Tassler: It Was A Tough Choice

Discussion in 'CSI Files News Items' started by CSI Files, May 16, 2012.

1. CSI Files

CSI Files Captain

CBS Entertainment President Nina Tassler explained the decision to cancel CSI: Miami at the CBS upfronts on Wednesday morning. The network had to choose between Miami and fellow spinoff CSI: New York, and Tassler said budgets and ratings were not the deciding factor. “They were very close, looking at them forensically, they were very close,” [...]

More...

2. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Nina Tassler always gives dumbass, untrue reasons for decisions made by the network. I still don't believe the BS she spouted out about dropping JJ from CM because of the spin-off (which tanked by the way). And I definitely don't believe this garbage about a NY block being the reason for Miami to be canceled. I saw a preview of Jersey and it looks boring as hell... and I have no clue who the lead actress is. I don't expect it to last. And I think a 7pm (central) timeslot for NY is an odd choice.

Not to mention canceling Miami for this purpose makes no sense anyway. You could have put Miami in Unforgettable's time slot. Just grow some guts and admit that you canceled Miami because its more expensive to make than NY. Spouting off these idiotic reasons is pointless because nobody believes you!

3. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

I'm with you there, GNRF--why does this woman still have a job with CBS? :rolleyes:

4. Bellemaria

Bellemaria Prime Suspect

I'm with you, guys, too.
    I simply don't get that. We're all adults and we undersand TV is nothing but business. If show makes less money then before it'll be axed. That's the fact. So why give us such a lame excuses instead of admit the obvious? We've known yet you're greedy bastards:evil:

5. bookworm

bookworm Victim

Made in Jersey stars Janet Montgomery, a British actress---imagine now she can sound like she's from Jersey. We saw her up here in Canada in a series called, Human Target...not too impressive. She also had an appearance on the BBC show - Merlin.

6. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

Wasn't Human Target a FOX show? A FOX show that they totally screwed over, I might add. Kept changing the day and time, so no fans could keep up with it, or gain new fans. I believe it managed to stay on at least 2 or 3 seasons. No offense to Ms. Montgomery, but I don't think her show will make it past Wintertime.

7. bookworm

bookworm Victim

Thanks Mulder42. Human Target obviously didn't resonate with the masses up here. I tend to agree with you, don't think it'll finish the season.

8. bookworm

bookworm Victim

Made in Jersey won't finish the season.

9. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

Maybe. But, I will check it out.
    I like legal dramas and I like shows with female protagonists. I didn't like 'Human Target' or 'Gifted Man'.
    It's difficult to know what will resonate with TV viewers. Some of my favorite shows had low ratings and I was sad when they were cancelled.
    At least CSI:Miami had a long run and can be viewed in syndication for many years to come.

Last edited: May 21, 2012