Ryan/Jon #31 - Takes a Lickin’ and Keeps on Tickin’

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by FieldMouse, Oct 24, 2011.

?

Thread name

Poll closed Oct 31, 2011.
  1. Ryan Wolfe, Man of Mystery

3 vote(s)
    15.0%
  2. Remedy for Togo Fever

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Hero of Our Hearts

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. The Miami Way

1 vote(s)
    5.0%
  5. A Smile Brighter Than Diamonds

1 vote(s)
    5.0%
  6. Takes a Lickin’ and Keeps on Tickin’

8 vote(s)
    40.0%
  7. Gators, Tornadoes & Bears: Oh My!

4 vote(s)
    20.0%
  8. The 3 T's: Togo, Tux & Towel

3 vote(s)
    15.0%
  1. Theresa

Theresa Lab Technician

The finale could be delayed again. The Masters is on late in the afternoon. BTW, they have revamped the IdenticaltheMovie website, and they couldn't have chosen more ugly photos of Jon. I guess he is in character; however, they are definitely the most unflattering photos I have ever seen of him. Hope these aren't on the cover of the DVD because nobody will buy it!

2. BlueDiamondStar

BlueDiamondStar Coroner

Re: Ryan/Jon #31 - Takes a Lickin’ and Keeps on Tickin’

Theresa, just visited website. I don't like either. But to me it almost looks like theatrical poster something rather than DVD cover. However, I hope it's not for DVD. Looks scary. Maybe my screen is too bad to judge, but not the worst set I've seen. Despite the poster I'd buy anyways. I really don't care what's on cover (or poster if at cinema) all I care for is the fact that Jon's there. I think those who knows the deal wouldn't even care for cover picture.
    But that's just me.

3. jimihendrix

jimihendrix Rookie

Re: Ryan/Jon #31

That is a nice picture of the cast. David must not have been able to be there that night. I look at it, and they look like stars in a Pop Band. I am happy they are giving back to folks with cancer. My assistant just recently passed away from cancer.

As Horatio says in a one liner, "It's a killer"!

4. greatfan

greatfan Captain

The sneek peek of Sunday's finale looks good. Head over to the spoiler thread if you want to take a peek,it's over two minutes long!

5. jimihendrix

jimihendrix Rookie

I saw the previews on TV. Nothing against spoilers, but to me, it ruins it for me if I what is going to happen before any show comes on. I like to be surpirsed. It's just a part of escaping Reality and watching Fiction Shows, but that's just me.

Today's TV has way too many reality shows on, and I have gotten sick hearing and watching shows about the Kate Gosslin's of the world. Who cares about her?:confused:

Peace

6. Theresa

Theresa Lab Technician

Oh my, Jon was so good in tonight's episode! He pulled off an awesome performance! Why can't he have this much screentime all the time!

7. luf100

luf100 Coroner

I think it's amazing how well Jon uses his eyes while acting. I wonder if he even realizes he does it. The scene at the end where he was at Sam's bedside, those eyes. You could tell Ryan was hurt by her but also mad at her and he didn't even need to say anything to get that across. Plus I was sure Ryan was going to start crying at some points. Slightly disappointed he didn't. :p

If this ends up being the series finale, I'm happy that it was focused so much on Ryan, haha. But also good for the writers (for once) for having the team be there for him right away. There were no doubts and even Tom's little "maybe Wolfe wiped it down" was a slip of the tongue, and he felt really bad right after he said it. Plus Walter was right to Ryan's defense when he heard that. No bad comments from Eric and I'm pretty sure Natalia called it BS or something. I was so happy with that.

Not to mention that they figured out Ryan was innocent pretty quickly, so it wasn't like the whole episode was just Ryan in trouble like so many other times.

So yea, I liked it. I thought it was a great finale and a good series finale if it does end up being the end. I mean with the time they had to make a proper enough ending just in case, I think they did a good job.

If the show does get cancelled let's all hope we see Jon in another show or, even better, movies soon. :D

Last edited: Apr 9, 2012
  8. greatfan

greatfan Captain

I agree 100% luff and Theresa. Jon was indeed wonderful. The finale was an episode that did not disappoint unlike other supposedly Ryan episodes. Jon stated that Ryan figured heavily in the finale and he was right.
    I too liked that Ryan was found innocent quickly and right back to business.
    I agree that Jon conveys so much with his eyes,without the need to say a word
    There are others complaing about the finale but I like the team/family angle the finale stressed.

