NCIS #4: *Slap* Nobody Likes A Smartass

Discussion in 'NCIS & NCIS: LA' started by Destiny, Sep 8, 2010.

1. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

New season, new thread, Let's discuse the headslaping gang

Old Thread #2, Old Thread #3.

NCIS SA Gibbs: Mark Harmon
    NCIS SA DiNozzo: Michael Weatherly
    NCIS SA David: Cote de Pablo
    NCIS SA McGee: Sean Murray
    Abby Sciuto: Pauley Perrette
    Dr. "Ducky" Mallard: David McCallum
    Jimmy Palmer: Brian Dietzen
    NCIS Director Leon Vance: Rocky Carroll

Twitter:
    NCIS
    Pauley Perrette
    Sean Murray
    Brian Dietzen

Facebook:
    NCIS

More will be added when we get it.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2010
  2. Destiny

These are the Spoilers from the previous thread for season 8.

Question: I need a juicy NCIS scoop, please.
    Ausiello: Would you settle for a mildly interesting one instead? Knots Landing vet William Devane is slated to guest star this fall as the grandfather of a little girl that is kidnapped. Admit it, that kind of knocked your socks off.

Given the events of the finale, is Gibbs' job in danger on NCIS?
    ADAM: The murder of Pedro Hernandez will add a new layer to the already contentious relationship between Gibbs and Director Vance. You'll see Vance's somewhat shocking reaction in the premiere, but executive producer Shane Brennan coyly tells us that it may also give hints to Vance's own mysterious past. "Sometimes when you think something's done, things pop up years later," Brennan says. "You've got that famous moment where the new director moves into his office for the first time and shreds a piece of paper. That's one of those moments."

Question: Do you know if NCIS will deal more with what happened to Ziva in Somalia?
    Ausiello: Funny you should ask. Exec producer Shane Brennan just told me the following: "In November sweeps, we dip again into a story that perhaps everyone thought was played out. It involves Ziva."

Questions: I am dying for some NCIS scoop. Any news on the season premiere?
    Ausiello: Brennan says the resolution of last season’s cliffhanger will "speak volumes about what sort of dad Gibbs Sr. was to his son. And you see why Gibbs is very much cut from the same cloth. He may be old, but he’s feisty."

Question: Is Rena Sofer returning to NCIS?
    Ausiello: "She’s not in the premiere," says Brennan. "But she didn’t die. And unless they carry you out feet first, never say never."

Question: Last week’s NCIS scoop was kinda lame. My socks weren’t knocked off—maybe pulled halfway down, but not knocked off. Got anything else this week?
    Ausiello: This should do the trick: The hit procedural will air an origin episode or two this season, according to exec producer Shane Brennan . "You’ll find out how certain members of the team first came to NCIS," reveals the big boss, who all but confirms that said episodes will feature flashbacks. "It’ll be hard to do them without flashbacks." Where are your socks now?!

Question: You disappoint me, Mr. Ausiello. Last week’s NCIS spoiler was such old news! Can we please have some NEW dirt?
    Ausiello: Gibbs Sr. survived the cliff-hanger, and this exclusive image (look over to your left!)
    from NCIS‘ Sept. 21 season premiere proves it. I can’t vouch for his well-being by the end of the episode, but he’s alive and, well, a little freaked out at the beginning. Am I off the hook now?!

From Fancast:
    It takes a lot to ruffle the ‘NCIS‘ team’s feathers, but a few eager beavers may do just that when Gibbs (played by Mark Harmon) allows three interns to shadow him, DiNozzo et al during the second episode of the CBS hit’s coming season.

Playing the oh-so-curious wannabe investigators are Zack Lively (’Greek’), David Magidoff (’Veronica Mars’) and newcomer Elizabeth Wright Shapiro, Fancast has learned. Check out a picture of the fresh faces below.

