Season 9 *Spoiler Lab* Discussions P3

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Jan 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

The discussion thread for (#910) "One To Go" is now up all discussion for this ep should be taken/done in that thread, as this is for future episodes. :) Thank you.

2. teri

teri Victim

Thanks for the link, but when i went there i didn't see the clip....how do you get to it.. thanks

3. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

You click the link and it'll take you to the clip.

4. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

Just saw this on Yahoo News.

Taylor Swift to guest star on CBS drama 'CSI'

LOS ANGELES – CBS says pop star Taylor Swift will appear on an episode of "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation."

Swift will play a teenage girl whose family manages a seedy Las Vegas motel and who undergoes personal changes that have tragic consequences. CBS didn't announce the air date for the "CSI" episode.

The 19-year-old country crossover singer was 2008's best-selling artist, with more than 4 million albums sold. Her sophomore effort, "Fearless," debuted at No. 1 and includes the hit single "Love Story."

"CSI," which airs 9 p.m. EST Thursday, says goodbye this week to star William Petersen. Laurence Fishburne has joined the series as a new forensics investigator.

Sounds like it might be "Turn, Turn, Turn" she is going to be in by the description.

5. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Here's a little more, kind of the same, but a character name and such:

6. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Isn't this one of the episodes where a CSI gets emotionally involved?

7. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Looks like Nick will be the one who gets emotionally involved.

Here's more on Taylor Swift's appearance.

Country singer Taylor Swift will have her first acting role on CBS' "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation," the show announced Monday.

"She's playing a troubled teenager, the daughter of a couple who run a very seedy Vegas hotel," said executive producer Naren Shankar. "It's a case that goes through the eyes of Nick Stokes over the period of a year with tragic consequences."

Stokes is played by George Eads. The episode, the show's 198th, is being filmed.

Shankar also announced that Oscar-winner William Friedkin ("The French Connection") will direct the show's 200th episode. "It's going to be set in the exotic world of Mexican wrestling," Shankar said.

8. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Mexican wrestling? :rolleyes::wtf:

9. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

How is CSI recovering from the loss of William Petersen's Gil Grissom? By giving country star Taylor Swift her acting debut, freeing new star Laurence Fishburne to find out more about his role, and promising Petersen's return as a guest.

Grissom's last episode — for a while at least — airs Thursday at 9 pm/ET on CBS. Then the ensemble drama will turn to Fishburne's brand-new CSI, Dr. Raymond Langston, as he learns to investigate — and Fishburne learns who his character is.

"We don't know what the character is going to be," Fishburne told TVGuide.com. "The wonderful thing about this whole television thing is that we're all discovering it, we're trying to create it from episode to episode to episode."

One thing Fishburne's character won't be is a man with a syndrome previously considered common among serial killers. Initially, there had been talk that Dr. Langston would be ailing with the disorder, but the idea was later abandoned because the science that inspired it was outdated, executive producer Naren Shankar told TVGuide.com.

"Very early research on the character had indicated that there was a syndrome that was sort of more prevalent in serial killers," Shankar said. "That turned out not to be the case."

In addtion to Fishburne's new character, Swift will appear later this season as a troubled teenager whose parents own a motel. The episode will start in the present, then revisit the last year, season by season, Shankar said. The singer can expect plenty of dramatic moments, he promised. (The country ingénue also got to say a few lines on the latest Saturday Night Live, playing Little Orphan Annie.)

CSI will also benefit from the arrival of another star — albeit behind the scenes. During a set visit, show insiders revealed that The Exorcist helmer William Friedkin will direct the show's 200th episode — and the first in a long time to be shot in Las Vegas.

"Billy [Friedkin] said he would be back to make sure I didn't burn the joint down," Fishburne joked.

Friedkin's episode is likely to see Petersen on set, Shankar promised. While the actor, who remains a CSI producer, won't be in front of the camera again just yet, executive director Carol Mendelsohn promised that the possibility exits for future episodes.

"Grissom will come back in an organic way, to visit or be on a case with the people that are his family," she said.

In the meantime, CSI's incoming actor has been reflecting on how his role might affect television overall. During a TCA press conference, Fishburne was asked if he believed his casting would lead to more African-American actors landing lead roles in television dramas.

"That's funny because it's the question I asked Les Moonves when I agreed to take the job," he said, adding that the CBS president responded by naming The Unit star Dennis Haysbert.

Fishburne then linked Haysbert to his role on 24, in which he played the first African-American president, years before Barack Obama was a national figure.

"The good news is that I was asked to join this company because of my intelligence and because of my gifts as an actor," he continued. "And for that I am extremely grateful. The fact that I happen to be a man of color... well, I like to think of it as a bonus. In much the way that I think of the man who will become our president in a few weeks time.

"He is intelligent, capable, engaging and interested in bringing people together. And he happens to be an African-American."

Link

10. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Yay!!! This sounds very interesting and promising. I suppose (I hope!) the tragic consequences refers to the girl, just the girl, and nothing but the girl!

I'm having visions of Jack Black in "Nacho Libre"!! :guffaw:

11. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

12. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

13. ali319

ali319 Prime Suspect

I can't speak for others ... I'm a huge Grissom fan, but I'm also planning to continue watching CSI after he's gone. Personally, I'd prefer they not bring the character back quickly. A guest spot down the road would be nice (and even if it doesn't happen, the possibility takes the sting out of the departure for me), but if we need to get used to CSI without Grissom then we need ... well ... a period of CSI without Grissom. The 200th epi would be too soon for me.

14. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

Does this mean hell has frozen over? :lol: We are actually going to get some emotional Nick scenes? I really adore Nick (he's my second fave character -Greg being the first) and I am glad he is getting a juicy storyline. I look forward to it.

15. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Just a reminder that tonight on ET Billy Petersen talks about the last ep. so tune in & check for your time, it's on here at 7:00 pm orginally posted by JorjaFoxFan:thumbsup: I wonder if he gives anything away we don't already know?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.