Season 8 Spoiler Discussion #2 - Spoiler Scene: Do Not Cross

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by vegaslights, Oct 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

From Gary's Twitter:

2. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

I actually like that picture. I want to drink his wine, if it's his. :lol:

3. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Is she one of the evil sisters in Ever After? If she is then that's not really helping me like her lol. meh...I don't like this storyline, but it would've helped if I liked the actress.

4. TheChaoticBox

TheChaoticBox Rookie

5. Ryan&MacFan

Ryan&MacFan Victim

I do hope that Mac doesn't die during that hopefully season finale as if it is going to be a series finale thing I say I have a more better idea as in Mac wakes up to see Claire his wife next to his bedside truly alive and we would get to find out more of what happened to Claire along why it took her so long to see him. Plus they would have to have Stella come back for a series finale.

Mac tells Danny he's the boss now, Flack boss of NYPD

The rest are still with their usual job.

Then at the ending we see all the cast together with a cake with Farewell Mac on it and they all hug Mac and see Mac go on a ship or a plane with Claire as in that will be the end.

6. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

Many fans have discussed that, but it'd be seen as really disrespectful to the real life families, and too much like a soap opera. I know one or two people showed up with amnesia afterward, but I think we can be pretty sure Claire's dead.

7. PerfectAnomaly

It's been 10 years. Claire is dead. Anything other than that scenario can be saved for badfic.

Danny is no longer on the promotional track to be head of the lab. Even if he was it would take years to attain that goal. Jo would be the next in line as far as staying within the core team, but Mac would not be the one to make the decision. Flack is still a detective as well. Same scenario as Danny. It would take years of being on a promotional track for him to be in charge. This show has had its continuity and believability problems along the way, but I highly doubt they'd venture into fairy tale land for the series finale.

ETA: Here's some finale info. from TV Guide's Mega Buzz:

I'm glad they're not doing a cliffhanger. I didn't think they would, but part of me was still a bit worried.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2012
  8. Ryan&MacFan

Ryan&MacFan Victim

Glad no clifffhanger. As two CBS shows did an assumed dead and the members later on found the person who was assumed to be dead for many years and the family reunited actually NY did do such a thing as reuniting lost loved ones after many years even tho it wasn't lost bf/gf it was with kids watch next door as I believe that is the right name for the episode.

9. Jade_Nolan

Jade_Nolan CSI Level One

^that. Especially about Claire being dead.

I'm glad too. I didn't think they would since that would basically entail them knowing now what was going to happen to the show. Also, the fact that they're making a resolution that feels good (and I'm going out on a limb here and interpreting that as that it works and is satisfactory as opposed to mushy feel good :p), pretty much negates any doubt about Mac suffering any long term issues from his brush with death. I honestly never thought they would do something like that whether the show was canceled or not, but this all but states so.

10. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

:confused:

11. PerfectAnomaly

But the key here is Claire died as a result of the 9/11 terrorist attacks. Any story line where she is alive 10 years later would be at the very least insensitive.

12. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

Yes, I do agree. It would be very insensitive.

13. Jade_Nolan

Jade_Nolan CSI Level One

Perfect Anomaly and Mac&Adam Fan,Exactly!

And one can't equate 6 and 10 year old kidnapped children being reunited with their parents (the ep you're referring to is 'Right Next Door') with Mac's wife who died in 9/11.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2012
  14. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

Thanks for the clarification.

15. Rena

Rena Rookie

I don't like it either. I somehow still hoped it was just gossip talk, but now I see it's gonna be part of the story. Well, let's see...mmh.

As for the cliffhanger stuff, I don't believe them as long as I haven't seen the episode. Ann D. once said that Nathalia Boa Vista aka Eva LaRue would not become part of the show as a regular cast member, but suddenly she was in the opening credits for season - what was it? - 4? Noo, I think there will be some cliffhanger story like the one with Mac in the season7 final.

I like seeing Mac actually cooking. In 3x01 Peyton said something about his qualities but that was more like a reference to some other qualities LOL Another great quality of a great man :):):)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.