Season 9 *Spoiler Lab* Discussions P3

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Jan 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Okay I'll give desertwind and GNRF as much, that is probably the most we will ever get from Grissom.

Nick was Grissom's 'spirited child' and if any parents here know that's another way of saying, 'your head strong child' the one that just wants to do their own thing, their own way and you can't tell them otherwise. And eventually you just let them go and hope they learn from their mistakes. Nick made a couple of dumb moves, but he always owned up to them.

I was hoping the writers would give us more, but this is Grissom. He's not one for long, sappy speeches.

Now I wonder if he's going to say anything to Riley?

2. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

'Good luck sticking around with the rest of these crazy people.' :guffaw:

3. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

But he has shown his feelings to the others.

I know the others needed more guidance, but Grissom couldn't say 'good job' to Nick every once in awhile? I mean after Kelly Gordon dies he tells Nick 'then it's over'. I mean really, does Grissom really think that this will ever be over for Nick? Personally, I thought that was a very insensitive thing to say.

Well, supervisorwise, at least Catherine has been there for him.

And lets face it, it's the writers I'm angry at. They just don't seem to always get these characters. Which is why the actors feel they have to fight for stuff. I think the writers need to get with the program and maybe actually what the show from the beginning.

Oh, let's just face it, I have no faith and I hope I'm proven wrong.

4. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

As stated Grissom is a man of few words, especially emotionally, it took him 8 years to finally propose to Sara, and while tending bees:confused: he's a strange duck for sure at times, but on his hiatus he wrote a lovely love letter, so romantic, so he's good at that. The team should have taken him to a farewell party in a bar, or at one of their houses, and had him knock back a few, and then maybe he would have let his guard down and really tell them all how he feels:alienblush:and again on Nick when he got bent out of shape and goes" I'm not you" and Gil with his slow dilberate response, "Good, we don't need another me around here" and then promoted him over Sara, who then she knocked back a few, and we all know how that ended! I think in this Grissom's final goodbye there will be some surprises, and no fan is ever going to be totally pleased or happy with everything that CSI gives the viewers, there's ups and downs and many shockers, that's just the way it is!

Last edited: Jan 6, 2009
  5. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

While it would have been nice to have a Buffy/Giles-esque convo between Griss and Nick, that's not who Grissom is. I mean when Buffy went and slept with Angel and he turned evil, she said to Giles, "are you disappointed in me?" and he said something like "no, not at all". Grissom isn't that open. Though it would have been nice if we'd had a similar scene between the two men. Grissom hasn't been there much for Greg either... not as much as he has for Rick and Sara. the only really involved Greg/Griss scene we saw was when he was in the hospital after the beating. Griss didn't even visit him the first time he was in the hospital. That was only Cath and Warrick it showed visiting him. So, Nick wasn't the only one getting the short end of the stick so to speak. Greg did too in a lot of ways.

Maybe Grissom was afraid that Nick wouldn't take too kindly to him coddling him like he did Rick and Sara. And ultimately, not being coddled is more of a compliment than not. I mean, if you don't need to be coddled that means you're strong enough to handle things and don't need someone there holding your hand and telling you everything is going to be okay.

I don't think it's that Grissom doesn't care, I think it's more the writers have trouble writing scenes for the two men to share. When they write Nick as this tough Texan athletic ladies man, it's hard to write him in a scene with a father type (notice they didn't write any scenes for Nick to share with his father- I believe this is why)... at least it's hard for them.

I also don't think Grissom hugging everyone would be too soap opera-ish. I think it would be 7th heaven- ish or full house-ish. There were more hugs on those two shows than on ANY show I've EVER seen. :lol: One or both of those shows have had characters say "man this family hugs a lot". :lol:

Last edited: Jan 6, 2009
  6. Dizzney

I just find it amusing how anytime someone tells Grissom they will miss him or that he influenced their lives, he seems genuinely shocked by the sentiment.

7. Audrey2419

Audrey2419 Pathologist

He has low self-esteem... :guffaw:

8. csi_miami_babe

csi_miami_babe Rookie

That promo was so good. I can't wait to see what everyone's last words to Grissom are before he leaves. I hope they all get one final private moment with him before the end. It looks like this is an episode worth waiting for. This may be the best episode we've ever seen. I'm going to have to get my kleenex ready for this one!

9. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

I'd laugh if Grissom said, "Hasta La Vista, babies!"

10. happyharper13

happyharper13 Pathologist

Hah. Or 'What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas.'

I really trust that the writers are doing their best. Being a writer is hard, and it takes a great deal of talent. I'm sure they can figure out how to write a scene between any two characters if it fits the episode. They're professionals, not amateurs.

As for the brief Nick scene in one of the promos, I don't see how this is any indication of a short Nick-Griss scene in the actual show. By definition, promos have to be short. They can't show the entire episode, so of course they're only going to show a small piece of any scene. As much as many fans like Nick, TPTB can't spend an entire promo on the conversation between Nick and Grissom. IMO, we're lucky we saw as many personal character interactions in that promo (at least the one on CBS) as we did.

11. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

As TVGuide reminded us Grissom once told Warrick: "When I leave CSI there'll be no cake in the break room I'll just be gone." That is actually what I expected from Grissom's departure instead we are getting so much more.
    Plus I feel the brief scene we've seen (or read about) is very complimentary towards Nick, he was an easy student, he didn't require a lot of attention, he was that good.

12. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

Someone said that Nick said "I'll never forget what you taught me.". Is that in the promo that is linked above, or is that in another one? Cause I watched the one above a few times, and never heard it. Did I miss it?

As far as Grissom not saying good job to Nick, I kind of have to agree with desertwind and myfuturecsi. He is a man of few words and everything but he still could have said something to Nick during and after his turmoil with Grave Danger. Really, the only words of encourage we have from Grissom towards Nick is when Nick was in the box and he said something, and Grissom read his lips. After that Grissom said, "No, you never did, Nick". That's really about it.

However, we all know Grissom has never been one for emotions unless it has to be about a certain someone who will not be mentioned...

13. Dizzney

It is another promo, Kimbo08. I saw it last night on TV. The one online is one featuring Greg's words to Grissom and the one on TV seems to feature Nick's words.

14. CSI_Kat

CSI_Kat Addicted to Gutterville Moderator

I was glad to see that promo posted here that shows Greg. I had only seen the one with Nick in it. It looks like everyone will have time with Gris. Seems only appropriate.

15. PrincessJ88

PrincessJ88 Coroner

I still haven't seen the one with Nick saying his goodbye. I've seen the one where he talks about how this feels like Grissom's last big game but not the other one. Maybe when I watch NCIS tonight I'll see it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.