Ryan/Jon #31 - Takes a Lickin’ and Keeps on Tickin’

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by FieldMouse, Oct 24, 2011.

?

Thread name

Poll closed Oct 31, 2011.
  1. Ryan Wolfe, Man of Mystery

3 vote(s)
    15.0%
  2. Remedy for Togo Fever

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Hero of Our Hearts

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. The Miami Way

1 vote(s)
    5.0%
  5. A Smile Brighter Than Diamonds

1 vote(s)
    5.0%
  6. Takes a Lickin’ and Keeps on Tickin’

8 vote(s)
    40.0%
  7. Gators, Tornadoes & Bears: Oh My!

4 vote(s)
    20.0%
  8. The 3 T's: Togo, Tux & Towel

3 vote(s)
    15.0%
  1. Gooniegirl3333

Gooniegirl3333 Lab Technician

Thanks, Theresa and greatfan, for the Emily pic!

I had a crazy epiphany last night. Why doesn't CBS give us a goodbye special? Not an episode but a special that goes over the last 10 years of the show? They could interview the cast and crew about what their favorite episode was, what they wished would have happened, what they wished wouldn't have happened... they could ask fans to send in questions to ask the cast...

It's something, right?

2. Hardline Pro

Hardline Pro Lab Technician

Re: Ryan/Jon #31 - Takes a Lickin’ and Keeps on Tickin’

This is CBS we are talking about here. They don't do things like that, sadly. :(

3. greatfan

greatfan Captain

Sorry Theresa,I didn't see the link you posted,probably because I was in mourning over the cancellation of the show.

A goodbye special would be great. I love the idea of the cast letting us know what they wished had happened,etc.

4. Gooniegirl3333

Gooniegirl3333 Lab Technician

Doesn't mean they couldn't start now. The show would be inexpensive to make and they could even boast about the guest stars they've had on over the years, i.e Zac Efron before HSM fame, Chris Pine before Star Trek fame, Alana De La Garza of Law & Order... the list goes on.

They have so many things to go over and reminisce, and all they would need to do is show clips they already have and a cast that's willing to say goodbye.

5. BlueDiamondStar

BlueDiamondStar Coroner

Aww great idea. Too sad CBS doesn't do things like these.
    But sounds like truly what we need after 10 years of show.

6. MiamiWolfe

MiamiWolfe Pathologist

The worst part of having Miami cancelled is of course not seeing Jon on a week by week basis. Another thing that bothers me is how the characterof Ryan Wolfe was treated over the last several years. Virtually no character development, always in trouble and basically disappearing in some eppies.

Thanks for the memories on Miami Jon. You are so talented, I don't see you unemployed long.

7. Blinded By Smoke

Blinded By Smoke Pathologist

Wow! I can not even begin to express my sadness over the show being cancelled. My heart is still heavy, and I am still having a hard time comprehending it. I'm surly going to miss the characters, especially Ryan Wolfe. He was probably the most mysterious, and intruginging character I've ever seen! I am left wanting to know more, and see more... :( Sure will miss Jon Togo on a weekly basis... hope he finds work else where, and SOON... doing something we can frequently DROOL over him on... *sigh*

I don't even know what to say. Smh.. CBS amazes me. I don't know why ANY of the CSI shows had to come to an end! I love all three, to be honest, but Miami will always be my #1....

Thanks for all the fun nights, and laughs... chats and drool fest... not to mention, making the sweater vest look HOT. I can't believe the massive amount of friends I made JUST by being a fan of this show! I love ALL you WolfePack girls, and will STILL be visiting! I just wish we had ONE more season, then again, that would only leave us wanting another....

I look back to the past few seasons, waiting it out with all you guys on here... remembering when we watched 'All Fall Down' and anticipated the results (for some reason, that one really sticks out in my mind!)--- gah. I just... I don't know... :(

Goodbye, Miami. You will be missed.

