Debate/Dislike a Ship Thread -- CSI:NY

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by lament, Aug 28, 2006.

1. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

Yea Debbs whats up with that?:confused::lol:
    Yes "playful"or "flirting" call it what you will they are one in the same unless the object of your intent is of the oppisite sex. She has a "playful" "flirty" personality that is undeniable but if that same line was addressed to Flack for those who wish for it to develop into something you could see it as chemistry there as well, that I believe we agree on. With Lindsey it would be "playful" unless of course she has a more romantic leaning in that direction:lol:. The writers seem to have chosen to "plant the seed" of pursuasion for those who are in the market, and if you would like to "nurture it and watch it grow have at it ! I however do not. I see that remark as a playful reaction getter just as I think it was meant to be. You however think I am in denial because I dont see what you do as subtext if I read this correctly. The writers do it with Danny and Lindsey all the time but forgive me it aint a workin honey not for me anyway. :lol: There is nothing there trust me my brain has registered this as a fact and nothing in the world of PV can ever convince me otherwise:lol: Jo is like that with everyone or so it seems to me. No big deal just dont see it:) The fact that Mac flew half way across the world to apoligize to Stella left me to my conclusions of more then just friends because that is what I perceived. He could have called her and asked her to come back but she meant much more to him then a phone call. In so doing his actions suggested to me more then a friend. If a guy flew half way across the world to make things right for the fear of losing me or my friendship well lets just say I would have answered the call!:devil: He only left the country once before and that was for Peyton. I am sure you on the other hand did not come away with the same conclusion. What was Melinas intent? Was there subtext beginning to develope and PV chose against it? Melina being interviewed over the years when asked about Mac and Stella getting together also talked of the possiability of a more serious relationship so the seed was planted there in some peoples minds too. Therefore they saw what they wanted to see. The writers are masters at plying the heart strings but if they read the audience wrong they could lose viewership or worse yet....move to Friday night:eek: Speaking of which you have a show to watch pretty soon and I have some errands to run so I can get back in time for Blue bloods...my new favorite NY show!:thumbsup:

2. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

Oh the huge bear was sleeping and the naughty hunter woke him up:lol:

Hard core Smackies. That sounds like moi:lol: I want to put very clear: when i talked about THEM i said they had a funny/cute bantering. And when i used the term "flirtatious" was just to talk about Mac but i never said it was mutual. Yes, they have a great onscreen chemistry and yes, i like Jo :D BUT in the same message i wrote he looked "flirtatious", I said they still looked like brother and sister:lol:

When i think about them i see nothing romantic between them. It's one of the reasons i accepted Jo so easily (that and the fact i don't feel she is the "Stella's replacement"). True, Mac and Stella never shared a kiss, had sex or anything "similar" that could guarantee they were "in love" and that could make them "canon":rolleyes: (If canon means to be like Danny and Lindsay then i prefer Mac and Stella's relationship as it finished:devil:)
    However i believe Mac and Jo's relationship is so friendly as Grissom and Catherine's was once. Since i didn't watch CSI i thout they looked great and just like Mac and Stella but then i watched several old epsiodes and the difference was really obvious to me. I had to read about communication lately and it says most of comunnication are non verbal. In that case their bodies talk. Again, Mac and Stella never shared a kiss but EVERYTHING ELSE about them talked about a liason deeper than any other relationship in the show. I don't know if it was the way they look at each other, the way they talked to each other but EVERYTHINg talked about an intimacy than "official" pairings at the show NEVER HAD. Intentional or not, it was the way it was:bolian: And yep, Mac went across half world just to eat a Greek salad and it happened he found Stella "Hey Stella, how are you? Are you in trouble? well i think i can help you in my spare time":lol:

3. Axatullux

Axatullux Lab Technician

Was gonna post this on CSI Files News but instead decided it fit here instead:

*Gets the barf bag ready, just in case*:rolleyes::angryrazz::rolleyes: You gotta be shitting me! [​IMG]
    Thanks a lot Pam! :scream:

4. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

This is not a debate. Posting a HUGE Smiley emoticon is not a debate.

