Season 10 *Spoiler Lab* Discussion P1

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Jul 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PraetorCorvinus

PraetorCorvinus Moderator Moderator

Even then it shouldn't be Ecklie. Of all the CSIs, Greg got along best with Ecklie. In Season 6, Greg kept doing favors for him. I remember Nick and Warrick hassling him about that.

I think whoever said that, Shankar apparently, was just trying to explain the whole "Greg complaining" thing. Perhaps Greg still feels under appreciated after all these years since leaving the lab. Here comes this new guy who is outshining him. After all the blood, sweat, and tears, Greg realizes he's been getting the shaft.

That's what I'm hoping for anyway. Please let it be that Shankar just is really bad at summarizing.

2. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Yeah, but those favors were processing DNA because the dayshift person was out sick or something. Even if Ecklie asked Greg nicely and Greg had no problem with it at the time, its still kind of Ecklie treating him like a DNA guy (I mean, he is supposedly the best, but still).

And that is literal on the blood and tears (the sweat is almost always literal). :lol: Seeing that burned woman brought tears to his eyes, when he was beaten by those kids, that brought blood. :lol: And I'm sure there's been a lot of times where he been sweaty. :lol:

:lol: I hope that's the case.

3. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

I think you're forgetting the time that Grissom sent him out to look for the soda bottle in "All For Our Country"(?) and when Nick had him run how long it took to get from point A to point B (Ok, can't remember the episode)

In any case, GNRF don't kill me,:lol: but I don't see a friendship between Nick and Greg like there was between Nick and Warrick. To me Greg was always like the little brother with those two. I mean there is a friendship there, but not like Nick and Warrick.

Personally, I thought they had a chance to showcase a friendship like that with Greg and Riley, but alas, tptb blew that one too. :rolleyes:

If this spoiler is true that Langston confides in Nick, that's cool. I have a feeling tptb are going to form a friendship between those two. I mean Nick confided in Langston and now Langston is doing the same.

I think they should get Gina Torres to play his wife too. I could see Nick, when introduced to the estranged wife: "Hey you're that warden at the women's prison." :lol:

Ok time update! At the time I posted this there are:

15 days 4 hours 29 minutes 45 seconds to the premiere!

4. K-Bug

K-Bug Lab Technician

They should cast me as his wifey. Forget that I'm 23 years his junior, have never acted before, and am extremely quiet...they should do it anyways.

Either way, I like the Cath/Nick/Wedges stuff they mention. Is this in the Returning Favorites issue?

5. GregNickRyanFan

Wasn't that before he was officially a CSI though? And I was under the impression that they did that to give him field experience. I honestly don't remember the running thing. :lol: But if you mean literally running, then maybe that's because Greg's the youngest and he can take it whereas the rest of them couldn't run as easily for as long. :lol:

I didn't mean that their friendship should be in any way like Nick and Warrick's. That was one of a kind. :lol: I don't believe that can be replicated. What I meant was that the show needs a friendship focus (amongst those who've been on the show since the premiere of the first season). And a friendship between Nick and Greg will always be more like big bro/little bro because of the age difference, (whereas Warrick and Nick were the same age) so there will always be differences.

I definitely agree with you there. :)

I don't mind them getting along, but I don't want Langston to be the next Warrick.

Brass and Nick have a great relationship. Maybe they need to focus on that more.

:lol: That's right, she did play the warden in XX. :lol: Forgot about that. Well, Henry once played someone involved in a murder in the ep about the people hunting the bear. :lol:

6. PraetorCorvinus

PraetorCorvinus Moderator Moderator

The point A to B thing is from "Ch-Ch-Changes".

I agree that Nick and Greg's friendship is different than Nick and Warrick. Greg is often treated as the little brother. Yet GNRF is right also that Nick was the only one who was constantly nice to Greggo. Apart from getting annoyed every now and again when Greg would do something odd in the lab, Nick was the friendliest.

While it's nice to see Langston and Nick connect, I still hope they allow Greg to really enter that inner circle. They need to show Nick and Greg hanging out the way Warrick used to. Greg could probably never replace Warrick, but to see them chummier would be great. I'm sure Greg wouldn't have minded being invited to watch an old sci-fi show with the rest at the end of "A Space Oddity".

I guess I'm just feeling really bad for the guy and hope he gets a chance to shine in the new season. If the lab rats get their own episodes, why can't the original rat?

7. GregNickRyanFan

Oh wait... that was running something in the computer, not actually running? :lol: I feel stupid now.