Though the trio – unlike, say, ‘Bones’ ongoing rotation of "squinterns" – are around for just the singular episode, I am told that it will be fun to witness the veteran NCIS special agents’ distinct reactions to their presence.

Zack Lively, David Magidoff and Elizabeth Wright Shapiro guest-star on the Sept. 28 episode of 'NCIS'

Which of our favorites will bust the young’uns’ balls? And who will help cultivate the interns’ joie de crime-solving?

Find out when the trio "invade" the NCIS on Tuesday, September 28, one week after the popular procedural uncorks its Season 8 premiere.

Will there be any friction between Abby and Gibbs in the new season of NCIS?
    ADAM: While there still may be some fallout from Abby's discovery of Gibbs' murderous past, executive producer Shane Brennan doesn't think the secret will greatly change their relationship. "It's a complex relationship and we've just added another layer of complexity," he says. "But we would not jeopardize the relationship that the audience has come to love. It does bring a different perspective, but it's not like they're going to be busted up. Gibbs and Abby are going back to being Gibbs and Abby."

NCIS Exclusive: Your First Look at Season 8
    When NCIS returns this fall, viewers won't have to wait long at all to see exactly what happens to Papa Gibbs.

"We pick up the show right where we left off, and I advise every fan of the show to sit down and watch that first minute. It's explosive," executive producer Shane Brennan tells TVGuide.com. "Ralph Waite is front and center all the way throughout the episode."

But as you can see in this exclusive first image from Season 8, Gibbs Sr. isn't the only target on the Reynosa Cartel's hit list.

PIC HERE

In fact, the premiere — titled "Spider and the Fly" — finds all of Gibbs' team members as potential targets when their investigation of the murder of a helicopter pilot leads Gibbs (Mark Harmon) back to the vengeful Paloma Reynosa (Jacqueline Obradors), whose father Gibbs murdered.

Fortunately, it sounds like the team members are looking out for each other. "We'll get back into showing NCIS as the team that it's always been," Brennan says.

NCIS returns on Tuesday, Sept. 21 at 8/7c on CBS.

NCIS

Premieres: Tuesday, Sept. 21 at 8/7c

Where We Left Off: Abby discovered Gibbs' secret connection to the murder of Pedro Hernandez in Mexico. While in Mexico, Gibbs was captured by Pablo's daughter, Paloma Reynosa, who sought vengeance for her father's death. In the season's closing moments, Paloma turned up at the store of Gibbs' father, Jackson.

What's Next: Gibbs must face the team after the information of his past gets out. Plus: executive producer Shane Brennan promises several origin stories that explain how the team members all ended up at NCIS.

Press Release for....
    Air Date: Tuesday, September 21, 2010
    Time Slot: 8:00 PM-9:00 PM EST on CBS
    Episode Title: (#801) "Spider and the Fly"

AS THE REYNOSA CARTEL'S VENDETTA AGAINST GIBBS REACHES A BOILING POINT, THE TEAM FINDS THEMSELVES BECOMING TARGETS IN THE CONCLUSION OF LAST SEASON'S CLIFFHANGER, ON THE EIGHTH SEASON PREMIERE OF "NCIS. - With Paloma Reynosa still on the loose, Gibbs must take desperate measures to protect the ones he loves. - The members of the NCIS team find themselves to be the targets of Paloma Reynosa, who is out there trying to fulfill her vendetta against Gibbs.

Ralph Waite Reprises His Role as Gibbs' Father, Jackson

Muse Watson Reprises His Role as Gibbs' Mentor, Mike Franks ​

Marco Sanchez Reprises His Role as Alejandro Rivera, a Mexican Justice Department Official ​

Jacqueline Obradors Reprises Her Role as Paloma Reynosa, the Head of the Reynosa Drug Cartel​

Okay that is it for now, everything is current. From here on out we post the spoiler like we did in the other threads. ;) Reminder when Quoting any of the spoilers above, please do not quote them all in on, just quote the one you are referring to. It would be much appreciated.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2010
  3. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Thanks for gathering up all the spoilers, Destiny. :)

4. Daisy

Daisy Pathologist

Only 2 weeks left *yay*! This summer went by fast.