I suggest next time you plan out your words instead of using stuff like 'shitting me' and 'barf bag'.

5. pdegan2814

pdegan2814 Dead on Arrival

While I agree that Sela & Gary have great chemistry onscreen, my hope is Jo & Mac don't go any farther than good friends and great teammates. Personally, I was most intrigued by the fun and flirty chemistry Jo & Flack had from the moment they met. The two of them are a lot of fun together. I don't know how viable an actual relationship between them would be, but I hope we get more fun scenes with them.

6. Axatullux

Axatullux Lab Technician

Same here. :) Even I, as much as I'm still distraught, empty, and heartbroken over Stella's absence, I always thought that when they decide it's time to wrap up CSI:NY, THEN put Mac & Stella together, NOT early or in the third season or so because of the immense difficulty of writing around this, even with excellent writers having a pinnacle (They can have more than one artistic pinnacle can't they? :) ). Pairing up main characters tends to be incompatable with cop or police procedural shows' main plot and creates a lot of soap that interferes with the shows main plot ideas.

Both Mac & Stella are too great of characters to degrade into bars of soap like Danny & Lindsay have at times.

That's ultimately why when I finally penetrated through the smoke of the grief over MK leaving, I realize that it should be done WHEN THE SHOW WRAPS UP. :) That is still an option and one to go, not to mention imagine if they had kids who talk about their parents being heads of various labs over the years. :D

Pulling Mac/Jo, even from a totally non-SMacked view strikes me as cheap, and totally pulled-out-of-the-manure-pile, and an incredibly cheap and degrading move that is fundementally incompatible with the theme of a procedural forensics show. Mac/Jo is destined to send CSI:NY, not only into soap opera territory but also perhaps piss off so many former Mac/Stella fans to the point that they'll be cheering the shows demise.

7. robotnik22

robotnik22 Rookie

Mac/Jo- I've watched parts of the new NY season on youtube and I think that they are best suited as friends/co-workers.

8. Axatullux

Axatullux Lab Technician

Agreed. I now sometimes think that why can't Mac be happy to be single. :confused: If not Stella, can't Mac be content with NOT dating anyone?

9. Elwood21

Elwood21 Pathologist

Hullo. My name is Inigo Mont- Oh. Beg pardon. My mistake. :p

Hullo. Best wishes for a Happy New Year to y'all :).

Hullo? I'd like to report what looks like a dead horse. Might be a zombie horse, not sure. I've stumbled across it in a few threads, while ambling about and catching up. I think it might live here, when it's in better shape.

Much of what I am replying to has been quoted from outside this thread, but I thought the discussion was best placed here than where I found it, should I join in. I hope it appropriate.

It's been awhile since I've had time to comment at all. Woulda if I coulda. A meh & shrug has not won out for me. So, here 'goes. (As always, assume a ":p" generally present ;)).

The scattered Equine-Beating Variants I've read: The Ratings Would Be Higher / Show Better If:
    • MK was on the show
    • smack was alluded to in canon, even now ("...not dead, just resting")
    • SW wasn't on the show
    • Mac were a monk, destined to remain a widower and alone, because if he can't be with Stella he should be with no one at all
    • the show stopped writing Mac any material that had him interacting with any female character in any way that might be read as flirtatious. Unless it includes a phone call from NOLA. Further, should any woman take a shine to the cranky uber-ex-marine and/or vice versa, be it known this is actually somehow degrading to him. Should two women coincide in liking him at the same time (or within 5 months in NY years) then the Universe will uh...do something terribly dramatic. And messy. Very messy.
    • the show would acknowledge that any relationship material is by default soapish, unless of course, it relates to an insinuated possibility that smack is still possible thru some existential long distance plan, in which case it's not soapish, it's inevitable (and ineffable)

Purported conclusion: the show will die in the face of MK leaving, Ward joining, Jo not being Stella, no matter who she may be, cos Stella's irreplaceable, the writers continuing to defy smack desires even in memorium, and the presumed atrocity suffered should Mac and Jo *plz to shield the young and innocent* ...flirt.​

I disagree. Just my opinion, of course :p.

