Season 8 Ratings

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by PerfectAnomaly, Sep 25, 2011.

1. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

Undercover Boss did great last night but A Gifted Man didn't do so well. Yes AGM got higher ratings than what it was getting at 8pm but it was still lower than NY was getting in the 9pm spot even if it had a bigger lead-in. And you shouldn't hope UB to bomb because we need that show to do good once NY gets back on March 30. NY could use some help from UB!

One reason I can think is that people are starting to come home as the night goes by. So some people who were outside early that night can catch Blue Bloods at home. And of course another reason is, like what you said, the lack of scripted TV show competition at that later time.

2. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

I never did think of it that way.

3. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

From Deadline and it's not great news:

Granted there was a lot of confusion about if the show was even coming back and when, but this really doesn't bode well for the show, IMO.

4. Jade_Nolan

Jade_Nolan CSI Level One

Agreed. I saw the ratings over on tvbythenumbers and went, "ah crap". I guess we'll see how the remainder of the eps do now that hopefully people will realize that it is back on the air.... but I'm afraid I'm not overly optimistic. Do you by chance know how Miami is equivalently doing ratings wise as most prediction sites are saying that both spinoffs have almost an equal chance of being cut (as in both instead of just one of them)?

5. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

Hopefully it's just a bump in the road and it might get better.

I've checked out the ratings thread in the Miami category, unfortunately Miami seems to do better than NY.

6. PerfectAnomaly

I don't watch Miami so I don't pay attention to their numbers.

7. Jade_Nolan

Jade_Nolan CSI Level One

8. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

Damn. I bet people don't know it's back or the interest in the show is not there as much.

6 week hiatus doesn't help though.

EDIT: In my opinion, this is what CBS wants.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2012
  9. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

Yeah I also think this is what CBS wants. It could have aired NY without hiatus and finish the season last night and throw A Gifted Man on late April to May. It seems CBS wants the cancellation of NY easier and look more justified. I mean, who knows, if NY had run without hiatus, it could have gotten much higher ratings. Consequently, CBS would have to face a much harder decision regarding NY's fate.

It sucks a show's fate is determined by 25,000 Nielsen homes. I know they were statistically chosen but still for fans like me who watch the show LIVE every Friday night it's frustrating.

I wouldn't be surprised if CBS would promote the remaining three episodes as the last of the series. I think it's better that way than a cold cancellation on May. But I'll be sad definitely. CSI: NY may not be the best show ever (maybe the best crime drama I've seen) but for me it's very special!

Last edited: Apr 7, 2012
  10. Ninja0980

Ninja0980 Police Officer

IMO,it's exactly what CBS wants. It's how they killed off Cold Case two years ago. They put it in a time slot they knew it would do poorly in and then killed it off due to "low ratings".
    THat's what they're doing to CSI NY. CBS won't mention how they gave it a month off and put it in a bad time slot. They'll simply say the ratings aren't there and cancel it.
    Truly a shame,CSI NY was just finding its footing again.

11. warrick17

warrick17 Hit and Run

the recently released numbers do hurt in the eye.but my gutfeeling tells me that cbs will not axe ny or(!) miami so suddenly.bottom line,this franchise has build a much stronger impoact over the years then for example cold case or ghost whisperer,where ive heard get cancelled without proper(advertisement,campagne,storyline?) ending.ny or miami on the other hand are plain and simple in another league.so i think,if their gonna try to cancell them we will get the knowlegde in advance,like it happened with house or the desperates..

12. PerfectAnomaly

The final numbers were adjusted up a tad. 9.07 million viewers and a 1.7 in the demo.

13. perlnoir

perlnoir Pathologist

Thanks PA

I love your icon

14. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

It's up but then here comes another 2-week break. I hope NY won't start from another ratings low again when it returns on April 27.

15. Jade_Nolan

Jade_Nolan CSI Level One

Well if they have proper previews for the upcoming episode, explosions and such things always grab people's attention, so I don't think April 27th's ep should do too badly. And then there's only one episode between an 'explosions' ep and the finale, so there's hope... not sure if it's enough though. I'll be shocked if it gets renewed, ratings or not at this point...