Season 8 Spoiler Discussion #2 - Spoiler Scene: Do Not Cross

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by vegaslights, Oct 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

How many times have you seen this cliche?

I only heard it once from Miami but never really have seen it.

I think you will be throwing something through your TV no matter what. :lol:

2. Jade_Nolan

Jade_Nolan CSI Level One

Agreed! Although considering how unrealistic it is for someone to choose whether they survive and come out of a coma state via a hallucination, I'd be somewhat surprised if they went there, not to mention it would be the same choice and overall setup as Harry Potter faced when he went to duel Voldemort at the end of book 7 and Voldemort "killed" him :lol: Although....considering the TPTB we're talking about here....unfortunately I'm not ruling that absurd possibility out...:shifty: I hope it's some sort of choice after the medical staff saves his life (not some stupid dream decision that could never happen like that in real life).

p.s. Did I really just draw a potential parallel between Harry Potter and CSI: NY....?! *groans* oh god.....

3. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Sounds a lot like CSI: Miami's season premiere.

4. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Yep it does and it's very cliché. Didn't something like that also happened in Criminal Minds when Elle was shot and hallucinated seeing her father? She wanted to stay with him and whatever. At least it reminds me of that too.

5. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

Yeah, even though I like a lot of fantasy shows, it'd be better if they didn't go there with this one, since it's a reality-based one.

6. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

Yes! I was trying to think of the recent example of that and I couldn't remember if it was CM or NCIS. It was very cheesy, and even though I haven't counted how many times I've seen a similar story throughout my TV watching I know I've seen it multiple times on different shows.

7. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

NCIS did it recently too. It showed Gibbs' daughter and wife and his buddy that recently died (last season I think) and also Kate ... but she was in "what might have been" type of scenes where her and Tony were married or something - it was like a big fanfic or something and I didn't like it on the show at all.

8. perlnoir

perlnoir Pathologist

csi ny sneak peak 8.16 Slainte http://www.spoilertv.com/2012/04/csi-ny-episode-816-slainte-sneak-peek.html

One sneak peak follow link under

Last edited: Apr 26, 2012
  9. Jade_Nolan

Jade_Nolan CSI Level One

I shall not relate my actual reaction to that clip, but suffice to say that my husband who was sitting on the couch next to me while I watched it, was making merciless fun over the loopy grin which instantly spread itself across my face and only got broader as the clip progressed :lol:

I do want to clarify though, I'm not a Mac/Christine shipper or anything. All I've ever wanted is for the guy to not be alone and be able to find actual happiness after all these years regardless of who it's with. It just happens to be this particular character (and I'm also convinced that Megan Dodds is a bit of a Mac fan based on the subtle things she adds and the way she acts opposite Gary). And it's that dynamic that has me grinning from ear to ear :D

So, combine all that with the fact that we get explosions and dismembered bodies and Flack (hopefully) significantly featured (not just at the beginning), I can't wait for tomorrow! I also hope that the ep overall holds up and doesn't just feature a few good clips.

10. perlnoir

perlnoir Pathologist

Last edited: Apr 28, 2012
  11. perlnoir

perlnoir Pathologist

12. perlnoir

perlnoir Pathologist

13. nel2h

nel2h CSI Level One

Thanks a lot Perl!

14. perlnoir

perlnoir Pathologist

You're welcome Nel2h

source: http://fr.eonline.com/news/watch_wi...rst_look_panic_toy_store/313662#ixzz1tunFNG1r

15. nel2h

nel2h CSI Level One

Thanks Perl for the interesting info.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.