I don't think there is a butterfly-effect correlation between ratings and specific elements found within a given episode. IE. Mac having pizza with Aubrey.

I don't think any one character will sink or save a series. Not Stella, Jo, not even Exhibit A (or perhaps AB): despite Belknap's & some scripting's periodic efforts, Lindsay hasn't sunk NY. Jo is already miles above & SW was a coup in NY being able to transition major characters as well as it has.

I think the S7 ratings have been reasonably solid & consistent. How that translates into acceptable cost/revenue ratios for the network, I dunno. I simply hope its enough to garner another season. In terms of content, several changes seem to have prompted the show to take a look at itself, & I think the writing has improved.

I want to be clear. I've no problem with the Ship of Smack. Or any ship. Ship away. I certainly do counter the notion that NY sans Smack, Stella, & MK, is by default crap. And, well, frankly, the collective gravitional mass, & gravitas within some content I read was irresistable :p.

*passes over a pristine box*

Brand new.

I don't disagree that the show had seemed happy with a certain mediocrity the past few seasons.

I do disagree about Stella. I don't miss her like I thought I would. There is also no Smack void, given that Smack never was.

The Grand Canyon is unperturbed. The sun goes about it's business, unconcerned with SW's arse. It's come up every day. I've checked :p. (The sun, that is).

I think S7 is one of the most entertaining seasons NY has put together in recent years.

I liked the little we saw of Aubrey in her own right, and saw also how she essentially made Peyton's return to fill a certain slot in a playful Hitchcockian homage a bit more charged.

Triangle? There was little enough innuendo to build a meaningful geometric shape at all :p. If NY's "Twilight" was that understated, a hint o !Tension w/ Mac & Jo is nuthin to worry about :lol:.

Hardly an example of Degrading Material. But a curious point to repeatedly reference as evidence of such. I might suggest a home invasion masked as a dinner date wot ended in violent death in Stella's living room as an example of somewhat degrading. House calls from two docs don't ring quite the same for me.

Mac is often inert unless shouting at someone or pursuing something due some bee up his arse. No sunshine there either :lol:. Having Aubrey, or Peyton present has actually made him warmer, a little looser, initiating interaction, less cardboard. Not so inert.

The point is not to replace, but to move forward. Everyone is permitted an evolution. On a show that's usually a good thing. A relationship is one avenue.

Was it past it's exp date the day before MK walked? Or just after?

The franchise has managed a very respectable decade on the air, & within that, the pendulum had already begun a slow shift. Networks seem to like blood from an established stone, new coat tails, & manageable risk, simultaneous & in slo mo where possible.

I was unappalled in the face of Disaster. It was fun to see an ep that was different for NY. Besides. We got a great poster from Fay outta the deal & some incredible mileage outta PV's tongue-in-cheek Twilight comments ;). Win Win (Win).

(Perhaps if I nudge rly nice like, Fay might do up another poster for Awesome Eyebrows? :p)

...cos this sounds so much less a Cliche and Soapish thing for a procedural cop show to do... ;)

I don't think the show has been concerned about a True Love for any of its characters :p. (W/ respect to any in the DL Ship, IMO DL are certainly not the most Inevitably Meant To Be Couple Wot Ever Was either :lol:).

Folk would have something to say about Mac/Jo, even if it's cos they just went for a burger. Or a hot dog. PV's ever so brief comment has, again, people all a-chatter. I suspect TPTB are delighted ;).

Lindsay reading a letter from Stella was underwhelming, but I don't see anything that needs closure or redemption. But IMO Grounds might require some contrition :p

Ah. This is where the kleenex came in.

I hear no bells tolling just yet, or Jim Morrison intoning solemnly.