OH and BTW GG, Paul Wesley was on the show back in season 3, way before his Vampire Dairies fame. :)

8. BlueDiamondStar

BlueDiamondStar Coroner

I still feel the same...
    Despite still having half of season 10. Had droolfest last night. Felt the episode seen before but it didn't put apart my droolfest LOL.
    Loved Ryan's expressions over the dog and then chase after guy later saying him if he ever cleans XD

That cracked me up for the reminder of night.

Actually there was unexpected amount of Ryan. Not only in promo but in episode.

Still couldn't get rid of that feeling, that started on season 8 and returned throughout season 9 and bit in 10, that when Ryan visits crime scene with someone else (usually Walter) he just stands looking around while other one looks through stuff for evidence. I kinda couldn't shake it off that Ryan actually could've found important evidence himself and do stuff himself instead announcing he'll tell somebody to do that and that...
    I wonder if I'm seeing things or season 8 has really ruined it a bit...

9. greatfan

greatfan Captain

I think season 8 ruined it for you (or parts of it)
    I enjoyed Ryan a lot more in 9 and 10,especially episodes like "See No Evil".

In more than one episode,it's Ryan that makes an observation which really leads to a big break,like the lollipop in the episode with one of the Navarro's,or the makeup or tanning lotion on the ice in "Reality Kills"
    I think there just isn't the focus on the good that Ryan does (it's over looked)vs if he makes a mistake.If you think about it,I don't think the others have anything over Ryan at all.
    There may have been times when others have shifted through evidence when he didn't,but there are also plenty of times when he was right there too,as much as the others.
    Same here. I doubt that I will bond with any other fans of other shows like I have this one.
    Miami is one of a kind and there are no fans like Miami fans.

Last edited: May 23, 2012
  10. BlueDiamondStar

BlueDiamondStar Coroner

Well I remember those episodes. And will see them.

But still at times I notice that more.

Guess it did ruined it a bit.
    But I'll always be loyal Ryan fan knowing the actual character behind lame writing:)

Oh my! I think Miami fans are the best. At they're only ones I tried to communicate.
    Mostly because other shows I am fan of reached me too late along internet that came even longer.

And I'm actually so happy I've met you all. The Wolfe Pack is the best :luvlove:

(also i'm trying to connect any Mentalist fans but so far only one from NZ where they're probably even more behind me, or not)

11. Hardline Pro

Hardline Pro Lab Technician

I disagree. I thought there were some very well written episodes this season. Some that stood out to me:

"Countermeasures"
    "Blown Away"
    "Killer Regrets"
    "Long Gone"
    "Friendly Fire"
    "Rest in Pieces"
    "Habeas Corpse"

Those were all EXCELLENT episodes IMO. :)

12. greatfan

greatfan Captain

I did enjoy most of those episodes.
    Countermeasurses I didn't find great as far as Ryan,but
    "Blown Away" and "Habeas Corpse" made up for the lack in the premiere.
    BlueDiamondStar actually hasn't seen all the episodes from season 10 as of yet, and she is speaking of what she (and I agree) has seen as far as the way Ryan is sometimes written.

13. Theresa

Theresa Lab Technician

Ryan is such a wonderful character that needs to be developed further. Why couldn't some producer think outside the box and have Ryan reassigned to CSI:NY or Las Vegas, or even NCIS?

14. BlueDiamondStar

BlueDiamondStar Coroner

Oh that brilliant idea!
    It'd be so awesome if that happens!

Ryan is so fabulous character that it's very hard to let him in just that. I really really waited for more character background but guess it's not gonna happen:(

Yeah, for those who don't know yet, I'm currently at the beginning of season 10 (not sure of episode number) I think it's not yet half of season.
    So basically I've just heard or read about couple later episodes, finale included.

LOL I actually do have list of 'most wanted' episodes :D

15. greatfan

greatfan Captain

Hi everyone! I'm on vacation.
    Hope I can find a few episodes of Miami to watch at some point.