Khandi Alexander Departs CSI: Miami

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Wojo, Apr 19, 2008.

1. Audrey2419

Audrey2419 Pathologist

I really HATE to see Alexx go. She will be missed. Khandi was a true professional on and off the set, and I hope that she finds a new project fitting of her talent!

2. Vonnie

Vonnie Victim

It depresses me to see her go. She was honestly one of my favorite characters on the show. There was something about her character that I just adored. It's understandable since she didn't get a lot of screen time.

Hopefully she will land something that will give her the screen time that she deserves!

3. ladyd10

ladyd10 Police Officer

I'm extremely sorry to see Khandi go. I love her potrayal of Alexx Woods. She has thrown such emotion into the role, especially in the episodes that she hasn't been featured in. She's wonderful and entirely overlooked, and not because she's African American. That's just playing the race card and desperate civil rights jab in my opinion. (I'm a member of the ACLU and the Autism Society of America, so just flipping try it, alright.) Bogus bull. Gary Dourdan admitted that he'd been let go because of excessive use of illegal substances just like Kim Delany had been let go because of extreme alcohol abuse.

At the risk of being further crucified (please believe me that I'm not Vixen. Read Shades of Compassion by ladyd10 and I assure you that this is me. You are also welcome me on Google and read everything that I have written. I am also in the Society for Creative Anachronism and therein go by the name of Lady Fionnuala McInnes AOA, OF, OG, OFY, OCW. I just have become, over the last year, very disenchanted of DC's potrayal of Horatio Caine. Whether it was the choice of the writers, directors or the actor, I don't know, but it's become a complete bore and annoyance.)

I, personal opinion here, wish it was David Caruso leaving instead, or the writers that write so badly for him. He's wooden and cartoonish in his portrayal of Horatio Caine, not to mention the advent of the "SuperHoratio" character to almost the near exclusion of all other characters, save Eric and Calleigh. Lately, there seems to be an overly intense saturation of Horatio interrogation scenes to the almost exclusion of anyone else, save anyone that is cast in the scenes with him. It's annoying and needs to stop as well as the annoying shooting through transparent things shots. (It is near to triggering migraines or epileptic seizures. Stop this now before lawsuits start lining up in the wings.).

This is an ensemble cast. I know what an ensemble cast is because every summer I am part of one at the Bristol Renaissance Faire in Wisconsin as a member of the Guilde of St. George. We share the spotlight and support each others in daily or weekend or season long character scenarios. It's not just one person, it's a group effort and I think that's what our show has seriously lacked in many ways; the family connection. Horatio doing research in the Lab is great, but including Alexx in more than one or two scenes per episode in intrigal in the flow of the "investigation" and the team.

I, for one, will dearly miss Khandi, our Alexx, the beating heart of the entire team. Sage, friend, mother, confidant. She was an amazing and lasting part of the team and I, for one, will mourn her departure as a lost and beloved friend. May the pastures that she seek be greener that any green that she can conjure in her imagination. The best of all luck to her and may she realise her wildest dreams of success. Farewell Khandi, I will miss you dearly, baby.

4. Debby

Debby Hit and Run

I hate to see her go! :( I really like her, she was like a Mom to the team..
    But I understand why she's leaving, and I hope she finds something where she gets the screentime she deserves. Good luck, Khandi! :)