"Trends With Benefits" Discussion **SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Smokey, Mar 11, 2012.

1. Lilith

Lilith Police Officer

I finally broke down and watched this episode (although I'm still hesitating to watch episode 18 in generall and the finale), surprisingly, I thought it was good :). the idea was overused, no argument there Jafox :lol: but I still though it was interesting nonetheless :); Also, I thought the screen time for everyone was a lot better than last week's episode. It was great to see Nick and Greg work together, I've missed that :D, it was also great to see Archie:), and I actually didn't mind Finn this time. I'm glad they had her interact a little more with the other characters. I did miss Sara though.

yeah, you guys pretty much summed up how I feel about what's going on between D.B. and Julie, I'm also pretty indifferent about it.

2. Dark CSI

Dark CSI Hit and Run

Pretty much agree with everything you said, Crumbs, especially about the addition of Ted Danson...I adore him!! And I too prefer him to Grissom. Still not sure about Finn (and don't care for what ever history she has with DB) but she's becoming more bearable.

3. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

This.

4. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

Now that they have toned down Finn a bit, I actually like her better than Catherine. Although I liked Catherine more towards the end of her run, I didn't really care for her in the beginning, or the middle. :) But, I admit she did have an edge to her that made her role in the show interesting.

I agree that Danson has been a great addition to the show, and tptb hit the jackpot with him. And, I agree that DB is probably more likable than Grissom. But Grissom is a cultural icon. Although he may not have always been 'likable', he was always interesting; and I will always, always think of Grissom when I think of CSI.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2012
  5. Dark CSI

Dark CSI Hit and Run

I'll always think of Grissom as integral to CSI too (whole heartedly agree with the cultural icon bit). He was one of my favourites until DB came along, which I think showcases just how well DB is fitting in to the show. And I too was never one of Catherine's biggest fans (having always perferred Sara) but I will concede that she was a very important part of the show, and Finn is just a tad too...much (for want of a better word) to replace her. They need to do what they did with DB and Morgan and introuduce to her slowly and gradually.

6. byline

byline CSI Level One

I thought it was a good episode. However, I hope they're not going the Danielle Steele route and making Jaclyn Smith a love interest for Ecklie. It seemed that might be where they're headed. Also, hubby and I always envisioned someone a little more "matronly" as Hodges' mom. She seemed a bit too glammed up for the role, IMO.

I agree that DB has been a great addition, and I'm liking Finn now that she's dropped some of the "chip on her shoulder" attitude. She's intense, but I think some intensity is needed to contrast with DB (just as Catherine was the perfect foil for Grissom). I think they're still figuring out where to go in this post-Grissom era. They're making progress, and I think they will hit on a good formula by the end of this season.

P.S. Nick, please get a haircut!

My husband has chronic sciatica. Sitting escalates the pain rapidly, so he must stand at work. Even doing research on his computer (and he does a lot of computer work), he has to stand, so he's got his laptop set up so that he can stand at it, rather than sit. It actually puts less pressure on the spine to stand than to sit.

7. Zipster

Zipster Witness

Finn seems awkward to me, in the same way Megan was in the first season of Miami. I like the actress, I just find her limited and trying too hard. She's putting off this nonchalant attitude, trying to be indifferent, or even trying to seem different to previous female leads etc, but it all seems contrived and a little fake.

I hope she improves. I am loving Ted D though. I loved Grissom and I still miss him, but Ted is different in the right kind of way. He is quirky, but it's quirky wholesomeness (which might not even been a real phrase lol) but I love it.

Bring back funny Brass though !!

I'm glad I stuck with it, almost didn't get passed the opener to be honest, but after the credits I enjoyed it. Seemed more like a Miami episode than a Vegas one.

8. byline

byline CSI Level One

I agree with this. They need to pull back on Finn so that she's not seeming so "forced" in the episodes. I think if she just relaxes (the actress and the character), she'll fit in far better.