Renewed/Canceled/Info shows

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by RBC, Feb 25, 2007.

1. Ninja0980

Ninja0980 Police Officer

I watched five mins of it and regret that I can't get those minutes back.:(

2. Carolyn_333

Carolyn_333 Pathologist

Here's what I said about this on my Facebook wall:

3. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

It really sucks that Memphis Beat got canceled. I'm surprised they canceled Hawthorne. I could take or leave the show, but the last episode ended on a damn cliffhanger. We're not gonna get the resolve of that? That bites!

I'm glad that Falling Skies is coming back. And I'm really happy that Leverage got renewed. I've never watched Franklin and Bash, but my father really likes it. Rizzoli and Isles is a decent show, but I often forget to watch it LOL. Never watched Men of a Certain Age.

4. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

Thought this was a good time to refresh this thread.

CBS just announced the renewal of 18 shows. This isn't a final list, so don't worry just yet about Miami and NY. Others missing are: Unforgettable, A Gifted Man, Two and a Half Men.

Comedy
    2 Broke Girls
    The Big Bang Theory
    How I Met Your Mother
    Mike & Molly

Drama
    Blue Bloods
    Criminal Minds
    CSI
    The Good Wife
    Hawaii Five-0
    The Mentalist
    NCIS
    NCIS: Los Angeles
    Person of Interest

Other
    48 Hours Mystery
    60 Minutes
    The Amazing Race
    Survivor
    Undercover Boss

5. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Fox has canceled both of its Monday night shows from last season. Terra Nova will NOT return for a second season and House will end this season.

Fox has brought back the Christian Slater comedy "Breaking In" and has added Will & Grace's Megan Mulally to the cast.

6. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

Ex-CSI exec producer Naren Shankar and writer Sarah Goldfinger's new series Grimm just got a renewal for next season on NBC. Congrats!

7. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

Haha, our one channel bought Terra Nova and has done huge ad campagne (I think it was already in talks that it won't get 2nd year) and now they are all boo hoo that it's ending when it's "super popular" here.. well I don't think so - I can name many american series that have done better (CSI, Mentalist, ER, 24 and so on)

The same thing happened with "Event" - and they dared to call it "hitseries from USA" even it was already cancelled in US when they started to show it here :lol: :lol: :lol:

I cannot understand why a certain channel keeps buying these one season wonders.

Other channel has bought better ones and even shows them with a few weeks after it's aired in US (unlike YLE that shows e.g Law & Orders - they are showing atm L&O CI's 5th season :lol: ) But then YLE has started to buy quite a lot of HBO shows (Boardwalk Empire, Game of Thornes).

As for House, I think it should have gone a few season ago. I think I lost my interest somewhere in 3rd season when they started to suffle the characters around. And it started to repeat itself so badly. I hope I can see Hugh in new project, he is so great. Or maybe now he can be quest in QI :lol: :lol:

And for Two and Half Men. I tried to watch it with Aston. Managed to watch 2 episodes but no. Dear god no. Yes, he is funny but Charlie was so more for it.

8. jimihendrix

jimihendrix Rookie

I read on the Xfinity/Comcast Home Page the Two and One Half Men was not going to be on next season. I don't know who told them that. I wish that CBS would get rid of their Reality Shows. Survivor has been on way, way too long! It must cost tons on money to do, and folks around my neck of the woods are sick of it. Also, Saturday Nights are totally boring on CBS. I am old enough to recall in 1970 when "All in the Family" came on, and it was a Saturday Night Hit. I guess we just live in a different era now. This old man doesn't go out bar hopping anymore. I got out to eat, visit a few friends, then call it a night in front of the TV. NBC and ABC are even worse on Saturday nights! SNL is now boring to me!

9. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

Two and a Half men is not going anywhere. They will be back next season because Aston Kutchner and Jon Cryer are sign up for next season and they won't get a raise. I just read the tv guide on internet few weeks ago.

10. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

11. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

I have a friend who watches Fringe, and she's worried about that show, probably as much as I'm concerned about CSI: Miami & CSI: NY. I wish these networks would stop leaving us in the dark! :scream:

12. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

13. Ninja0980

Ninja0980 Police Officer

Have a strong feeling NY is gonna get the ax...:(

14. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

15. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

My friend will be VERY pleased. :)