CSI: New York is cancelled.

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Nightfoxxy, May 10, 2013.

1. Nightfoxxy

Nightfoxxy Victim

Read tvbythenumbers.com

2. Screenplayer

Screenplayer Hit and Run

I read the bad news and already posted in another thread but I'm still angry and wanting to wake up my ramboself. Like I said in the other thread let's drown ourselves in a cup of coffee (another black with two sugar, please!) and face the hangover tomorrow. On Sunday is mother's day but on Monday how about plotting kidnapping one of CBS executive and threaten them with one ticket to Sid's creepy places if they do not step back and bring our favorite show again?

3. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

Not sure what I will do without Gary on TV. Hoping he will do the Chicago Fire spinoff, yeah, it's the Chicago PD. :lol: But that hasn't been official yet so...

4. Speedslady

Speedslady Police Officer

Love it! Love it! LOL I just don't know what I am going to do, guess wear out my dvds. *sigh* This just puts the cherry on my already horrid day. The only upside is fanfiction lots of great writers to keep the CSI:NY love going.

I'm telling you right now The Good Wife is the black widow, first CSI: Miami and now NY. If other shows start to re-run and that show subs in their spot it's death. :(

5. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

Something else too, no re runs for the current season or if there are any, just one. NY I don't think even ran any re runs from this year. If they did have re runs it was from last year.

6. Hardline Pro

Hardline Pro Lab Technician

Today is a sad day, although I cannot say I am surprised. It had a good 9 year run.

7. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

So if we know the other two shows weren't great either, was it the ratings on NY? I know they were kind of low this year most of the time.

8. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

Not surprising indeed but still a disappointing and sad news. CBS could have let CSI: NY finished with 200 episodes. I guess three episodes were too much to squeeze in to their crappy Friday night. :rolleyes: Nothing has worked in its time slot since it last aired. I think nothing will except if CBS moves a stronger show as NCIS or Criminal Minds there which is of course not an option for now. So they will probably try another new show. sigh.

The good side of this is that we can expect and see the cast members pursue different acting roles. I would like to see Sela Ward as the mysterious lady villain on Person of Interest or on a critically acclaimed drama. I would also like Gary cast on an HBO or Showtime drama. I would like to see Carmine and Eddie do comedies.

I will miss this show. It's the first TV show I followed every week. It's my favorite and will always be. Thank goodness I still have the whole season 9 and other episodes on my DVR. So next TV season I will watch it again every week.

CBS who? :lol:. I am planning to watch Intelligence because Marg Helgenberger stars on it. I'm happy Criminal Minds is renewed with all the cast (especially AJ Cook) returning.

9. warrick17

warrick17 Hit and Run

10. Ninja0980

Ninja0980 Police Officer

Sad that this happened but I saw it coming. It got a reprieve once,wasn't going to happen again.
    Amazing nine years,even if the last two years were shortened.

11. MoonyGirl

MoonyGirl Pathologist

Very sad news. :( But I have to admit the last seasons weren't as good as the first ones. But I liked all the seasons nonetheless. CSI:NY was the best crimes show I've known and it tells something cause I don't watch any other crimes shows at the moment :lol:, besides NCIS occasionally ;)

I guess it's time to thanks for all those years with CSI:NY and the cast which were absolutely brilliant (especially Gary:luvlove:)

Luckily in my country the last 2 season's hasn't bee showed yet so for me it's not over yet! :D

12. monketsharona

monketsharona Police Officer

who knows Gary Sinise might returns in CSI as a guest star, Mac is DB's friend so it may be possible ! :)

13. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

Yeah,as long as it isn't another Christine in danger ep...love the ship but once is enough.,A Vegas honeymoon would rock though.

14. Ninja0980

Ninja0980 Police Officer

Geeno,I agree with you. I don't understand the reasoning behind the episode reductions. CSI NY would have had their 200 episodes if not for that.
    But as I said at the start of season 9,I was grateful CBS gave us one more year when it looked like they were ready to pull the plug.

15. CRM

CRM Prime Suspect

It sucks, yet I was actually expecting that. For whatever reason to have only like 3/4 of episodes for last season, or who knows how many NY seasons they 've shortened the episodes over the years, it was likely to cancel. I didn't even get to see the episode where they went to San Francisco, as I've always, always wanted the NYPD to investigate a case from the other ocean of the country.

I'd really like to be indulged with the best reasons as to why dumb reality shows like The Amazing Race and Survivor, or even garbage like How I Met YOur Mother are still being aired. Politics, ratings, and reality shows are all CBS really cares for. CBS = Cancelling the Best Shows.

Last edited: May 11, 2013