I completely agree and I was highly annoyed that Greg wasn't included in the Space Oddity thing. They tried to tell us that Greg wouldn't like that stuff. Yeah right! :lol:

I completely agree. And not an ep where he gets hurt either. I've had enough of those. :lol: Between Greg (and Nick as well) here and Ryan on Miami, enough with the hurting my favorite characters already. :lol: Technically, isn't it Ray's turn to get physically injured? Even Riley got injured. :lol: IMO, you're not really a member of the team until you've been physically injured on the job. And having some kid spit in your face doesn't count. :lol:

Last edited: Sep 9, 2009
  8. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

at least we finally know about his wife and current marriage status

i hope not but we'll see and only so much of certain drama i like

now that would make things interesting kinda like marg and her husband or ex now
    yeah send ray there or keep him after the trio crossover
    guess s10 spoiler lab discussion p2 is coming soon

amen to that i couldn't agree with u more
    honestly the way greg(eric) drives me crazy and you'd think it would drive him crazy too, by the way what's ooc stand for:confused:
    dear tptb greg is no longer in the lab he is a csi level 3 for crying out loud u people are not listening to us the fans and fanatics, this not listening is going to kill csi and your job and in this economy i'd think you want to keep your job and god knows where you'll find another one since tv seems to be dying, or r u like a bunch of toddlers screaming for attention b/c ya got it and not in a good way

9. GregNickRyanFan

OOC means out of character. :)

10. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

thanks gregnickryanfan
    (ooc)out of character, got it:)

11. Toots

Toots Pathologist

It's my uneducated guess that Nick and Greg's friendship will be strained due to the fact that Nick will have more of a supervisory role, and he will start to order Greg around with his new power role. I'm thinking that Greg will resent it, and who can blame him?

I agree that Greg was NEVER anyone's assistant. He's a highly educated former lab rat, now level-3 CSI technician. I don't get why the writers are planning to play him as a lower level person.

I know I always complain about Greg's lack of spotlight in the series, and should be grateful that he's even mentioned in the spoilers, but they could surely come up with something more interesting. What a kick in the teeth for Eric/Greg. :confused:

12. Ankeila

Ankeila Rookie

Nick said he made Greg run from point A to B to find out how long it takes :lol:

Anyway, there is a scan, but tippy pretty much said everything. Greg was someone's assistent? I don't really get the feeling he's treated as the 'DNA guy with the goofy hair', but maybe that's me. I do hope they focus some more on the friendships, but at least DLA assured me that this season is all about the team.

Isn't it time for a new thread, btw?

13. GregNickRyanFan

I don't think Nick would act that way toward Greg. He's always been pretty nice to Greg. I don't think Nick's the type of person to let a little extra power go to his head. Besides, he was already acting supervisor, so basically all this is, is just making it official... so I don't see why he'd act differently toward anyone. That's just not the type of guy Nick is. And if they write him that way then they're writing him out of character, big time.

I thought he meant he had him run the data through the computer (cause he's always stuck doing Archie's job when Archie isn't there) to see how long it would have taken whomever to get from that point to this point. Having Greg physically run it would not be very accurate because different people run in different lengths of time. Some people can't run as fast as others. Whose to say that Greg could run as fast as the suspect or whomever... or whose to say that the suspect could run as fast a Greg? So, having him physically run it wouldn't make much sense to me. :shrugs: But, I believe there's a computer program they have where you can put in the height, weight, health history, etc of someone and then you can run that info through the simulation to estimate how long it would take that particular person to run from one point to the other.

The way that they played that scene made it seem like Warrick was shocked/surprised that Nick figured that info out. So then Nick says "yeah, I had Greg run it". I assumed he meant through the computer program (cause I do believe they have that kind of program).

Last edited: Sep 10, 2009
  14. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Alright, I'm going to clear up the Greg as an assistant thing. Now that I've looked at the scan, what I think he means is that Greg was a lab assistant. Honestly, they're not really called labrats, they're called lab assistants (actually, they're scientists, but this is tv land). So I think that is what Shankar means by 'assistant' and there would be a tendency to keep treating him like that only because he started out there. I'm not saying it's right, but sometimes people can't get past what you were when they first met you. Know what I'm trying to say?

For example, Greg deciding he wants to be called Gregory from now on. None of us or the team could do that, because he's Greg to us. Get it?

15. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

"Ch-Ch-Changes"....Nick tells Warrick how far it is between the storage unit and wherever. He says he had Greg run it. Not literally "run", I don't think. ;) I believe take the car and drive it and see how far it was on the odometer.

I don't know about anyone else, but I don't really think of Langston being separated as a "bombshell". Hopefully that's a bit misquoted as well. :)

New thread will be up soon. We are looking at a couple of things first. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.