Ryan/Jon #31 - Takes a Lickin’ and Keeps on Tickin’

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by FieldMouse, Oct 24, 2011.

?

Thread name

Poll closed Oct 31, 2011.
  1. Ryan Wolfe, Man of Mystery

3 vote(s)
    15.0%
  2. Remedy for Togo Fever

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Hero of Our Hearts

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. The Miami Way

1 vote(s)
    5.0%
  5. A Smile Brighter Than Diamonds

1 vote(s)
    5.0%
  6. Takes a Lickin’ and Keeps on Tickin’

8 vote(s)
    40.0%
  7. Gators, Tornadoes & Bears: Oh My!

4 vote(s)
    20.0%
  8. The 3 T's: Togo, Tux & Towel

3 vote(s)
    15.0%
  1. Gooniegirl3333

Gooniegirl3333 Lab Technician

I felt that he was saying "sorry" because he regretted ever trusting her... it was more like an apology to himself for being duped. (I literally called that line before he even said it, lol)

True, Ryan shouldn't have been allowed to help with the crime scene, however he does specifically state someone granted him clearance to help out (I'll have to watch again to make absolutely sure... which is something I know I'll be doing all summer and then some, haha!)

2. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Re: Ryan/Jon #31 - Takes a Lickin’ and Keeps on Tickin’

Yeah, I agree with that too.

Yeah, I know he said someone gave him clearance, but even still IRL they would have said, "you're free to work again, but not on this case" or something to that effect.

3. greatfan

greatfan Captain

What would he have been doing then after he was cleared,nothing.He would have had nothing to do until the closing scene.I really don't care that he was allowed to work the case,that made the episode more Ryan centric,and as I say it was about time. As I said in the other thread,there has been at least one instance(probably more if we think about it) where a CSI shouldn't have worked a case,granted the CSI wasn't a suspect,but in reality he wouldn't have been allowed to work it. I don't recall too much said about it,but it was excused .
    No one has said much about how totally unrealistic that adoption scene was only that Ryan shouldn't have been allowed to work the case.

4. GregNickRyanFan

I know they had him working the scene so he could still be there on screen. I'm glad he had so much screen time. I have no objections at all to his amount of screentime. I'm a Ryan fan. He's my favorite character on Miami. Personally, I would have found another way to have him on screen the same amount (if not more lol) than to have him go back to that house. All I'm saying is that the writers are inconsistant. One week its okay for someone to be on a scene if there's a conflict of interest and the next week it's not okay. That's all. Nothing bad meant against Ryan at all. The comment had NOTHING to do with Ryan personally. He just happened to be the one the writers wrote into that position.

As for the adoption scene, I didn't say much about it because I was afraid it would upset people. I didn't think my comment about someone working the case where there was a conflict of interest would upset anyone especially when everyone knows Ryan is my favorite. For the record, it would have bothered me no matter who the character was. It has nothing to do with the character at all. And just because I may not mention it on another episode doesn't mean it doesn't bother me, it just means that I forgot about it. Obviously its harder to forget Ryan scenes (because of the fact that he's my favorite) lol.

To conclude: I love Ryan, always have and always will. I would never say anything bad about him. If he did something I didn't like, I would blame the writers, not him.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2012
  5. greatfan

greatfan Captain

No problem really. I know Ryan is your favorite.I'm probably just in a crappy mood.

6. GregNickRyanFan

It's okay. I think I'm just having a hard time expressing my thoughts. This pain med I'm on seems to be affecting my clarity. But its my own damn fault that I got hurt anyway lol. Saturday my dogs got in a fight and I got too close and one of them accidentally got me instead. My leg is messed up pretty bad. I think it didn't help that I forced myself to go out of town Sunday either.

Anyway, I hope we get another season. Its because of the uncertainty of the show's future that the writers had to put so much into this one episode (with Ryan's/Sam's storyline and Cal's storyline). I wish CBS had at least allowed them to make this episode 90 minutes instead of 60.

7. greatfan

greatfan Captain

I would have loved a 90 minute episode. Of course it couldn't have aired Sunday because it was already 52 minutes late.
    I was actually surprised that there was so much Ryan. I felt it was well worth staying up late Sunday and going to work Monday tired.
    The episode apparently will re-air Saturday night. I plan to watch again.

