CSI: New York is cancelled.

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Nightfoxxy, May 10, 2013.

1. Ninja0980

Ninja0980 Police Officer

Nine years is nothing to sneeze at and as others have pointed out,better to end on a high note.
    It's painful,but not as painful as watching a show that has nothing left sputter towards its end.
    JAG,Law & Order SVU and Without a Trace are my three examples of this. Jag's last season was ugh,Law & Order SVU jumped the shark like CSI Miami did and has never looked back and Without A Trace...YUCK is all I can say.
    It's painful but I can look back at nine amazing years of CSI NY and realize that for the most part,it had solid episodes and solid acting to give us an amazing show to watch on DVD and tv.

2. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

I don't see why another network/producer/director/writer etc., would have a problem with this. Lots of actors have extracurricular activities that are important to them. I don't think they would use that as an excuse not to give someone a role in a movie, play or TV series.

3. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

*Nod* Even in the past, actors would do what was called 'Summerstock', going to the East coast or other cities to do plays when their TV series weren't filming...IDK if anyone still does Summerstock or not, but they never had problems, usually. The only thing some directors and producers won't allow is appearances on other TV series, or appearances on series that are a, on competing networks or b, on in the same slot as their primary series.

4. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Has anybody seen a quote from the network about the cancellation? I haven't seen one, and I was curious. When Miami was cancelled, the network made a statement, so I was hoping they might do the same for NY...

5. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

I haven't but they were announcing everything on their fall schedule tomorrow so...

EDIT: I expect it to be a lame excuse.

6. CRM

CRM Prime Suspect

When they cancelled CSI: Miami, their lame excuse was to have some crappy string of New York-themed shows for the majority of the CBS program, or something like that. I'd like to know their excuse for cancelling CSI: NY now.

I can understand if Hill Harper's contract had to do with him leaving CSI: NY for Covert Affairs. I believe that he made a smart choice by moving on, especially from a show that was on the verge of being cancelled, in more that one seasons. As for Eva LaRue supposedly having some new TV show around the time of Miami's season/series finale, it came as a surprise that that spinoff got the ax instead of New York. I'm not sure if LaRue made a smart move to sign for a show before any determination of CSI: Miami was to be made whether it would cancel instead of NY or not. I don't believe that one single cast member, even a core cast member of a show, appearing on other shows can determine the fate of a show that cast member is mainly on. It just seems absurd.

As for Cold Case, I hated the series finale. Too rushed, and it was one of many good shows on CBS that got the ax all in the same year.

Last edited: May 15, 2013
  7. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

So if today is the upfronts,how do we know it's gone for sure? Did CBS make an earlier announcenent that was put in that article?

8. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

I checked the spoiler.tv site where you can check the fall schedule and NY isn't on there. 5-0 is taking the 9pm Friday slot.

http://www.spoilertv.com/2013/05/the-spoilertv-primetime-201314-full-and.html

EDIT: It did seem like this year, a lot of shows got the ax but when you look at the schedule, CBS didn't have that many shows being cancelled.

9. Speedslady

Speedslady Police Officer

I just saw the fall line-up for CBS and not exactly sure why they cancelled CSI:NY. I am so not seeing anything worth watching. The only show I will continue to watch is Blue Bloods. I personally think that they shot themselves in the foot with this.

Now NBC seems like they may have some nice dramas with Chicago PD, Ironside and maybe Blacklist might be worth to watch.

10. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

I hope they explain it but I kinda think they will say something about the pay for the cast of CM and they couldn't pay NY cast as well.

11. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

I haven't seen any quotes, but I may have missed something. It's not so much that I want to hear their reasoning (the show was older and probably more expensive than a newer series, and it didn't pull in the viewership CBS was looking for - it's disappointing, but I get it). I was just hoping they'd have something to say about it. At least when they cancelled Miami, they released a statement acknowledging the age and popularity of the show, but NY is always treated like an afterthought. I know it was the second spinoff in a franchise, but it was still a popular show that lasted nine seasons (only one less than Miami) and had a decent-sized core fanbase tuning in every week. It would be nice if they'd acknowledge the show and the fact that it has ended after so long. Even if the actors/crew (and fans) knew it was coming, it's still the end of something big. Instead, it feels like 'well, we acknowledged that the franchise is dying when we cancelled Miami, so NY wasn't worth mentioning.' :(

12. Speedslady

I really haven't watched CM the show has kinda (in my opinion) went to that creepy place and gives me the hibby-jibbies. I would have perferred CSI: NY over CM.

Guess I'll have to find something new fall in love all over then have my heart broke when that show gets cancelled. Why do I torture myself so?? :wtf:

13. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

I hope we do get a reason why it was canceled but I don't think we will.

I always thought this show got the shaft. I'm not sure how many photos were posted when Miami was in production but when Vegas and NY had photos produced, it was like Vegas had tons more. It was almost like the cast/crew were told not to post too many pictures or something. One time I remember Vegas had 21 pics but NY had 7.

14. Speedslady

Yup that has always been my complaint. Its not like they weren't good story lines because there were. I think I only disliked a couple of storylines (I think they were in either 4 or 5). And only got upset when they had a golden opportunity to really expand on Adam Ross. 1. The episode Green Peace they just brushed off the fact that Adam nearly got blown to tiny pieces. 2. The start of S4 when he was late for work and Lindsay had to call him, thought they were going somewhere with that as him acting out because of Snow Day.

But other than that I adored all of it and enjoy watching my dvds. I know the show ended on a high note, but my gut tells me that they had one season left. But guess that is how it goes. *sigh*

15. Hardline Pro

Hardline Pro Lab Technician

I made this video to bid farewell to one of my favorite TV shows of all time, thanks for a WONDERFUL 10 years! Best of luck to the cast and crew of CSI: NY, we'll miss you. Link.