9. Ninja0980

Ninja0980 Police Officer

I also enjoyed the fact Ryan was cleared pretty quickly so they could get down to the business of finding out who the real killer was. Felt so bad for Ryan that it turned out to be Sam.
    Jon Togo did a great job acting with his eyes and the emotions he showed throught this episode were amazing,especially the end when he confronted Sam with what she had done.

10. Gooniegirl3333

Gooniegirl3333 Lab Technician

^^ Agree with all of you wonderful people! Gah, this episode tugged so much at my heart strings. Jon's evaluations the entire time (what he's thinking when he's not speaking <--- blame the acting classes, lol) were spot on! This man has inspired me so much since I started watching in season 7, and last night was no different... if anything, it was just more of why I love this man's talent.

luf100, I was right there with you being amazed at how he DIDN'T cry. His eyes glossed over so much during the hospital scene. I ended up crying a little for him.

I'm not sure how well I'll take it if tptb announce its cancellation. But if anything, it was a great ending for the Wolfe Pack! =).

Jon, if you should ever read this thread: bravo, man... BRAVO.

(Alright, back to work, lol)

11. Alessia

Alessia Dead on Arrival

Let me say this...Goodbye Samantha!!!!!!!!!!!!! finally.
    Than, I'm completely agree with all of u... Jon is such amazing. But I would preferred not to see so much emotions for Sam in the hospital scene. She doesn't deserve Ryan's feeling. He's to much for her. ;) about the final scene I just could say that my first thought was "Ryan you're not alone I'm here!" lol I felt a little bit stupid.:lol:
    So Good job Jon!!!

12. greatfan

greatfan Captain

I so agree with you all.
    I am however amazed that people think it was too Ryan centric when other characters have had their run at quite a few character centic episodes as well as finales and it never seemed to be too much for those viewers. It's about time Ryan had a good finale,why shouldn't he?
    Jon was so abolutely perfect.
    Yes there were some lose ends not tied up but making the episode centric for another character or tying up that storyline(you know which one) that has dragged on for far too long( and still has no closure anyway) wouldn't have tied up those loose ends,like the Narvarro storyline for instance.
    This finale has been one of my favorites,if not favorite episode of the season and I'm sure I'll watch it many times.

13. BlueDiamondStar

BlueDiamondStar Coroner

OMG sounds like AWESOMEST episode!!!!

so wanna watch it! but i know i will cry so not watching at library LOL.
    well maybe only if i had my own pc and I'll be hidden in the darkest corner of Music&Art floor (there's darkened lighting).

i'm glad the team, for a change, wasn't accusing Ryan like they usually do. nice change.

i still have no idea what's with Sam and dunno half of what you were talking about but i can understand Ryan feeling hurt. i don't think he's getting much love in his life so maybe he just fell for her with all his heart. and it hurt in the end (whatever that girl did/said to him).

well only i didn't get what exactly happened with Ryan in the episode. did somebody knocked him out or smth?

if someone can tell me what happened in the episode, overall. i want to get as much spoilers as i can get before watching LOL because i dunno if I'll get to watch it before season returns to tv here (which probably will be fall, and particular episode most likely before x-mas or next year).

i can agree about Jon's talent. his eyes says all. and i hope to see him more (tv show rather than movie since movies tend to skip my country)

14. Alessia

Alessia Dead on Arrival

If u want a very detailed spoiler there is the thread "rewie csi Miami habeas corpse" if u want know generally what's happened with Sam that's it:
    Ryan goes to Josh to make him confess and redeem the reputation of Sam, but the two start a fight and Josh puts Ryan ko. When Sam arrives found Ryan on the floor, she has a confront with Josh and she kills him with a bottle, then she runs away scared and let Ryan to be accused. Fortunately we discover quickly that Ryan isn't guilty and he starts working on the case. in the famous scene in the hospital Sam says to Ryan that she is sorry for her behavior and apologizes to him, Ryan was very hurt about but he apologizes too (do not ask me why. I really don't understand. :shifty:) ...

15. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Ryan said "I'm sorry too" to Sam because he had to arrest her or have her arrested. I think he said the same to Tara when he discovered she was stealing pills again and he had to turn her in.

I liked the episode aside from a couple of things. 1) They didn't make it clear why Sam took the drugs out of lockup or whatever (they said it was before she came to work on H's team) so we were left wondering if Josh asked her to or if Vogel did or what and 2) Even after Ryan was cleared, he shouldn't have been allowed to work the scene considering that he was there at the time of the murder.