. langstone's fan forgive me but it's hard to accept who replaces the heart of the show!

4. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

Sometimes I miss Grissom. I really like Grissom but I wasn't too invested in him maybe because I wasn't a full-time fan during his time on CSI. I started watching CSI when I was 13 or 14. I thought the show was good but too violent for me. So, I lost interest and just focused at school. When I finished college last year, I started watching CSI again. Too bad, Grissom was already gone. I caught-up with reruns. Well, the show is AWESOME with him! He's nerd but he did his best to connect with his team. What an amazing character!

In short, I miss Grissom but I'm not like other fans who left the show with him. CSI is still watchable and I just love the show. But, I'm one of those who are still hopeful that someday, he'll be back.

5. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

I miss Grissom, but not so much. I still enjoy CSI while Grissom is gone. Catherine did a good job with supervisor when she is not too bossy. I like to see Grissom as a guest star, but Billy is not coming back to the show...yet. He will someday, not now. He will probably be back when the show is done like serial finale and not for a long time.

6. electra

electra Pathologist

For sure I miss Grissom.He is one of my all time favorite characters.But I like the show without him as well.I like Catherine character development and Nick being so confident as second in charge.I am OK with GSR but we lost so many things of the Gil Grissom I liked that I have to say more that I want the character from earlier seasons.

I think my main problem is that Ray has not grow on me.He is fine ,but I would have liked one of the characters that I am more invested in to have more screentime.

7. PraetorCorvinus

PraetorCorvinus Moderator Moderator

There are definitely times where I do miss him. Especially whenever I watch an older episode. The character had a uniqueness that no one will ever be able to fully emulate. I don't miss him all the time though. There are a few episodes/cases that I think worked better without him.

And I could never who is the better actor between Fishburne and Peterson. Art is subjective and people will like different things. There are somethings that Langston is good in and I can totally see him as, and there are times where I feel Grissom would be better.

8. gilsgal

gilsgal Lab Technician

I definitely miss Grissom and the quirkiness he brought to CSI.
    I keep trying to watch the show since Billy left but find it just leaves me underwhelmed and really not caring. CSI is certainly not at the top of my list to watch anymore.

I don't begrudge Billy for leaving and taking on other things to fulfill himself as an actor, but I do miss my weekly Grissom fix. Thank god I have 8 1/2 seasons of CSI on DVD.

9. byline

byline CSI Level One

I miss him, but I also accept the reality that he's not coming back, so I'm making an effort to enjoy the show as is. In the end, even a "CSI" without Grissom is far better than most of what's on TV nowadays.

10. ComicCollect_NL

ComicCollect_NL Witness

I do miss Gil Grissom now and than, but his departure never made me not watching the show. His departure is to me a movement to a direction. As mentioned more than enough, I don't mind seeing him back for an episode or two, but no long runs.

11. margarita_salt

margarita_salt Hit and Run

I miss him terribly! His one-liners were the best, especially at the beginning of the eppy. He always had something to say.

I hope that they would bring him back for a episode or two but its looking like that isnt going to happen anytime soon.

I wish for the last season of this show that he comes back, the show just isnt the same without him.:p

12. mati

mati Rookie

I agree :thumbsup:!!!! Losing step by step very important characters just did it for me. I stopped watching halfway trough season 8, couldn't stand the way Grissom and others morphed into ...... nothingness (and were replaced by ..... nothingness too. Sorry, but the replacement didn't it for me.) They weren't believable anymore. From the very beginning until season 6 I loved that show. Somewhere along the way it started to change, the character developement was (for me anyhow) off, and although I don't have anything against a GRS relationship, that love affair lacked in passion, in love, in everything that makes a love affaire believable. They missed a great opportunity. Basically at some point - starting from season 6 on - from my point of view every character begun to regress. So, I can't trully miss him from season 8/9, because I don't watch it anymore, but if I watch the old episodes, then yes, a little "nostalgia" is always there :)

13. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Anthony E. Zuiker has been answering questions on Formspring. Here's what he has to say about Billy/Grissom.

He also addresses plans for a CSI movie, a book tour, and several other items.

Ask him a question HERE!

14. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

If it wasn't for the whole GSR mess (which ruined the show for me) I would welcome back Grissom in a heartbeat. I do sometimes miss him but as they say the show must go on.

15. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

I miss him, too. Wish he was back, unless it's something WP doesn't want to do.