For the record, I've been dieting for a month and really miss my chocolate and chips.
    I know that's why I've been in a horrible mood.

8. GregNickRyanFan

It's coming on again? Cool. I may retape it then. I tape it for my dad cause he doesn't get CBS where he lives (he doesn't have satellite or anything either). That way he won't have to fast forward through Good Wife to get to it.

Oh, I forgot to mention, I liked Ryan showing emotion in the episode. He must have liked Sam way more than just a little crush because he was totally crushed that she did what she did. I don't think the fact that she killed Josh bothered him near as much as the fact that she just left him there and allowed him to take the fall for it. Even if she was scared after killing Josh, she could have spoken up when Ryan was suspected of doing it.

And Ryan in the last scene being worried he'd be alone all his life ... heartbreaking. I wanted to hug him (not that I don't always want to hug him lol).

Oh, I know what you mean about the chocolate. The lack of chocolate is as bad as lack of coffee as far as I'm concerned. I love both and if I don't get my coffee I'm in a bad mood all day, same goes for chocolate if I'm craving it.

Speaking of foods and drinks, what was everyone drinking in that last scene of Miami? Someone had some kind of blue drink. Anyone know what that was?

Last edited: Apr 11, 2012
  9. greatfan

greatfan Captain

I think Ryan liked Sam a lot more than we all thought.
    He seemed to feel and look devastated and betrayed all at the same time.
    I agree that the fact that Sam let him take the fall hit him hard.
    I think we all felt like hugginh Ryan.
    If there is an 11th season ( which would really probably be the last) that Ryan's loneliness is addressed and he really finds someone that makes him happy.
    Tom sure is lucky,LOL.
    I don't know what that blue drink was(which is what Ryan was drinking)but it looks like something I would like to try.
    Thank God I still have my coffee. I don't want to think of how unpleasant I would be without choclate and coffee.

10. GregNickRyanFan

I thought it was Ryan who was drinking the blue drink, but I wasn't sure. I'm not big on alcoholic drinks, but if it was a flavor I thought I might like, I might try a sip of it if someone else had some LOL. I'm not gonna go out and buy any myself cause chances are I wouldn't like it lol.

I loved Ryan kissing Frank on the head. That was cute. And him calling Eric "bubba" was cute too. And the playful banter with Natalia. I also liked him thanking Walter for having his back and saying "good looking out".

11. greatfan

greatfan Captain

I'm not a big drinker either but I would prpobably try it.

I thought the kiss on the head was cute.
    The whole scene was cute.
    I always like Ryan and Walter scenes and interactions.

12. GregNickRyanFan

Me too. I do sometimes still miss the addition of Jesse too though.

13. Gooniegirl3333

Gooniegirl3333 Lab Technician

I assumed Ryan was going at something heavy on vodka (which has spawned a few fanfic ideas if I may say) while everyone just grabbed a beer.

Walter telling Ryan he should "give a brother a call for backup" next time had me in stitches!

Come on, season 11. Don't be shy! Just announce yourself already, =).

14. BlueDiamondStar

BlueDiamondStar Coroner

oohh thankies for info.

oh my you do realise now that I just melted? :lol: Imagining Ryan kissing Frank on his head, calling Eric what he called and being overall pretty much on screen...
    Ahh I'm melting, fainting, drooling whatever else.

i don't care that he shouldn't be working on case, it doesn't matter! whatever to have more Ryan :lol:

yumm! blue drink! love blue drinks. we had a cocktail in bright blue colour at store, and i just love it. nothing else than a lemonade to me but at least tastes good.

yumm! someone mentioned chocolate?
    i literally chopped off a whole bar in like minute. total chocolate starve.
    guess today I'll have to survive without it :borg:

OMG now i shall replace Patrick Jane with Ryan that needs hug for my next dream. although i somehow always end up with blonde curly head before waking up. shouldn't look at Simon's pics before sleep :D

anyways, heading off to read episode review because i only now noticed it :lol:

15. Theresa

Theresa Lab Technician

Actually the term he used "bubbala", which is a term of endearment in Yiddish.