Grade 'Unwrapped'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, May 4, 2012.

?

How would you grade Unwrapped?

1. A+

6 vote(s)
    28.6%
  2. A

4 vote(s)
    19.0%
  3. A-

2 vote(s)
    9.5%
  4. B+

3 vote(s)
    14.3%
  5. B

1 vote(s)
    4.8%
  6. B-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. C+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. C

1 vote(s)
    4.8%
  9. C-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. D+

1 vote(s)
    4.8%
  11. D

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. D-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. F

3 vote(s)
    14.3%
  1. *NickStone*

*NickStone* Hit and Run

Gets an A+

Great case in this episode, maybe best of the season.Was very New York like in its style. Felt like an episode from Season 1 or 2

Loved that there was lots of Lindsay in this episode which was really great, really love how much she has been used this past couple of seasons, and she looked dam hot, such a gorgeous woman. :luvlove: :luvlove: Will miss seeing her every week, if the show doesn't come back after this season.

The overall ensemble was excellent this week, everyone got a good share of the screen, which was great to see. Loved how they really showed how important the team are to Mac and vice versa with the subplot of Christine meeting them. You got a really genuine vibe of warmth and friendship from those closing scenes, which was nice to see.

2. bill_az

bill_az Rookie

A very good episode. I enjoyed the plot twists, a bit different from the previous episode, which I liked for different reasons. My only query was why they chose to put out a trailer with Mac being shot, but declined to include it as a part of this episode, then carry it over to the finale. I realize that is an old soap opera gimmick...but if you're looking for ratings...they could have been there.

MEMO TO SHIPPERS: STELLA AIN'T COMIN' BACK!

Get over it. You're worse than the Delquesnes. :guffaw:

3. CRM

CRM Prime Suspect

Cool episode, away from the usual techno-filled episodes that occur on several episodes each season. My guy, Lee Thompson Young, is in it! I like seeing him in Rizzoli and Isles. Was that the same actress from CSI: Miami's Point Of Impact that played Young's character's lover?

I like the amount of screentime on the main characters, especially Lindsay, as well as Sheldon, Danny, and Don. I think that it was Jo who told the lover that the good thing (Young's character) is right in front of her. I agree with that; A good man can be hard to find. And I do see Mac as a good man. Christine's lucky to have him in her life. And I thought that it was sweet of her to go overboard in giving her boyfriend's coworkers' kid a bag full of presents, even for the first time ever meeting the colleagues. I like that it's an assortment of girls' favorite toys rather than some work-related scientific toy like the Vegas gang got for Catherine's Lindsay. I have no problem with Christine's surprise kiss at the end. I like that the relationship starts up slowly and that it's not like colleagues hooking up or in anyways as dramatic as Mac/Peyton,which I'm not a big fan of.

I give this episode an A-.

4. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

I gave this one a solid B. The case was interesting and had some good twists. The only thing that gets me is that NY only busts out the diversity when they have a crime scene in a "bad neighborhood" or it's gang related or whatever stereotype they trot out to have more than two people who aren't white in an episode. That's really the only thing that made me not give it an A. I was going to be harder on it than a B because of this, but I really did like the episode so I changed my mind.

I liked that they mixed up the pairings again and I liked that they had Lindsay out in the field more. I was thinking if they had done this more throughout the series it would've done so much for her character instead of making her a glorified lab tech and Danny's boo for most of it. I rolled my eyes at Lindsay making it sound like the crime scene was hard for her because there were bday presents and Lucy's bday was the next day, but other than that I liked her scenes.

I smirked a bit when Danny mentioned that he thought the guy he and Mac were looking for would run. I said to myself, "He didn't run because you're not with Flack."

As for Mac/Christine I absolutely love them. I'm a person who wouldn't have objected had they went the Mac/Jo route, but I really like how they've done the scenes with Christine. I personally think they've been very adult about it while maintaining a certain sweetness. I loved her freaking out about Lucy's gift and then going overboard with the gifts in the end. I also love how she met the team. It was no big whoopin' deal. Adam made a cute joke, Jo was fab as always and it was a nice little moment.

I liked Christine taking the initiative and kissing Mac. People seem to forget that Mac kissed Christine first at the party she invited him to attend at her restaurant so I highly doubt he was upset that she pulled him aside to show some affection.

If all of the episodes this season had been as good as the last couple of episodes have been this would've been another banner year quality wise for NY. As it is, I was a bit disappointed overall with the season compared to how much I loved S7. I'm hoping the finale will be a great one just in case we don't get a S9. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we haven't seen the last of Mac and Co., though.

5. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

The guy Danny and Mac were talking to who said he found the wallet... I think that's Malik from "Suburgatory"... at least it looks like him.

Loved the scene with Christine in the store looking for a present for Lucy. Her, "ooh ponies" comment was cute.

Did Adam get a haircut?

Loved that Christine went overboard with the presents. So sweet.