"Family Affair" Tenth Season Premiere Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Sep 18, 2009.

1. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Catherine was not being self-centered in that scene. So she didn't congratulate Sara on her being married. Did you ever think that they team already knew about the marriage and the congratulations already happened? This scene was about Catherine, NOT Sara. Catherine was just trying to figure out what Sara meant by the baseball analogy and not that she was ignoring Sara. Catherine was upset at the exit interview and had every right to be and Sara saw that she was upset and tried to make her feel better. Again, Catherine was in no way being self-centered.

2. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

Yeah I am pretty sure they already knew they were married and probably said congratulations to them when they first found out. Greg already knew she was married when Sara and him talked. He did not say congratulations either. I am pretty sure all that was done over the summer. My question could be, why didn't Sara invite them to the wedding? Ever think about that? We do not know any of that stuff.

And Catherine was not self-centered in that scene. I think she was really taking what Sara was saying to her as advice.

3. nicksarafan2

nicksarafan2 Pathologist

Its been a while since I have posted for this show, so hi all :)

I really liked the Premier, it was great, I thought the scene with Nick and the spider was cute, and everyone seemed very light, not as heavy as usual, and Sara being back was nice :)

4. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

I agree they probably did know about it, but it didn't show that on this premiere, I was talking about that particular scene, and maybe they kept the marriage a secret, and that's why they didn't invite them. Hopefully we'll have more clarity later.. She still could have said "so tell me the details of your wedding" I would ask a former co-worker/friend those questions. I know she's bogged down with many issues, and maybe she was interested. She just looked like she had other things on her mind, and wasn't paying much attention to what Sara was saying. I just viewed this differently than others did.

5. Coco Chanel

Coco Chanel Rookie

Regardless, I think the scene in question was a great presentation of bonding between Catherine and Sara, Sara seemed genuinely helpful towards Cath and Cath seemed genuinely appreciative towards her efforts.
    It's been made clear that the two characters don't see eye to eye, but Marg and Jorja have stated countless times that they've been trying to change that so maybe TPTB finally gave them their way and Sara and Cath are gonna start a new leaf.
    I also think that Catherine was too concerned about the ramifications of her exit review to mention Sara's wedding. You could tell it was kinda weird for her, like it was all just sinking in maybe?

While we're on the topic I don't think that Sara ever really had a problem with Catherine or vice versa, I think that Sara just has a problem with authority and people telling her what to do and putting limits on her actions, and Catherine was countlessly put in that position. They're both just empowering women :D

I'm sure the team's discussion will head along the path of their wedding sometime this season, but there were alot of storylines in this premiere, they had to finish them all. Well.

6. Dizzney

Did you ever think that maybe they already had a discussion over a phone call about the wedding? Maybe she heard all about it from Grissom. That was how I took it. I mean Greg did not ask all about the wedding, neither did anyone else. I assume they all already heard about it.

7. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Exactly! Just because it was not shown in the premiere does not mean that this conversation has not happened. See being a GSR fan you just wanted to hear about the wedding, that is NOT what that scene nor the show was about. It was just to let everyone know the status of GSR, that's it.

Yes, Catherine had a lot on her mind and she WAS paying attention to Sara, she just wasn't understanding the baseball analogy. Do I think they kept the marriage a secret, no. I think they didn't want to invite anyone to the wedding. Sara was anti-wedding, so I don't see the, inviting anyone. They kept their relationship to themselves, so they wouldn't let anyone share in their wedding either. They would not have invited any of the team as that's just not them. However, I could see Grissom talking to Catherine and mentioning that they got married.

8. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

I think the writers were walking a fine line. They wanted the GSR to come full circle without it ticking off the nonGSR fans. I think just by mentioning she was married but not showing it was the balance they concluded was the way to go. The conversation with Catherine was perfect. It gave the GSR fans a little insight into the married world of Sara and Grissom but in a way that related to what was going on with the team.

