Season 8 Spoiler Discussion #2 - Spoiler Scene: Do Not Cross

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by vegaslights, Oct 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

I only noticed recently, but how come every time someone's shot/stabbed/blown up/whatever, it's one of the guys? Is it just another fiction double standard, men are more likely to get hurt violently while women are more likely to be involved in something more intimate? We already know the female half...it would be very interesting if an ep popped up on one of the shows with a male character in that type of situation. Wouldn't have to be a main character, even a plot of the week would do it...it so often gets overlooked, because men are supposed to be strong.

I also often wish Mac could still be with Claire, nel2h. *sniff*

2. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

She's a perfect fit for Mac if you don't count the whole dead thing. :rolleyes: That's pretty much the point.

Mac and Claire were soul mates and Mac will always love her, but when someone dies the person left behind needs to move on and that includes loving someone else. It won't be the exact same kind of love, but it will still be love and that is OK.

I get that some Mac fans don't want him to move on from Claire, or they want Stella back, or they want him to fall for Jo; but I don't understand people not liking Christine simply because she's not Claire or Stella or Jo (or even Aubrey or Peyton if people want to go there).

ETA: I think it's interesting that they're portraying this as Mac doesn't want to die but Claire wants him with her. It's a nice contrast to how these storylines usually play out.

3. nel2h

nel2h CSI Level One

Jo and Stella would be real not suitably for Mac. They work with him. Jo be also would too determining. With Mac the women start always. In the occupation point he always what he wants. I like this in also in such a way.

Christine is not right for Mac on a continuing basis..
 She works also in the evening long. Therefore she has for Mac no time. 
For Mac is the work at the first place. What Christine does not understand. Mac needs a woman the understanding for it has. Mac's job is very hardly.

4. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

Christine's brother was a cop. She more than gets that Mac works odd hours and may have get called into work at any time and has said at least once that it is something she will have to be OK with. She was disappointed when he canceled their date, but she didn't let it stop her from pursuing the relationship so obviously she knows and is OK with work being a priority for him.

She and Mac have been able to work out time to see each other here and there up until this point so I don't see what the issue is there. Anyone Mac dates will have to put up with his odd hours and unless he dates someone independently wealthy who doesn't have to work he'll have to put up with their schedule as well. That's the reality of any relationship where both people work.

5. Jade_Nolan

Jade_Nolan CSI Level One

^ That! Claire is perfect for Mac, but it's not exactly like she can return from the dead for him. And I don't understand the implication that one would rather have him live alone and with the pain that obviously causes him, than in another relationship. That's just cruel.

And you think Claire working in the financial world at the World Trade Center didn't have long hours too? Do you think every couple has to have work schedules that match perfectly? No. That's not reality at all when both significant others work. I work day shifts as a paramedic and my husband works night in a neonatal ICU. And we're extremely happy together. You make the time you have together work and make it count that much more. Mac and Christine aren't ignorant of what each other does. For goodness sake, like Perfect Anomaly said, Christine's brother was a cop, so I'm pretty sure she knows exactly what the job entails.

Not to mention, for Mac, work hasn't always come first before everything else. Remember what he told Christine this last episdoe? - "For a long time this lab and these people have been my life. They've gotten me through some tough times. But now I have you." - When Claire was still alive, he lived for her. Yes he threw himself into his job, but it wasn't his life (remember the reference to a vacation to Mrytle Beach where they all got really drunk :lol:). He doesn't want it to be his life. He wants it to be his jobs. He wants and needs someone to love and live for and who understands and loves him back. And Christine does.

6. MacsGirlMel

Yes, you said it very well, Jade. My feelings too, for the most part.

I've always seen Mac as throwing himself into the job to cope with his loss; I do think he deserves some happiness outside the job these days.

I do have to admit that while Peyton was there, my dislike was totally ship-driven, I was diehard Smacked then. (Though I never saw a lot of chemistry either). But the letter incident totally lost me any respect for her. They did address it later, but Mac deserved better. But that aside, their problem was that neither could leave their home for the other...Peyton didn't want to totally disconnect from England, and Mac didn't want to leave NY. And it's best they didn't pull a Grissom/Sara, one of those is enough...I don't even like the writers for that one; Gil should just come back to teach in Vegas already. Plus, Mac was still struggling; we saw him call her Claire that one time. But I think now he's at a better place in his life and he's managed to let go a little more as we saw in Indelible. He might be at a place now where he can connect with someone else, maybe Christine (I'd like it, though I do have a secret Mac/Jo spot) or someone not in the picture yet. We'll just have to see.

7. nel2h

nel2h CSI Level One

I would like with pleasure a Season 9 without Christine. I find them does not fit to Mac's Character and level. Only together cooking is etc not a love life. More Mac in the laboratory, like in Season 1. It is a crime drama with little screentime for everything character. A short flashback with Clair is OK, and interesting.

Last edited: May 10, 2012
  8. Jade_Nolan

Jade_Nolan CSI Level One

Then I suggest you watch reality crime shows and not a scripted crime drama. Because like it or not they're going to flesh out the various characters' personal lives. I'm going to assume too that you'd rather not see anything about Jo's life outside the lab, not a single mention or elaboration about Danny's background, no relationship development for any of the characters who are single, no sideline stories for Sid regarding his pillow? Scripted shows have to flesh out character backgrounds and personal lives otherwise it would be extremely dry and non-personal. And no one in real life exists solely in the bubble of their job, so to try to define someone as such (like you're doing to Mac) is utterly unrealistic. And have a little imagination! Do you really think dinner was all that went on that evening....just because they didn't explicitly portray it on the show...? I think not ;)

But like I said, if you simply don't prefer seeing "outside the lab character development", reality crime shows are the thing to watch, not a scripted crime drama.

9. nel2h

nel2h CSI Level One

Last edited: May 10, 2012
  10. Rena

Rena Rookie

Maybe it's better to stop that Mac shipper discussion at this point. This is the spoiler thread, guys, not the Mac-Taylor-"We're Oatmeal Persons"-Fan thread, which should include any discussion on his potential love life. I just think this is not the right thread :)

11. Rena

Rena Rookie

12. MacsGirlMel

'We Are Oatmeal People' is the actual title :) But I see your point...I always thought it actually belonged in the ship area.

That scene is going to elicit mixed feelings, based on what was being talked about before, but I teared up a little bit.

What's annoying me is that it looks like I'll have to tape the ep since we're going to my cousin's for haircuts...she's a stylist and does it at the house, so between her schedule and ours, that's always what works best. I was hoping it'd wait until next week but...*sigh*. At least I can read the summary over at DL Chem before watching and cut commericals. No DVR upstairs, so it'll be VHS, but I can live with it. I still hate missing what could be the last ep live though.:scream:

13. Rena

Rena Rookie

Damn it! I knew it was something with "P" :)

14. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

At least you don't have to go to an ex-football player's memorial and be late watching the show. Thank goodness for DVR's.

15. Rena

Rena Rookie

At least you can record it on tape and watch it later ;) Since I live on a different continent with a different time zone and due to a different schedule of airing the seasons (we're always one behind) and due to geolocked CBS video clips I have to find other ways to watch it on my small computer screen :lol::cool: plus I have to wait 'til saturday when everyone else was already watching :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.