I found this yesterday, I might have missed in the post above (had no time to click open all the spoiler teksts ;)).

‘NCIS’ Scoop On Some Twists and Interns To Come!

It takes a lot to ruffle the ‘NCIS‘ team’s feathers, but a few eager beavers may do just that when Gibbs (played by Mark Harmon) allows three interns to shadow him, DiNozzo et al during the second episode of the CBS hit’s coming season.

Playing the oh-so-curious wannabe investigators are Zack Lively (’Greek’), David Magidoff (’Veronica Mars’) and newcomer Elizabeth Wright Shapiro, Fancast has learned. Check out a picture of the fresh faces below.
    Though the trio – unlike, say, ‘Bones’ ongoing rotation of “squinterns” – are around for just the singular episode, I am told that it will be fun to witness the veteran NCIS special agents’ distinct reactions to their presence.

Source

Sounds hilarious if you ask me :lol:

5. MarineGirl#1

MarineGirl#1 CSI Level Three

Woot [​IMG] New thread. :)

Thanks for FF the spoilers from the last thread, Destiny. I'm very excited for the premiere and eppie 2 sounds like a lot of fun. Can't wait to see the teams reactions :guffaw:

Hey Daisy... you and me got some similair interests here (NCIS and F1) and if you're a Mark Harmon Fan, why don't you hop over to our Dutch board? Just a fast clicky on my banner will get you there. :devil:

6. Destiny

You're all welcome. Daisy yep got that one in the second post, under the tag "Scoop Fancast" but thanks. ;)

7. CSI_Kat

CSI_Kat Addicted to Gutterville Moderator

Great title! I am super excited for this show to start back up! Thanks for gathering all the info Destiny!

8. INACTIVEQuinn Fabray

INACTIVEQuinn Fabray Lab Technician

Hooray! New thread and I love the title!! :lol: Thanks for all the spoilers Destiny! I'm very excited for the new season!!! :D

9. MarineGirl#1

MarineGirl#1 CSI Level Three

Spoiler pics of eppie 2
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. INACTIVEQuinn Fabray

INACTIVEQuinn Fabray Lab Technician

Thanks for posting the pictures MarineGirl#1!

11. Destiny

Source: TvGuide Online

NCIS: How Will Gibbs' Past Affect the Rest of the Team?

The uncovering of skeletons from Jethro Gibbs' past left his father in danger in NCIS' Season 7 finale. As Season 8 begins, everyone close to Gibbs may have a target on his or her back.

Executive producer Shane Brennan tells TVGuide.com that Gibbs Sr. (guest star Ralph Waite) will be front-and-center through the first episode and that his actions will give viewers an idea where Gibbs (Mark Harmon) gets his fighting spirit.

"It's a big opening," Brennan says. "I advise every fan of the show to sit down and watch that first minute. It's explosive. We finish up that story, and we'll get back into showing NCIS as the team it's always been."

The bad news, however, is that Gibbs' team members feel threatened when their investigation of a helicopter pilot' murder leads Gibbs back to the vengeful Paloma Reynosa (Jacqueline Obradors), whose father Gibbs killed. Worse still, not every team member takes the news of Gibb's murderous past with a smile.

"I think that DiNozzo is squarely confronting several personal demons this year," Michael Weatherly says of his character. "You see a man who is a maybe a little less silly. He's not totally lost his sense of humor, but I think there are some changes going on with that character that are kind of a subsequent result of seeing Gibbs in a new light."

Expect deeper insights into several characters this season, as Brennan promises origin episodes for at least a couple characters. Plus, look for the return of Ziva's father (Michael Nouri) to lead to what Brennan calls this season's first big Tony-Ziva (Cote de Pablo) moment.

