Season 8 Spoiler Discussion #2 - Spoiler Scene: Do Not Cross

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by vegaslights, Oct 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. perlnoir

perlnoir Pathologist

source: http://www.spoilertv.com/2012/04/csi-ny-episode-816-slainte-press.html

2. nel2h

nel2h CSI Level One

Thanks Perl. I wish a nice Eastern!!!!!!:)

3. ioanhoratio

ioanhoratio Victim

I disagree. To say canon isn't up for debate seems very limited. I believe there is room for interpretation. For example, your contention that there was no evidence of a relationship between DL getting "jiggy with it" on the pool table and the night of Lucy's conception I feel is inaccurate. In the first episode of season 4 Lindsay puts a can of condom spray in Danny's pocket with a cheeky look and Danny acknowledges, in "Commuted Sentence" (I believe that's the name of the episode) when Lindsay pinches Danny's "love handles" it suggest a more intimate relationship than co-workers, when Lindsay tells Mac that Danny is out with the flu Mac tells Lindsay not to catch it--indicating he knew she would be going to spend time with him, when Ruben died Lindsay comes to find Danny and wants to fulfill the role of comforter, and I'm sure there are a few other incidents (I'm just working off memory here). They are admittedly subtle, but I'm fine with that. One of my biggest complaints with American television is that the shows tend to treat the viewers as "slow on the up take" and have to have everything spelled out.

Since they are more subtle I always acknowledge there is room for interpretation in the opposite direction, but that doesn't negate--in fact more proves--my point that to say canon is strictly one way or another is fallible.

But then again what do I know? I'm married with kids so my life is pretty boring (sorry, couldn't resist a little teasing ;)) and perhaps I spend too much time thinking about this stuff.

4. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

Does anyone remember a spoiler where Mac was supposed to be dating a lab tech at first?

5. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

Lindsay was flirty with Danny. That is canon. That they were in any type of relationship or dating is fanon. Lindsay came to the morgue, told Danny she heard about Ruben, Danny walked away and Lindsay told Mac, "I'm no good at this type of thing," or whatever she said. That is canon. That Lindsay tried to be a source of comfort for Danny after Ruben died is fanon. In fact, in her big monologue one of her big beefs with Danny was that he never came to her for comfort, not that she tried to comfort him and he refused said comfort.

Fanon may dictate how you watch and enjoy the show, but it doesn't necessarily have anything to do with what actually happened on the screen. PV and the rest of TPTB can tell me all they want that DL were always together, in love and exclusively seeing each other, destined to be together from the moment they laid eyes on each other because their true love was ordained by God, etc, but what actually happened on the show doesn't support that at all. Trying to shove that they are the show's "wholesome family" down people's throats doesn't ring true based on their canon history.

And yes, saying that DL is boring clearly means I think all married couples with children are boring. :wtf: I think DL is boring and has no business detracting from a procedural crime drama. I loved Flack/Angell. I like Mac/Christine. While I don't watch the show for ships I don't find them all a waste of time either.

6. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

7. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Oh good, I'm glad.

8. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

Pretty sad that their idea of big, possible series finale news is the appearance of the spawn. :rolleyes: Cute pic of the kid with Carmine and Anna though.

9. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

Well, look at the bright side. At least she isn't 12. :rolleyes:

But I do agree it is sad that we see her in what may be the series finale.

10. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

Why no new ep next week? I though there weren't any more skips before the finale.

11. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I was wondering that too. You would think tonight would be the repeat considering its Good Friday.

12. Rena

Rena Rookie

Wow, Lucy's much older now, like 4. At the final of S6 she was more like 2, I'd say.

What I thought to be odd is that they're referring to DLL as a "normal family doing normal things such as cooking dinner" though we see Danny and Lindsay at work night and day. I don't know much about the job conditions for parents in the United States but I always wonder how much they pay for a babysitter or nanny or one of these daycare mothers when they're out at a crime scene at night or work through shifts all night. It's like they're both on-call duty at the same time. Where's Lucy? At Grandma's palce? Neighbours next door? :confused::wtf:

13. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

It looks like CBS will air a concert next Friday.

The next episode of CSI:NY won't air until April 27 (after a repeat on April 20). Here's the schedule as it stands right now:

4/13 - not airing
    4/20 - repeat of 8.03 "Cavallino Rampante"
    4/27 - 8.16 "Sláinte"
    5/04 - 8.17 "Unwrapped"
    5/11 - season finale 8.18

14. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

:scream:

15. Rena

Rena Rookie

:mad:

I guess that's not good...another hiatus...grr!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.