I Have An "LV" Episode/Character Question *NO Spoilers* P2

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Jan 2, 2009.

1. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

In "The Two Mrs Grissoms" we learned that he was in Peru. According to Sara in "Unleashed," he's still there.

2. Kaunis Mies

Kaunis Mies Pathologist

Thanks and the reason i asked as there's an FB page which asks CSI questions

3. Biomeka

Biomeka Hit and Run

What does Grissom do in Paris I wonder (besides Sara that is ;)

4. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

He was lecturing/teaching at the Sorbonne, I believe.

5. AFIS

AFIS Lab Technician

Two random questions:

1. Do the CSI stars ever go to other countries to promote the show? I know they do interviews for foreign magazines/websites but I'm talking about in-person appearances.

2. Does anyone know what happens to old CSI sets/props? I heard that TPTB locks them up in some secret vault location owned by CBS (think Area 51 but in Los Angeles and no aliens) where they throw all of the sets/props from old tv shows. But that's what I heard on the grapevine of the internet and we know how trustworthy that tends to be...:lol:

6. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

To answer your first question, yes, they do. Marg was recently in France promoting the eleventh season. Monte Carlo Festival is also a good time when stars go out to promote the show (Eric, George, Marg, and Billy have gone before).

As for your second, it depends. A lot of the props are kept just in case they need to be used again. A prop master usually handles all prop-related items.

7. Biomeka

Biomeka Hit and Run

Why is DB called "Moonbeam"

I think Catherine first called him that but I'm not sure is it like a reference to something?

8. AFIS

AFIS Lab Technician

Hmm...I think it's because he said that comment on the tram about how the ceiling looked like a constellation, Biomeka. I could be wrong though. I haven't seen the episode in a couple of weeks.:)

9. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

I think it's because he's kind of like a hippy....non-traditional. In the 60's a lot of people named their kids stuff like Rainbow, Peace, Moonbeam... :)

10. Ladybronco

Ladybronco Pathologist

AFIS and Smokey hit the nail on the head and beat me to it!

It also kind of reminds me of Frank Zappa's kids; Moonunit and Dweezil :lol:
    I'm not sure if Dweezil ever changed his name, but his daughter eventually ended up going by just Moon, last I heard. :)

11. beaujolais

beaujolais Lab Technician

I remember Atwater, Mobley and Burdick were all sheriffs. I believe Brass and Grissom reported directly to Atwater and Mobley and Brass asked Burdick for time off in "Hollywood Brass" so I'm guessing at the end of S5 he reported to the sheriff. But then all of a sudden McKeen showed up in S6, I think, as the Undersheriff. Was there ever an Undersheriff before McKeen? And what exactly is the purpose of the Undersheriff? I get that Catherine and D.B. report to Ecklie but I don't get the impression Brass does. Or maybe he does but he's been AWOL so much that it's just not as obvious to me.

12. aaronfalin

aaronfalin Dead on Arrival

Sorry for digging up stuff way in-the-past, but I am trying to put together a spreadsheet of episode notes for quick reference and I need some help.

I have various color coding for similar subjects (Lady Heather, Drops, Miniature Killer, Nate Haskel, Sam Braun, etc...) and I am wondering if anyone can tell me the episodes that mention Grissom's hearing loss. I know there were a couple that dealt with it pretty heavy, but it was alluded to or mentioned in several that I am missing notation for.

I tried the search funtion on this great board, and even resorted to Google, and still have no luck with an actual list of which episodes. If someone could help me, i would greatly appreciate it.

If anyone has any other subjects I should group/notate, please feel free to mention that too. I'm a little OCD once I start something, and it's driving me nuts not being able to finish.

13. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

Oh it's fine, gives me a chance to test see how good my knowledge is :)

Grissom learns he's going deaf in The Hunger Artist, the season 2 finale

Season 3 is where it's brought up more and more, several episodes, I'm not sure if this is all of them

The Accused is Entitled
    A Little Murder
    High and Low
    One Hit Wonder
    Lady Heather's Box
    A Night at the Movies
    Play with Fire
    Inside the Box- where he makes the decision to have the surgery

It's brought in the season 4 premiere Assume Nothing and in season 6 in Spellbound

14. aaronfalin

aaronfalin Dead on Arrival

Holy crap, that was fast ! you do all that from memory? we need to talk :)

BTW, according to the extra features on the dvd set for (i think season 2), it was alluded to in Chaos Theory as well, when he was zoning out listening to the parents of the missing girl... though it does mention that he was possibly just zoning out trying to think.

Thank you sooo very much ! I may have more later, but none that I can think of right now. You rock !

Last edited: Oct 22, 2011
  15. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Also "Sounds of Silence" from season one. :)