"For Tiva fans, there is a moment in the first half of the season," Brennan says. "There will be some ghosts from the past, though maybe some of them are not ghosts. It probably won't go as far as [the fans] want it to, but have we ever gone far enough for them?"

Gibbs' relationship with Abby (Pauley Perrette), meanwhile, should settle down, even though she was the first to uncover Gibbs dark secret. "It's a complex relationship and we've just added another layer of complexity," Brennan says. "But we would not jeopardize the relationship that the audience has come to love. It does bring a different perspective to it, but it's not like they're going to be busted up. Gibbs and Abby are going back to being Gibbs and Abby."

But Brennan, who's known for meticulously plotting out his seasons far in advance, is already thinking about the season's end. And it sounds like the NCIS team may not stay very peaceful for very long.

"Toward the end of the season, there will be a big, big, enormous question mark over one of the characters," Brennan teases.

NCIS returns Tuesday at 8/7c on CBS.

12. Destiny

Source: TvGuide Online

The Unit's Abby Brammell Reports for Duty

The Unit star Abby Brammell has been enlisted to guest-star in an upcoming episode of NCIS, TVGuide.com has learned exclusively.

In an episode titled "Short Fuse," Brammell, 31, will play a bomb tech who becomes linked to a homicide. During the investigation, the NCIS team will have to dig into her character's very guarded personal life for answers.

Best known for her role as adulterous housewife Tiffy Gerhardt on The Unit, Brammell has also held recurring roles on Six Feet Under, The Shield and Star Trek: Enterprise. She most recently appeared on such shows as Lie to Me, Castle and The Mentalist.

Brammell's episode is slated to air Tuesday, Oct. 5.

Source: Fancast

Charms You into Watching ‘NCIS’ Premiere

It’s next to impossible not to be charmed by Michael Weatherly, especially when you are right next to Michael Weatherly.

And I was, at a party this summer in Los Angeles … so what did I do? Set down my hors d’oeuvres, whipped out my flipcam and made the CBS star answer questions about the new season of ‘NCIS‘!

See, I always have my dear readers in mind, even when I’m out and about….

So according to the delightfully fun Tony DiNozzo, who politely played along, Season 8 of the CBS hit drama is “shaping up to be the best.” (And with one of the most charismatic, chemistry-fueled casts in prime-time, how could it not?)

Weatherly also name-dropped some guest stars popping up this season and assures me that viewers will not be strung along on that big cliffhanger that closed out last season.

In tonight’s season-opener, the Reynosa Cartel’s vendetta “reaches a boiling point,” as those close to Gibbs (Mark Harmon) — and that means DiNozzo, Ducky and Jimmy Palmer, as well as Jethro’s pop — become targets. Ruh Roh.

While there may be a swift resolution to the big showdown, they are still stringing us along with the never-ending sexual tension between Tony and Ziva (Cote de Pablo), but it’s not tired out yet, thanks to frisky exchanges like this one about tan lines and shea butter. Ziva is back from vacation–and so is ‘NCIS,’ yes!

‘NCIS’ First Look: See Who Will Help Gibbs Battle the Cartel

When CBS’ top-rated ‘NCIS‘ kicks off its eighth season on Tuesday, September 21, tensions will remain high as the closing moments of the May finale play out.

The good news, Rocky Carroll (who plays Director Vance) tells Fancast, is that unlike in some memorable past season openers, everyone on the team “is still alive and well.”

That said, he teases, “We’ve got a few old scores to settle.”

Among those stubborn foes is the Reynosa cartel, which still looms as a significant threat to Gibbs (Mark Harmon) and his team. When last we tuned in, cartel kingpin (queenpin?) Paloma had just entered the store where Jackson Gibbs (Ralph Waite), Jethro’s pop, works.

In the aftermath of that showdown – Gibbs gets a visit from his mentor, Mike Franks (played by returning guest star/’Prison Break’ alum Muse Watson).