I think the scheduling shifts we're to see in the second half of the season speak far more to the network trying to find slots to air its mid-season entrants, broadcast the runs of all its shows, and test possibilities in scheduling for next season.

Medium's cancellation was a near given to open up a slot to start the tetris game. It would seem to be about an over-hyped & under-performing Defenders, a CM2 spin-off needing significant retooling, testing Blue Bloods elsewhere in the schedule for next season, if kept, and about getting a return on Chaos. It gets everything on, gives them a chance to see how shows do in different places against different competition, eye the shape of next season from afar, and really, none of these moves are overly risky.

NY, once underway in S7, has been a show the network hasn't had to think about too much. I hope NY doesn't get lost in the shuffle, and ultimately benefits from the schedule tinkering, getting some book-ends solidified. Guess we'll see.

Among the new entrants, the one I'm most curious about is Chaos, a show who's production history has certainly lived up to its name.

Bluntly, if/when NY ends, it won't be singularly attributable to MK leaving.

I guess the memo sprite musta ate another one, PTB obviously didn't get it. How else to 'splain Stella/Adam, Mac/Aubrey, Peyton, Russ, and Jo's effervescent personality? (Stella's successor was clearly not supposed to be a smart, insightful, fun, playful, warm, strong, independent woman with a complicated history, & a bit of a chaotic, near-flaky side who's entertaining to watch).

Personally, I damn well know they've eaten mine about DL for years. Silly Bastards. Silly, Evil, Evil Bastards :p. Fingerpuppets, Lighthouse of Doom, an' a freakin medal my arse :shifty::lol:.

I'd take Season 7 over several of it's past seasons any day. I don't miss a lot of what it used to be in recent years.

Another observation: I tend to give less credence to criticism of S7 being a steaming pile of refuse when one hasn't watched a single episode of it.

That NY had not been so graced with one's viewership was repeatedly and emphatically reiterated as a point of defiant pride in the face of MK's departure. I expect that must make critiquing the actual content of this season rather tricky, outside of what's read in spoilers and the like. I doubt some would be won over regardless, but it might be fair to watch what one is commenting on. It might at least offer something new to the discussion.

Like SW or dislike her, dandyo. But I'm hoping that ya mean you dislike the notion of Mac and Jo having a thing, as opposed to Sinise and Ward. Or are we back to suggesting colleagues are crushing on one another again? If Jo had been cast with an actor other than SW, would this have come up at all?

Woe betide :p.

And with a more viceral honesty, here is stated what would seem to be the real issue. Undeterred Smack, and far less concerns of degrading geometry, procedural mandates, soap, character interpretation, etc.

Yet, I'll play. Me, I'm wary but curious. Mac's relationship material has been among the most concise & well integrated NY has managed, as well as that of Danny/Rikki. But I doubt Mac's forefront in this. Russ has everything to do with Jo, & the show mebbe dabbling a bit. Stella got personal material, why shouldn't Jo. And if handled as well as Mac's was, it should be interesting. NY get to show me what they've got before I'll pass judgement.

If the Smack demographic truly held as much sway as presumed, then Smack might have been overtly included as !Tension at some point within the past six years. I think the bear's a bit indifferent. I suspect there might be an over-generous presumption of influence.

Wow. Weird. Just had a flash of deja vu. Ever happen to you? :p

Far from being a detriment, Castle and Bones have thrived on such :lol:. Part of their procedure, if you will.

Not saying I'd like NY to go this way. But I do hafta poke this as a convenient argument to counter what was previously wished for by some, an augmented interaction between two leads. They apparently just hafta be the right ones.

I'll play again. I think I'd still prefer a recurring character as a romantic interest for a main character, to any serious parings within the central roster, but !Flirtation skirts some of the issues that might be potential drawbacks in such a scenario. I think NY also knows this, which is why Russ is a substantial part of the equation. If the show purely wanted to write Jo and Mac discovering an attraction, they wouldn't need Russ in the picture.

