Ryan/Jon #31 - Takes a Lickin’ and Keeps on Tickin’

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by FieldMouse, Oct 24, 2011.

?

Thread name

Poll closed Oct 31, 2011.
  1. Ryan Wolfe, Man of Mystery

3 vote(s)
    15.0%
  2. Remedy for Togo Fever

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Hero of Our Hearts

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. The Miami Way

1 vote(s)
    5.0%
  5. A Smile Brighter Than Diamonds

1 vote(s)
    5.0%
  6. Takes a Lickin’ and Keeps on Tickin’

8 vote(s)
    40.0%
  7. Gators, Tornadoes & Bears: Oh My!

4 vote(s)
    20.0%
  8. The 3 T's: Togo, Tux & Towel

3 vote(s)
    15.0%
  1. Gooniegirl3333

Gooniegirl3333 Lab Technician

I'm not stopping with my campaign to get something...anything out of the network that can give us closure... I won't stop until I'm dead tired, lol.

2. BlueDiamondStar

BlueDiamondStar Coroner

Re: Ryan/Jon #31 - Takes a Lickin’ and Keeps on Tickin’

That's the right attitude :lol:

3. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

I havent seen the finale yet. Was it a decent ending (Ryan-wise anyway) ? I am tempted to email CBS and complain, and ask for at least a 2 hour episode to wrap it all up. But if it was an ok ending for our guy, then I will refrain!

4. BlueDiamondStar

BlueDiamondStar Coroner

Haven't seen either but from review can tell it wasn't the best ending I'd want for series finale (well there was quite decent amount of Ryan as far as I've heard). And there were some cute Ryan moments :lol:

Good idea btw. When I finally see it I might send CBS some feedback/request.

5. greatfan

greatfan Captain

The finale is never going to answer all the questions and storylines that fans want to see. Even with people now calling for even a 2 hour finale to give closure to the show won't do it, fans want so much I think it would be almost impossible to achieve . I have seen fans wanting info/closure on characters long gone and stories from long ago. There is no way we were going to see for instance,Suzy,Madison,Yelina etc., as well as seeing what fans wanted for the present day cast members in 2 hours.
    I think that is were the biggest complaints are coming from, the fact that fans didn't get what they wanted fot their favorite characters,both present and past.
    We were still left with many unanswered questions and unfinished stories.
    What we did see was the team realizing they were family and could depend on each other. Ryan was able to say that the team was his family(of course we didn't get to meet his family)Eric alaso was able to accept Ryan as family.Calleigh was happy with her new family and you could see Horatio viewing the team as his family,children as you will.The team was happy with each other,and it also included Frank and Tom.That is what (IMO) we were to take away from the episode,the team as a team.
    Would I mind a few more episodes,of course not. If there happen to be more episodes, I would like to see how and where our characters move on, the next chapter in their lives. I'm not interested in characters long gone,it would be a waste of time if there will be limted time. If we are somehow given a few hours for a "closure" episode", I wouldn't want it spent wasting time on the same characters and that same character storyline that had dragged on for several seasons. I would much rather things be left as it ended than to spend a few precious hours doing the same thing,why bother?
    If the writers can't come up with a good closure story for ALL of the characters,there is no real need to do another episode.
    I will admit,I was pleasantly surprised by the amt of Ryan in the finale,that was a big plus.
    The finale was long from perfect,but I doubt any finale would be for the fans.
    And yes,I do think Miami got the worst,rotten ass deal ever.

Last edited: May 17, 2012
  6. Gooniegirl3333

Gooniegirl3333 Lab Technician

But we at least deserve some kind of final send off... so does the cast. With shows like ER and LOST, not every storyline was answered, and some fans didn't like the endings, but the shows were given the final "hurrah" and that's what made the finales memorable.

We deserve a memorable goodbye.

7. greatfan

greatfan Captain

I agree we deserve a memorable send off ,I never said it wasn't deserved. I do think,and it may be a wrong thought that there are fans that won't settle even for a fantastic last "hurrah" because of some of what I mentioned before.
    What is a last "hurrah" for some might be a total waste of time or a slap in the face for others.
    As I said before,if it can't be done for all the characters,why bother and we know that has been a problem with the writters for several seasons.I do think that this would be the biggest stumbling block to the writters coming up with a really fantastic closing episode.
    Given Miami's history and iconic style, I think it should have gotten a much better send off.
    Unfortunately ,I absolutely don't think the writters or TPTB are up to the task of giving us a fantastic,last hurrah episode.

Last edited: May 17, 2012
  8. Theresa

Theresa Lab Technician

9. forza juve

forza juve Hit and Run

What is it with the sweater comment on his twitter page?

A two hour episode wouldn't do it for me either. But compared to what we got, it's something.

10. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

I see what you mean. It is impossible to please everyone. I also agree that they would probably make it more about Eric and Calleigh, and even though I wasnt a fan, I do think fans of that relationship deserve something for all their patience.
    I would kinda like a big finale where Horatio went out in a blaze of glory. (bit morbid I know :))

I think the sweater vest comment is funny. He really seems to hate those things :lol:

11. greatfan

greatfan Captain

I think we all deserve something for our patience so I have a problem with one group being or thinking they are more deserving ober the other. I would be very upset to have a finale that put all the focus on two characters at the exclusion of others . I have seen some remarks that think that is okay and should in fact be the case.
    I think David wanted Horatio to kind of go out in a blaze of glory too.

Ryan wore sweater vest a lot in the earlier seasons. Jon was not a fan of the sweater vest and had no problems letting people know he didn't like them.
    The comment was funny to me too .

12. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I love the sweater vest comment. I love Jon for saying it too cause I too hated those things lol. I'm hoping another station will pick Miami up, but if they don't, I hope we see more of Jon somewhere on tv.

13. greatfan

greatfan Captain

This is a pic Emily Procter posted on twitter of Jon on May 17th( I considered it my birthday pic).He is sitting on a bench that she refinished in her back yard.
    I'm sure they discussed the cancellation of the show.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 20, 2012
  14. BlueDiamondStar

BlueDiamondStar Coroner

Aww so cute. Thanks GF!

I wouldn't doubt they were discussing Miami cancellation.

15. Theresa

Theresa Lab Technician

I posted this link on May 18 but nobody paid attention. I am glad Jon and Emily got together. Shows they are truely friends on and off the job. Jon looks great!