CSI SpinOffs in Limbo

Discussion in 'General CSI Discussion' started by jimihendrix, Mar 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

HuffingtonPost.com has this to say about the fate of CSI:NY & CSI:Miami

"CSI: NY," CBS
    Why: Of the two "CSI" spinoffs, "CSI: NY" is the stronger. Pulling in more than 10 million viewers on a Friday night is no easy task.

"CSI: Miami," CBS
    Why: Out of the three (!) "CSI" programs on the air, "CSI: Miami" could be the one to say goodbye first. The one-time ratings giant has been affected by football overruns (just as "The Good Wife" has) and "CSI: NY" has the edge in terms of total viewers, meaning a "Miami" sunset could be on the horizon.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/08/canceled-tv-shows-2012_n_1332430.html?ref=tv

The Chicago Tribune has this to say:
    "CSI" spinoffs, "CSI: Miami" and "CSI: NY," failed to get pickups as well. That the Miami and New York editions of "CSI" are on the bubble is not entirely surprising as both are showing their age this season. The older of the two, "CSI: Miami," is down 14% season to date in the demo vs. its performance in the same Sunday 10 p.m. timeslot last year. "CSI: NY" is down only 5% from last year, a solid performer for the Eye's Friday lineup.

It looks to me like CSI:Miami has a greater chance of cancellation than NY.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2012
  2. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

This link should work.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/08/canceled-tv-shows-2012_n_1332430.html?ref=tv

FYI: when you get the box, it highlights the http: and that's why you have the extra one.

3. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

It sucks only 25,000 homes get to decided what TV shows survives! Makes me want to invent a better ratings system!

Anyway, I'm happy for the original CSI. Nice to know it's safe. I think regardless of the ratings, this show deserves to be the last CSI standing. This show deserves to close the successful run of the franchise. And that would be many, many years from now.

There is still some optimism in me about NY despite the low ratings it has gotten recently. I'm still hoping it gets at least a midseason slot or heck even a Saturday. I don't care. I just want a final season promotion. It would help the viewers prepare for and accept the show's end unlike a sudden cancellation which I think will hurt more no matter how justified the cancellation would be.

4. Lego107

Lego107 Dead on Arrival

Thats the first I've heard about CSI: NY being more likely to be renewed. i don't think that website is very accurate :confused: Miami still has the better 18-49 ratings, which is the only thing that matters to advertisers. plus Miami just got a huge syndication deal.

i would lOVE LOVE LOVE it is NY was renewed but the ratings and viewers are dropping and it is now CBS' worst Friday night show. Miami can still hold up with delays and it manages to do better than the good wife.

AND i can't see the new Rookie blue show in Miami's slot doing good with the delays. i can see CBS moving another show, probably The Mentalist to New yorks old slot. Friday is much more expandable for CBS

5. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

6. forza juve

forza juve Hit and Run

7. wamdue

wamdue Dead on Arrival

interesting news about CSI NY, being the more likely of the two.

8. Ninja0980

Ninja0980 Police Officer

Not a surprise. The Sunday night timeslot at ten p.m. is where CBS puts shows to be killed. They did it with THe Unit,Cold Case and now CSI Miami.

9. jimihendrix

jimihendrix Rookie

Ninja0980,

I tend to disagree with you. The resason for CSI Miami getting on 45 minutes late was because of CBS Sports (I don't know what sports was on CBS this afternoon). CBS is trying to make up for a loss on the stock market last year.

This time, this is NOT about ratings. It's a revenue issue. CSI Miami, NY, and Vegas are expensive to produce. Yes, the shows are aging, but as I understand, there is only going to be only 1 CSI show not to return.

I don't want to make the die hard fans of CSI NY mad, but in my opinion, this will be the end of NY. According to CBS, one of them has to go. Miami was at a good stopping point tonight, but I'll have to watch the final episode of CSI NY to kind of tell which one will be dump.

We know that CSI Vegas is renewed for one more season, and it wouldn't surprise me if some of the cast of the spin off shows goes to Vegas before CBS takes all three CSI shows off.