I see Russ therefore as created to enable an important part of Jo's back story, and likely to be a complicating figure not just for Jo but for the whole team. I think his presence will ensure that no one is feeling comfortable or on level ground. Not on a general FBI/NYPD case level, not on a personal level for Jo, not for her colleagues in dealing with someone who has a both a professional and personal stake in how their team runs, not Mac as boss nor as Jo's partner, whether there's a !Tension played or not. If there is, I'm sure the show will use Russ to avoid having to commit to anything anyways.

I think Russ has fun potential in letting NY dabble in all that some folk harbor the worst fears for without actually suffering in terms of procedure, plot ideas, or soap, nor, for that matter, actually Pairing anyone up at all. And that, in part, is why it is fun. More fun than if PTB just wanted to nudge Mac and Jo closer together.

:lol:.

Sry. Gee Mac, how is it you might deign to desire companionship after years of loss and solitude? With someone other than Stella, that is? Whattup w/ dat? Is the couch not enuff for you? Wrong upholstery mebbe?

Why shouldn't Mac see anyone?

...Mac, btw, was apparently content with Not Stella for the whole of their years working together.

...aaaaaand, sometimes I get rather exasperated by repeated and ongoing posts seeking to link Smack, MK, SW, and Jo, causally, to forecasts of the show's demise, made with what at times seems to be a near "if you espouse it, it will come" fervency. I find it distasteful when speculation about a show's future crosses over into actively wishing for its demise. But. Freedom of speech yada. What's actually prompted me to reply has been the implication that a ground-in and particularly ugly defeat would somehow be what the folk of NY deserve.

The show will get whatever the network thinks it's worth to them. Bottom line.

Two cents: There has been betrayal. Smack never made it to Canon. It continues to exist where it always has, in the eye of the beholder, in discussion among fans, or even curious and casual viewers in forums like this, in fan fiction, and the like. There was no promise made that's been denied. That is also why there would be no betrayal should the show overtly and deliberately (as opposed to interpretively) play with any hint of !Interest between Mac/Jo.

The Crux, pt I: An actor, MK, made a RL decision about her life and career. The show was obliged to make some RL Adjustments, while facing many other changes as well. The changes have enabled some new onscreen material and interaction that they've had to figure out on the fly.

That's not a betrayal of Smack fans, Stella fans, NY fans, MK fans, or any casual NY viewers. That's the business & life of a show. The folk of NY go home at the end of the day having worked respective butts off, none of them owe me a damned thing, just as I neither owe them my viewership. Mi casa es su casa, come in for an hour, or don't. That's all it is.

Resentful comments about changes are understandable, to a degree, in that a show can inspire great passion in viewers. I might hope that such loyalty was not fickle. But eh. Come in for an hour or don't.

The Crux, part II: When commentary crosses over to spiteful, to five months of it, spun around the same themes, in multiple threads, to the point where one starts calling for the end of the show, to cheering for failure, for wishing what equates to real harm on real people in a hard business whose work had previously been found so engaging, over the fate of two fictional characters, between whom, even within the show's realm that spawned them, no romantic entanglement existed, well, ...it's frankly a wee bit absurd, somewhat off color, and just a tad out of proportion. Dude. Seriously.

-

It's been a fun diversion, popping in here. If ever Sheldon gets his sparkly belt :p be it for Adam, or his upcoming rumoured LI, I might visit here more often :lol:, but I've no stake in matters. I thought Flack and Stella might be fun, but Adam schooled him :lol:. I'm liking Jo's interaction with everyone so far. I doubt a little potential flirting with Mac will change that drastically.

This season is definitely one of NY's better ones. The show has earned itself an increased latitude from me, to play about and still have me tune in to see what they're up to.

Now.

If someone would pass me a *kleenex* an' a shovel, I'd be happy to attend to an unfortunately mauled zombie horse before it wanders off again. Does leave rather a trail. I'll put it next to the Norwegian Blue.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2011
  10. Elwood21

Elwood21 Pathologist

:shifty::lol: ...doh. Now that's funny ;):lol:. Missed teh Edit window too. Erm.

