George/Nick: Texan Charm #11

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Smokey, Nov 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PrincessJ88

PrincessJ88 Coroner

My favorite line from last night's episode:

"Freakin' laser girl."

When Nick(George) hit the golf ball, I'm sure that wasn't a full out swing. It seemed like a weak practice swing so maybe George decided to play it safe.

Even though I don't find golf all that interesting, I loved Golf Nerd Nick coming out. Or maybe it was more golf nerd George?

2. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

George makes growing grass more interesting.

3. Nick3167

Nick3167 Rookie

Princess I am a golfer and I can tell you he was not playing it safe when you use a model like that you can't use full force it will damage the unit ( I should know I have done it myself many times) He was being careful because he did not have the distance available to hit properly that was all

4. gregfan3

gregfan3 Police Officer

How true! Well said, myfuturecsi! George could pretty much recite the alphabet, and I would probably sit there watching and be fascinated (the Texas twang doesn't hurt)...:lol:!

5. Athersgeo

Athersgeo Rookie

It was once said of another actor that we, the fans, would pay to listen to him read the phone book out. This was subsequently proved at a convention when, during the charity auction, a chunk of the phone book was auctioned off with the promise that he'd read it when it was won. Only the autographed swords made more money! (And speaking as she who won that particular auction, it was worth every cent :lol:)

Wonder if we can arrange something like that for George...

6. gregfan3

gregfan3 Police Officer

That is so cool, I love it:lol:! Congratulations on that win:)!

7. KFK

KFK Witness

Princess sorry, but I have to agree with Stokes4Girl. As a golfer, be it mediocre, that was a full swing. Remeber it's not the swing of the body, but the power in the arms. Years ago the swing was different, years back it was about the swing of the body, the hips. Now, it's about a sense of stillness...keep the body still, rotate the hips and back, but don't lift the feet, use your arms, focus on the ball, and follow through. At least that's what I learned last year when I took lessons. It's an addictive sport, if it weren't so fricking cold out, I'd be out practicing.

Just my 2 cents worth...

Take Care.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2010
  8. Nick3167

Nick3167 Rookie

Thanks KFK

9. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

I must say Nicky was his usual :drool: self last night.

He's been perfecting his tough-guy stare. Loved the way he was with that one kid at the 'legal' drag races. :lol: First stare him down - and win. Then tell him he doesn't have an honest face - which he didn't. :lol:

Working on his skills as boss with Wendy and Hodges. :lol: The "Helping or hindering" line with Wendy. :lol: It is nice to see him delegating to others.

Still able to have a bit of fun at the end with Catherine. I had to go back and listen to it again (after capping of course) but all I have to say to him after the line "We aren't getting that old are we?" is NO! :lol: (And if you are you're a damn good lookin old! :adore:)

I think my most favorite part is the scene with Nick and Greg out on the road where the illegal drag race was. (From when they started placing the markers til the end. :lol:) Any one else notice - Nick was wearing what looked like a pretty heavy coat right then?

Also noticed that he never wears his open Nick, just a t-shirt, when he wears that new (this season) forensics jacket. :shifty:

:)shifty: Also noticed (I believe) that all his short sleeved open Nicks seem to be solid colored and all the long sleeved ones seem to be plaid this season. :shifty: ETA - except for in Long Ball and Sin City Blue. Hey, I just looked at my avi and remembered! :lol: )

Susan

Last edited: Feb 6, 2010
  10. Nick3167

Nick3167 Rookie

ALL I CAN SAY IS
    MEOW
    WITH OUR TEXAN!!!!

11. Sookie

Sookie CSI Level One

I noticed that he seems to be wearing those black jeans all the time - not that I mind.

12. LoneWolfe001

LoneWolfe001 Pathologist

is he really engaged?

13. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

Yes. George and Monika Casey became engaged sometime last year. He announced it when he was on The Late, Late, Late show back in November.

14. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

He certainly is!

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2010
  15. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Alright, I have to comment about last week's show.

I think this episode as well as some of the others this season has really shown how far Nicky has come.

He is definitely not the Nick we knew when the show first started. Yes, he's still there, but he has grown so much. We definitely see more of a leader in him.

Nope, he isn't that naive boy from Texas anymore. Vegas has been hard on him and he's always come through. I'm sure that has something to do with that Texan in him. ;)

Nick and Catherine work well together, though they always have, but I digress because I still miss him and Warrick together. :( It would have been interesting to see who Catherine would have promoted if Warrick was still around. I still think it would have been Nick and that could have been interesting with Warrick below him. :lol:

I think, secretly, it bugs the hell out of Hodges. :lol:

Oh and that line to Wendy when he said "that a girl", well that just melted my heart and that smile wasn't bad either. :adore:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.