Right now, I don't even think that Nancy Teller, Presidnet of CBS Entertainment, nor anybody on the board at CBS knows right now which one will die first, but it has been said that CBS wants to end all three CSI shows. Miami has had a good 10 year run, and in my opinion, is a stronger show than NY, then again, they could cut both sipn off shows if they want to.

All I can say at this ponit is, we have more important things in our lives, and our life will go on after all three CSI shows are gone.

Peace To All CSI Fans

10. jimihendrix

jimihendrix Rookie

Lego,

Right now, nobody at CBS knows. As I said, there have been no official press releases say anything about NY being renewed. Please don't ask my how I know, I just know the two spin off shows are being looked at and like I said, both spin off shows could be axed.

I hope Two and One Half Men gets axed, and I think it will. Thank You Charlie Sheen, you cost CBS deeply to pay you off and go away. This effects which programs get axed, if needed. The CBS Reality Shows like Survivor need to go, heck nobody cares about them these days!

Peace

11. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

It was golf (The Masters) that delayed all the shows by 51 minutes last night. I knew the season finale wouldn't start on time, and now that's over, and the new show starts next Sunday.

12. jimihendrix

jimihendrix Rookie

Hello Folks,

First, let me apologize for a double post, but I was trying to get a point across.

After reading relaible sources, (that are on paper, not on line) right now, nowbody really knows what CBS is going to do. Nancy Teller, President of Entertainment of CBS gave warning in a press release in Febuary. They have probably been thinking about this before Chirstmas of 2011.

The facts are, the spin off shows have aged, the characters that have been on the shows have aged, and the normal hit, popular TV series usually last 8-10 seasons.

Now this is just an opinion, CBS wants to do away with the spin off shows because they have had production companies coming to them with "fresh" ideas to gain revenue that they lost in the "almost stock market crash" of 2011, and they at the same time they had to pay Charlie Sheen off that big money off to go away in the lawsuit he filed in CBS.

With that said, don't listen to rumors, and no offense to the people in other countries posting on this communtiy board, but I think nome of you understand politics in the United States, so I warning you, watch what you read on line.

Most of stuff posted is B.S. by people who have no clue, and don't have any knowledge of the media business. TV Guide and both spin off shows Facebook Pages should be your reliable sources that I can say to take it as the truth, due to the producers of the spin off show post the facts on the spin off shows Facebook pages of their show.

The cast of both spin off shows have been warned, and that's why you see cast members like Eva LaRue from CSI Miami going to ABC and try out on a new "Pilot" comedy show. Right now, she has no clue what's going to happen, so she needs work to pay the bills, she has to get out there and do what she needed to do as a responsible wife and mother.

We can sit here, make up stuff and post it here, but it maybe until early to mid summer before the cast and the public knows anything. Don't sit around and cry about it, there is nothing nobody (even the cast, producers, crews and the public) can do about it. CBS has been in the media business since the mid 20's when all the public had was radio, and now that we are here almost 100 years later, business is business and there is no sense worrying about it.

The cast of the axed shows will move on, so you need to do the same. Many "fiction" shows have been axed in the past that were going strong, but in one of my post, I show an example of what CBS had to do around 1970.

CBS is in the business of making money and turn a profit to it's investors on Wall Street who invest in them. Heck, put yourself in the investors chair, I am sure you want your hard earned money to grow and the stocks increase in value. This is what this is all about. Ratings are not playing a big roll in this as they did last season.

Before you post, do your homework! Also there is no question asked that is a stupid question to ask.

Peace

Last edited: Apr 9, 2012
  13. Hardline Pro

Hardline Pro Lab Technician

The funny thing is NYC 22 probably won't get delayed...at least not in the first 2 weeks...as there are no sports that run until 7 PM on... :rolleyes:

That being said I still won't be watching the show. It looks like a fail rip-off of ABC's Rookie Blue anyways...

14. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

CBS Sports is airing a golf tournament next weekend called the RBC Heritage, so there's a good possibility that it could run long as well. If so, I'm sure the CBS bigwigs won't like it. ;)

15. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

jimihendrix, you've made your point in this thread multiple times, and you continue to make comments that offend other members of the board. Please consider this a friendly warning. Everyone is encouraged to have discussion about the topic at hand, but there is no need to insult other members of the community or tell people to "move on".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.