(Not that the gist was ambiguous :p).

Sry.

11. robotnik22

robotnik22 Rookie

What did you think about my argument?

12. Axatullux

Axatullux Lab Technician

:brickwall:Though I finally braved watching CSI:NY, it doesn't change anything about me being virulently against Mac/Jo. It's just far, FAR, too premature to pull this out of the stratosphere. Personally, if Mac gets a love interest, if he ever does, it will be with someone off-screen. Whatever happened with Aubrey or even Peyton?

After what a self-righteous douchebag Mac became in "To What End?", it makes me wonder if he's reeling from the fact that he let Stella get away, now 1300 miles away now.

I sometimes now think Mac deserves no one at all, not Stella, not Aubrey, not Peyton, nor Jo. NONE! And this is coming from a former SMacked fan who felt like something was ripped right out of his chest. Someone said, "Should Mac be a monk who is alone forever?", at this point, I'd say yes.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2011
  13. Axatullux

Axatullux Lab Technician

GIVE ME A BREAK!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Do TPTB realize just how incredibly stupid this is? Gary and others say Mac is in the 'adversary' stage of Mac's career, then let's hope it stays that way. :rolleyes::lol::rolleyes:

I was finally healing from the sudden departure of Melina/Stella but reading this just opened up old wounds all over again! When are they going to finally realize that this is an incredibly stupid direction and that none of us are going to accept this, even those who aren't SMackies at all. :scream::rolleyes::scream:

The emoticons on this forum aren't enough to expressed how offended I felt when I read about this triangle idea. Just incredibly stupid, almost beyond comprehension. Wow has the mighty CSI:NY fallen. Now it has fallen below even CSI: Miami now. Emoticons cannot express how angry and offended I am over this 'triangle' idea.

Even as I write this, I still haven't adjusted well to the post-Melina CSI show hence my rejection of a Mac/Jo pairing. I mean, seeing Stella and Mac with the coffee grounds at the end of "Grounds for Deception" convinced me something good was coming, then the unthinkable happened, and then this ultra-rushed Mac/Jo teasing crap came along. God, what the hell is happening here?

I have watched a few snippets and bits and pieces of Season 7 but it seems like Jo went straight from D.C. into the trash heap already. This show never truly recovered from the death of Angell, and Aiden, both of them I enjoyed far better than I ever could of Lindsay or even Jo.

14. Elwood21

Elwood21 Pathologist

...Thx for teh oversize, screen-stretching emoticons. It hadn't been fully clear, the intensity of your communique, just from your words alone... :p.

How incredibly stupid wot is? Stirring teh pot and poking folk with what remains a staple tactic in prime time teevee? I'm sure they realize exactly what they're doing, and I'm also sure that what they're doing is likely to be far less overt than anything you fear will be depicted.

In a way I find it sad that Stella's primary worth to some was as part of a romantic pairing that never was and that her legacy is less as a character than as part of a ship.

And thanks kindly, but I hope ya don't mind if I exclude myself from your magnanimously offered "none of us, not even those not Smackified." I'm not looking for a triangle, but I will, as always, see what NY have to show us before I'll jump to any conclusions about its merit.

...erm, yes. That was readily apparent :p.

I do hafta harken back a tad to the interview clips in question feeding this, the bit about peacocks being a tad territorial in different ways. Characters come and characters go. It's not like Stella/Mac is a territory those on the show should never dare to cross.

There is no Mac/Jo pairing. They are, at the moment, nothing more than co-supervisors. The only thing played has been a bit of !Tension. Spoken of a bit more overtly than anything tried on in the past.

The coffee grounds promised nothing. To some, that also qualified as !Tension. They were, all the same, nothing more than co-supervisors.

Melina's departure wasn't, for me, wasn't so much unthinkable as mildly surprising.

