Season 10 *Spoiler Lab* Discussion P1

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Jul 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

'Brothers and Sisters' is on ABC, so I doubt she could write for both shows. She will be missed. Rashomama is one of my all-time favorite episodes.
    I, too, was wondering if it had anything to do with that lawsuit.
    But 8 years on one tv show is a long time for a writer. Maybe she was ready for something different. I wish her luck!

2. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

too bad about goldfinger i liked a la cart, nesting dolls, living doll, and lab rats

3. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Sara Goldfinger wasn't my favourite writer because of her GSR-centred episodes like Committed, but she wrote some great Nick and Mandy scenes such as "Oh Mandy"! So I will miss her for that reason. I liked Happenstance and Rashomana as well.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2009
  4. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Sarah was one of my favorite writers, awesome. And she was a strong GSR avocate, great stories pertaining to them :bolian: I never thought she'd leave CSI, I wonder what happened?:(she will be missed~great writer!

Here's a cap of her and Jorja from way back in S/3~

SARAH AND SARA either Sarah is very short, or Jorja is very tall:confused:

5. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

She brought a lot to the table. While I didn't necessarily care for her "GSR" centered episodes, "Rashomama" was among one of my favorites from the show. A writer great with humor and drama is a very special thing (talent wise).

Also, I believe that photo is from "Coming of Rage."

6. Elayne

Elayne Police Officer

I think I've figured out how Crossover Week will work, which we know will involve human trafficking. Horatio's crew will be working a case and it will be discovered that "Las Vegas worked a similar case last year," (i.e., the one with the fake FBI agents). Ray gets sent to Miami to explain the background on that (which will be needed if Miami gets a copy of the fake agents' "evidence" log.)

7. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

I think all the writers who focussed far too heavily on GSR should leave the show as that ship has sailed-no pun intended. We know they're together and so be it. Move on, writers and focus on the other characters for once and all.:scream:

I was reading an article by Shondra Rimes of Grey's Anatomy and she was commenting on two actresses taking time off and her attitude was, 'We're an ensemble cast, we can manage, it will give us time to develop some other characters."

When BP left it, CBS and the CSI writers were all in a panic-talk about glass half empty.:rolleyes:

Yeah, Grey's is a soap, but you know what the attitude is a separate thing from the show..her attitude was right, and the CSI writers could learn a thing or two from Grey's which has kicked CSI's rear end in the key demos for the last few years.:rolleyes:

I can't understand while a show like CSI spent so much time focussing on three characters while the rest withered.

I hope this season bring some change, but I'm not hopeful. You can't teach old dogs new tricks.

*rant over..

8. Kasey47

Kasey47 Police Officer

With all due respect, I find it really disheartening that people are so willing to just chuck CSI out the window and they haven't even seen anything substantial concerning season 10. Trying to say anything positive anywhere is getting to be an exercise in fultility. People have a right to their opinions and feelings of course, but if they are based on facts that are incorrect I would think that they would want to know that.

But it's not popular to actually like the show lately is it? It's more fun to trash it and everything it tries to do. It's not merely here but it's all over the place.

You know something? There are fans out there who like both George and Jorja. That like GSR yet love the science. Who admire both Catherine and Sara. Who love Grissom but think Ray is a pretty cool guy too. Who think the writers are still doing a helleva job. Who love David Rambo for Butterflied AND Hog Heaven. Who thinks that with Sarah Goldfinger gone that the real cool lab rats episodes might never be the same. Who think it's pretty darn cool that Eric was singled out by DLA as to his performance in the upcoming season.

It's just these people don't write on message boards any longer because really does any one want to hear that?

9. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

I agree with you, unfortunately, there are a lot of GSR fans who angered so many George fans with their vitriol over alledged comments that it's hard to forget that. And a lot of GSR fans who were downright viscious to fans of the other characters and some of them are on this board.

You're one of the few along with jtd4 who are willing to stand up to those fans and say stop it.

But for me, it still stings how badly I personally have been treated and to be honest, I like all the characters. I do like Jorja Fox and think she's a smart lady-a diva? Yeah but a good diva! Just like George.

I'm looking forward to her returning. It would be nice to see her character beyond GSR again. Some of my favourite scenes included those with Sara such as in Redrum when she went outside with the team to find out what Catherine was up to. Another was in Rashomana with the drunk guy and the lingerie scene with Nick.

By the way, did anyone notice that both Sara and Nick ask each other if they are okay at the same time, I found that funny.

10. Kasey47

Kasey47 Police Officer

I agree that there are nasty GSR fans but there are also nasty George and Marg fans who participate on this board and other ones that totally trash Jorja as a person. So without getting into something we probably shouldn't, let's just be realistic that in no shape or form is bashing of a real life person acceptable on a public forum. I mean I think that you myfutureCSI and I can relate it really sucking being bashed on a public forum. And if anyone thinks it is, well I truly feel sorry for them.

On to the spoiler front: I did notice that it appears Nick and Sara ask each other "are you okay?" at the same time. I think it's cute. I know they are suppose to be scientists and not cops but I find Doc Robbins smackdown and Nick and Sara running after the bad guys to be really cool...

11. Saramaniaca

Saramaniaca Victim

I respect every opinion, but you like it or not it's an evidence that GSR has been the main pillar of CSI along the years, specially in the 3 or 4 last seasons. I say more, Jorja Fox and his character, Sara, has been an essential part of the show and its quality and success through the years. We all have seen that.

I love the rest of the actors-characters, Cath, Brass, Nick, Greg, Doc, Warrick, Wendy... and their storylines and time on screen. But Grissom and Sara are special, the GSR thing is special. It's obvious it has given a boost to the show in every season. Because not everything has to be crime and death, though it is the matter of CSI. In this way GSR is an odd but wonderful love story. And they (writers, producers, actors) have played in a right way, without making it become a soap opera but an awesome and unforgettable story that has contributed to make this show the numer one.

For it, I think GSR and Jorja Fox (Sara) deserves more respect from you all.

12. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Huh? :confused: I didn't see that preview apparently. The only one I saw showed Nick ask Sara if she was okay, but she didn't say anything, just nodded or something.

Oh and by the way, I'm glad that DLA mentioned Eric... at least someone involved in the show is. :lol:

13. Kasey47

Kasey47 Police Officer

It's in the 21 second promo or the "longer" one. That's where at the end it does sound like Sara and Nicky say it at the same time. Just in case you're thinking we're nuts...:)

14. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I watched that I think... but I didn't realize they both said it at the same time. :lol: That's cool. :)

15. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Sorry I disagree with you. It hasn't been the main pillar of the show. It's not special to everyone and we have given them respect.

As for the promo, yeah it looks like they're asking each other at the same time.

Well didin't Nick once say they were 'copologists'?:lol: Maybe Sara has decided to be a gun-toting criminalist like Nick? :lol: Cue "The Good, The Bad and The Ugly" theme song and voila.

Now if they all start to talk like Clint Eastwood-well the shark has not only jumped but is flying

And Doc Robbins, well all knew he was a fiesty dude! I wouldn't want to get on his bad side.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.