The reason for Franks’ arrival on the scene? To offer Gibbs a much-needed assist in his campaign to neutralize the Reynosa threat once and for all.

Watson/Mike Franks isn’t the only encore to watch for this season. As previously reported by Fancast, both Robert Wagner (as DiNozzo’s dad) and Michael Nouri (as Eli David) are also due to return.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2010
  13. Destiny

Source: TvGuide

I need some fresh NCIS spoilers.

ADAM:
    I'm your guy, Brandon. The show is looking to add a new recurring character. Described as an authoritative leader with an operational history dating back to the Cold War, this former NCIS agent is an old workhorse who likes strong coffee and carries a flask. But he's got a troubled past: Look for him to try to right the wrongs in his life.

14. Destiny

Source: EW

Question: Any scoop on Ziva’s storyline on NCIS?

Ausiello:
    During November sweeps, Ziva “comes face-to-face with her father for the first time since her return from Israel,” reveals exec producer Shane Brennan. “It’s an emotion-charged reunion in a two-part episode that also reveals much about the enigmatic Eli David and one of the other team members.”

15. Destiny

Source: TvGuide.

NCIS' Brian Dietzen: Get Ready for "More Jimmy Goodness"

NCIS' assistant medical examiner Jimmy Palmer can't stay lovably dim forever, right?

"I wanted the character to grow a little bit and learn a bit from what he's been doing the last seven years in autopsy," Brian Dietzen tells TVGuide.com of his character's growth this season. "Jimmy's always kind of been the bumbling guy who's a half a beat behind. We don't want to lose any of that, but ... if this guy hasn't learned a thing since the first season, he'd get canned pretty quickly."

Jimmy will start on that path in Tuesday's episode, when a handful of interns are called into help with a kidnapping investigation. Unfortunately for Jimmy, he feels a little left out when his boss, Ducky (David McCallum), takes an interest in of one of the interns, Sarah Knox (guest star Elizabeth Wright Shapiro).

"Jimmy feels more than a little bit threatened by this gal coming into autopsy," Dietzen says. "It seems he can read the writing on the wall, and he tries to enlist the help of any of the other agents to give him a job and make him feel important. He fears that his importance in autopsy is slipping away. It's a really fun show for Jimmy because he's running around like a chicken with its head cut off.

"She knows a bit more than Jimmy does about Scotland, singing, and quite a few different things that Ducky really takes a shine to," Dietzen continues. "She's new, she's young, and she's eager to learn. That's all the stuff that Jimmy has been in the past, and he's sent into sort of a tailspin."

Dietzen says his character's relationship with mentor Ducky is similar to his with McCallum in real life. "I get to go to work every day and work with a TV acting legend," Dietzen says. "We have some great guest stars on the show like Robert Wagner and Ralph Waite. ... It's great to meet these folks, but I never lose sight of the fact that I get to do it every day I go to work. There's a lot that's translated into the characters. Jimmy's always learning from Ducky, and I am constantly learning from David."

So will Jimmy be able to prove his value and get some affirmation by episode's end? "Absolutely not," Deitzen says with a laugh. "I think that would be great, but by the same token, it's smart of our writers to always keep the characters on their toes. It's great to have a conclusion where people say, 'You're loved and you're appreciated.' But sometimes they don't. I like it that certain things are left open-ended, and that's what they decide to do with this."

Even so, Jimmy will appear in four of the next five episodes, which will give his character plenty of time to prove himself. "We're going to see a lot of Jimmy Palmer stuff," Dietzen says. "When I asked [executive producer] Gary Glasberg what I can say about this season, he said, 'Tell them they're going to get a lot more Jimmy goodness.'

"He's constantly learning," Dietzen continues. "There are going to be mistakes still made along the way. Although he's going to try to impress and try to do his job extremely well, Jimmy's always had a knack for asking questions about the obvious. As far as Jimmy becoming a very confident fellow who knows how to solve the case by himself, I don't think it will get to that point. But I do think the character will graduate to another level."