What the hell happened? The show carried on. Dat's about it, so far as I can tell.

Kudos for trying to give the show a shot, finally.

That said, a few snippets isn't much to go by. But, as I've said in our discussion, I'm happy to agree to disagree, and also to talk about the differences.

Angell's death didn't have a huge impact on the show. She was a recurring character, and though I liked her very much, and would have like to see her remain with NY, her absence as a character hasn't left a void. Aiden was another character I liked very much. It's not, for me, so much that her absence has left a void but that Lindsay's airtime became oversaturated with DL elements at the expense of other material. That has subsided somewhat, but the show certainly closed a few doors when they decided that Danny and Lindsay would remain together rather than diverge in S5 to proceed along separate paths.

I easily like Jo as much as I liked Aiden, although for different reasons.

I'm also willing to bet that SW will handle any weightier material in a far more engaging fashion that AB managed with the stuff the show has given to Lindsay over the years.

As far as ship debating goes, to tie this back to the thread here, !Tension is about what I expected of the show. I don't have any smack baggage and so don't have a problem with Mac having such a dynamic with another character, whether it's Peyton, or Aubrey, or here, mildly, with Jo.

That said, Russ appearing has far more to do with Jo than Mac. Dragging Mac front and centre upon hearing the spoilers and shoving Jo to the side is, to me, rather amusing.

As far as Mac and his Adversarial phase. Well, I find it hard to think he's ever been out of that :lol:, but evs. Just poking here, but if that's where you'd like to see Mac pegged by the writing, well, I guess in this instance that Russ might qualify :p.

I don't even see a lot of spin or hype with this to get overly worked up over. Much ado, yada. Hardly worthy of mushroom clouds, methinks, but of course that's just my opinion.

Lastly, whether Mac figures at all substantially amid the Jo/Russ relationship, the only one that really can be said to exist, I'm looking forward to seeing Sw get some fun stuff to do, to Jo being poked and a little less composed, and to seeing DJE back on the show for a guest appearance.

And with that. I'm outta time. Ta.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2011
  15. Axatullux

Axatullux Lab Technician

Perhaps so Elwood21. Even if we're like NYC and L.A. on this topic, as of this writing, my stance on certain ships, especially this pre-mature, remains as mobile as a 40-ton cube of steel.

Yet, sometimes, although rare, sudden changes in casts or losing favorite TV-Shows leaves a lot of fallout that is very, very slow to recover from. My feelings towards CSI:NY since summer is not the first time I went through this. I won't bring up the other since like you said in another post a while back, it's beating a dead horse.

To be honest, after enduring enormous disappointment, and the ensuing fallout from it, I'm pretty much done shipping characters on CSI, all of them now. My TV-Shipper's heart beats inact, albeit on other shows now or on fanfiction only. :)

And yes, maybe mushroom clouds were a little much but I still cling to the SMacked aircraft, even if it's on autopilot over the South Pacific. I'm not willing to give up on it, not yet. The horse still lives, albeit at reduced mobility. :)

I do thank TPTB for not killing Stella off thankfully. It maybe the first step they took towards redemption, at least in my eyes. :)

BTW, while you probably are aware of it by now, the mushroom cloud isn't a nuclear explosion but is a volcano erupting, Either Soufriere Hills or even Pinatubo. Right now, as a TV fan, my TV heart stands in the same position as the world stood in 1816, the Year Without a Summer, after Tambora blew up the year before. Anyway, volcanoes are for another thread elsewhere.

In the end, I'm much more reserved about 'canon' shipping of main characters on this genre of television. I say this because I never want to go through what I endured after last year. :)

Some days, I see Mac/Jo as really crappy weather when you're looking forward to a State Fair, other days, it's like watching a huge deck of cards fall.

Anyway, like I said earlier, when it comes to 'canon' on TV, I'm pretty much done with shipping main characters, especially leading characters on the CSI shows. I reserve it for fanfiction these days.

That's all I have to say for now. :)