9. Desertwind

Uh, speedystokes please don't speak for me or assume what I meant, I don't have to defend my theories to you thank you.:rolleyes: I have the right to post my views as you do, and that's not it, to reiterate, I felt Cath was removed and distracted and wasn't paying much attention, fans view scenes in a different way, I hope Cath is renewed and helpful in the next show and her and the rest of the team work well in the up-coming episodes~

10. Coco Chanel

Coco Chanel Rookie

Okay, this is crazy. First of all can we stop reading more into the situation that's needed? I get that you probably don't ship GSR by the sound of your post, but a little respect. Just because we ship GSR doesn't mean that we have no respect for the show and only want GSR related conversation every episode. I guess we're just wanting a timeline. It's a legitimate question to be asked in a forum, discussed, then move on.
    This is for opinions not a battle of whose question is right or wrong.

And I was under the impression that Catherine did understand the baseball analogy, she was simply pointing our that Sara was using a baseball analogy, which was extremely OoC for her, which sparked the GSR comment. She understood what Sara was getting at, she was just pointing out the irony.
    That's what I picked up at least. sorrry. :p

But I loved the mood that Sara ignited in every room she was in, Like she had Catherine smiling at the end of what started out as a melancholy concern, and when her and Nick were in the coroners office with the stink of the wood chipped body, they both ended up giggling. It definitely gives the show the same feel that was there in seasons 1-3 when the show was first starting, and I appreciated that about this episode. :)

11. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

You're new to this board, so I pretty much know they want the details of the wedding because they are GSR fans. I've been reading and following a lot of their posts. Most (not all) want the wedding, the baby, happy ever after. So, no, I don't think I'm wrong that she or other GSR fans wanted the details of the wedding. Desertwind, wanted Catherine to ask Sara about the wedding and details, so no I'm not wrong in that she wanted to know about the wedding and nothing else. And yes, I believe you respect the show, but I also know that most GSR fans want nothing more than GSR.

Some of us are tired of it and for it being mentioned in nearly every episode. After Grissom left we hoped for a reprieve, alas, that was not to happen. So now we have to go through, yet another season with GSR :rolleyes:. Sorry, if you find it disrespectful, but respect the fact there are A LOT of us that are tired of it, don't want it mentioned anymore, thinks it ruined the show, and feel it's time for the other characters to shine. Grissom and Sara left by choice, so let them go. Don't get me wrong, I miss Grissom too, but he left, so I think we need to move on. People are not going to get used to or accept the new team if they keep bring back characters that have CHOSEN to leave.

Basically, what I'm trying to say is, they're married, now let's move on! CSI is a show about forensics and the team, not GSR.

12. Desertwind

Once again, I was speaking of that 'SCENE' not the whole ep. I loved the graphics/visuals the story the dead girl and who did it, and why. And the camraderie with Langston and Nick, Greg and Doc, and Brass, not just GSR, that's your take, please don't speak for other fans when you're wrong. I think the moderators have stated many times if you don't agree with another's comments move on, and don't belittle and ridicule others, it's not appreciated. And on telling someone just because their new on this board doesn't mean they don't know the in's and outs of CSI. And they don't have opinions and views of their own. They do~ I loved the spider part with Stevie, and was fascinated by Nick's now enjoying this, beings he was terrified of creepy crawlers from his traumatic scene in "Grave Danger" boy has he moved on. :thumbsup:

Last edited: Sep 28, 2009
  13. Coco Chanel

Coco Chanel Rookie

I love this part too, and I agree with you.
    I think that this is Nicks way of not being afraid. He's kind of getting to know what freaks him out to eliminate the fear, I'm so proud of him :)
    Plus Stevie is an awesome name. However didn't they lose him at the end of the episode, and found Grissom's old one?

14. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Spirited discussion, yes. Arguments and disrespect (on all sides), no. Let's all calm down now and stop before it goes too far.

And don't forget there is a ship debate thread if you can't help yourself. ;)

Thank you!! :)

The one they found at the end was Stevie, Grissom's old spider that had been missing.

15. Dizzney

I just looked this up about spiders because I did not think they could live that long...I was wrong!
    From website www.amazingtarantulas.com

Yikes! :(