The Last Movie You Saw - Thread 4

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by SunsetBoulevard, May 4, 2010.

1. Hardline Pro

Hardline Pro Lab Technician

Finally got around to seeing The Dark Knight Rises. It was a pretty awesome movie. By far my favorite super hero movie of all time. But there were SOME things I didn't like. The ending did kind of confuse me. But overall, I rate it 9.5/10.

2. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

Saw The Bourne Legacy Friday night. I love Matt Damon in the Bourne movies and when I heard he wasn't going to be in it when it was first announced I wasn't going to see it especially since I didn't really know who Jeremy Renner was. After seeing Renner in The Avengers I started watching him in other movies and realized what a great actor he is. So I saw Bourne and it was really good. It's not like the other Bourne movies but Renner kicks some major ass and is a great actor. I would recommend it.

3. Ceindreadh

Ceindreadh Pathologist

Last weekend, went to see a horror/comedy movie called Grabbers.
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1525366/
    Daft as anything, but pretty damn funny!
    (only in Ireland could they come up with a plot like that <g>)

4. Hardline Pro

Hardline Pro Lab Technician

Inglourious Basterds. I don't see how so many people loved it. It was one of the most weird films I have ever seen. The last 30 mins were odd. And it was anti-climatic. They had this huge almost 3 hour build up and then the ending is a huge mess. Plus I thought Brad Pitt was the main character? I think the Nazi guy had more screentime than him. xD The movie didn't even really focus on the Basterds group. Oh well.

5. city hunter

city hunter Rookie

I just saw "Magic Mike" (my sister's choice, not mine). Well, this is the worst movie I've ever seen. Bad plot, bad acting, bad everything!

6. ~Sunny~

~Sunny~ Witness

I just saw The King's Speech directed by Tom Hooper. It is an incredible movie about George VI.

7. CRM

CRM Prime Suspect

I've watched parts of Rosewood on BET and on YouTube. I've already seen it during the late 1990s. I was able to stomach watching the disturbing scenes (lynchings, beatings), because I find it a little easier to watch something disturbing the second time than I did the first time. The eerie audio/songs during those parts, especially when the first one to get beaten ever since the town tramp made that lie made me feel their fear and helplessness. It churned my stomach. Really disturbing film, yet it needed to be told, and I'm glad it did.

Amelia is one that I wish I could've watched in the theaters. I can't wait to watch in on DVD. I love the fashion, the vehicles, and Amelia's stubbornness and determination to go as far as she wanted to with no one to hold her down. She lived her dream! She's an inspiration! And Hillary Swank did a great job portraying her.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2012
  8. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Hmm okay I've seen three in the last month (consider the list a make up for when I didn't do them individually? lol)

Marley and me (dang if that movie didn't make me shed (no pun)a tear. I might have a little problem watching this movie if I am depressed or like that, it's not depressing but I am not going to give away the ending, it's just that it can get you in the heart.)

Momma Mia (most definitly not my favorite, but it wasn't the worst I have seen, I don't mind a musical but they over did it, the movie orginial protrayed in commericals acted like it was a comedy with singing & acting. I think they left out a few things but jmo).

Premonition (Sandra Bullock aced another movie, this was so cool I felt like I have to watch it again just to see what I missed, twists and turns. It's like one of those that you have to watch over and over again, and when you think you have it all memorized guess what yup twisty-turn lol)

9. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

The last movie I watched as Captain America, I watched it a few months back and didn't really like it and thought I would try to give it another shot. I don't know about the movie, because to me it was too slow for an action movie; especially compared to the other films leading up to The Avengers.

10. CRM

CRM Prime Suspect

Wow, it's been ages since anyone posted here.

The Conjuring: Worth the watch. I enjoy watching movies that make me jump. Good story from start to middle to finish. The character development aren't made out-of-line like 1408. I'd watch this again, a 9.5 out of 10.

Now You See Me: Nice, modern take on a Robin Hood-like tale. I like a little bit of magic in my life or for entertainment, so this is good. A 9.

Prisoners: A bit depressing. But, a rather decent story. A 6.25.

The Wolverine: Funny, and a decent story. A 7.5.

11. Stell

Stell Victim

Before I go to sleep - woman lives with husband who, we learn later, isn't her husband. every night when she sleeps her brain erase what happend that day...