George/Nick: Texan Charm #13

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Jacquie, Nov 29, 2011.

1. Crumbs

Crumbs Police Officer

Considering DB's family plays such an important role into his character, I don't mind that we get to see a lot of his family. But I agree I feel we should be able to see into the personal lives of everyone else too.

I wasn't expecting a lot of Nick tonight after the last episode and
    he's supposed to have a major role next episode
    but I thought it was incoherent to have him at the same place half an hour apart in show time. At least have him back at the lab processing evidence.

I really loved his scene with SuperDave though. The two of them work great together. :)

2. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

Great Nick. George always excells at the emotional stuff. :bolian:

I'm not much of a 'Finn' fan (haven't been able to figure out why they brought a problem into a lab they're supposed to be trying to clean up? :confused:) and I am glad that Nick told her "chivalry died about 5 dumpsters ago." :lol: I don't know what it was like in Seattle but they do seem to share the dirty jobs in Vegas.

I loved his anger at McKeen. You could tell by the way he was sitting so stiffly in that chair that he was ready to blow. So glad to get the onscreen closure that we didn't get in season 9. He doesn't get angry often enough. ;)

Even though I don't think it was supposed to get out that he had signed I'm real glad that it did. Don't think I could take not knowing until September. :eek:

My biggest problem - Brass really should have been in the interview room with him, not Ecklie, not DB. I really missed Brass in those scenes.

A review from TV Fanatic

The Nick part:

Susan

3. Sookie

Sookie CSI Level One

I thought George did a fantastic job. For me, the banter between Nick and McKeen were the best part of the show - both actors were great.

I also enjoyed Nick and Finn working together, hopefully next season we see them work more cases together.

Hopefully Nick does not come back 1-2-3 simply because Eckle was shot and DB's granddaugther was kidnapped. I would like to see him work through his issues with what is going on.

And, do you think McKeen has plans for Nick? He already took care of Ecklie and DB.

4. CSIFAN11

CSIFAN11 Dead on Arrival

I didn't even think of that. But it makes sense that he would. It would make for some more great drama next season too. :)

So true! George totally nailed those scenes! He is so amazing with the emotional turmoil stuff. He is so believable. And the look in his eyes...just...wow. They really tell a story about how he is feeling in that moment. So great.

I kept thinking Nick was going to leap over the table and attack McKeen. I wouldn't have blamed him if he did. His restraint was commendable because I'm sure it took everything he had not to. But it was definitely nice to have some of that closure. And it was satisfying as a fan to see Nick be really angry and lash out at the person who he probably hates most in the world.

It's too bad that he's giving McKeen the power to cause him to quit. But since we know he really doesn't quit maybe he comes to realize that once he calms down.

Ditto. ;)

5. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

George did an AWESOME job! He can say so much with his face and eyes without saying anything.

Him and McKeen were great. Nick kept his cool, just like before and didn't give into or let McKeen 'win'.

I think Nick will come back when he hears about Ecklie and DB. It's just in his genetic makeup. There is no way he'll turn his back on them.

I really like the scene with Nick and Finn. I think they could play off each other well.

I was wondering why McKeen went after DB after DB threatened him, but didn't go after Nick, who also threatened him.

I liked the comment McKeen said, about checking his calendar. :lol: Though who knows. someone could be waiting for Nick when he leaves the lab.

And well, gotta say it again. George you did an AWESOME job. That episode should have been yours. ;)

6. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

I can't add much more than what the rest of you have said, except that I agree with all of it! :)

I will add tho that I wonder if Nick learned from the Ray fiasco and that's how he was able to keep his cool as well as he did and also to walk away when he knew he was about to lose it. I love that about him. :)

I really hope the premier for Season 13 has good things for Nick and not just DB drama.

7. PrincessJ88

PrincessJ88 Coroner

I wonder how they're going to resolve Nick quitting with Ecklie getting shot and DB's daughter and granddaughter kidnapped

And how we do know that McKeen doesn't have something waiting for Nick back at his house....

8. Sookie

Sookie CSI Level One

That's what I would like to know- what does McKeen have in store for Nick?

9. ~fox~

~fox~ Hit and Run

LOVED Nick in this epi ! These last 2 episodes have been great, IMO.

Sookie: I, too, was curious about that. I get the whole CSI-in-peril angle since we do care about these characters...I just want Nick to start kickin' butt and takin' names already! :D (Seriously, though, I was very proud of his composure.)

PrincessJ88: I must say...I absolutely adore your avi!! :thumbsup: (Big superhero geek here... very OT, but saw the Avengers...IT WAS AWESOME!!! So was Hiddles...class act all the way!)

10. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Probably nothing, I'm afraid. Otherwise it would have been one of the cliffhangers, I think. I somehow think he'll be in the role of trying to find the kids and also maybe take down McKeen's cronies. At least I hope he gets to play a big role in that and that there is closure on that storyline. :)

11. NickyFan

NickyFan Coroner

Probably right but hopefully wrong :lol:

It would only be right if they were after Nick too... I mean.... they even are after Finlay :rollseyes:

Maybe they just didn't put it in the finale ep... it would have ruined the 'I'm quitting' part, which would have been the biggest shock for everyone if it wasn't sure that George signed for season 13.

12. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

Physically I don't think McKeen has anything in store for Nick. Notice he retaliated against family - kidnapped DB's daughter and granddaughter, shot Ecklie who was turning to protect Morgan. I think McKeen is going to keep doing to Nick exactly what he did back in For Warrick and here in Homecoming, verbal abuse to get inside his head. Notice he repeated the line in Homecoming that if Nick was a good friend of Warrick's he would have shot him.

McKeen right now is retaliating for the death of his son. Beyond his co-workers Nick doesn't have family in Vegas and McKeen has already killed the one who ment the most (Warrick) to Nick.

Susan

13. NickyFan

NickyFan Coroner

I agree but what is it with Finn then? It confuses me... guess they brought her in danger because people care so much about her :rolleyes:

14. Sookie

Sookie CSI Level One

I'm sure McKeen has something up his sleeve for Nick - he is one of the main reason McKeen is in jail.

As for Nick coming back, we know he will come back, but I hope it is not a rushed type of thing where he comes back because he needs to help the others find DB's granddaughter and who shot Ecklie.

Nick is having doubts about his job, and it would be nice if we get to see a little of him working through his issues. It wouldn't be fair to him or us, if it was just, "okay fine, I'll come back..." I would really like to see him talk to one or both of his parents, for some advice, since his Mom is a DA and his Dad is a Judge.

15. Sookie

Sookie CSI Level One

In the June 2012 issue of Watch Magazine, there is a one page article about Grave Danger written by George.