Dislike a Ship?

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by calleighdelko, Dec 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heartagram69

heartagram69 Head of the Swing Shift

Re: worst couples !!!!

i know that, but what im saying is im a snicker and i could deal with swarrick or sandle or a ship with nick thats not snickers.

and many feel the same, so its not the snickers side of me that thinks GSR is the worst, i would think that anyway and did b4 i was a snicker.

2. SparklingDiamond

SparklingDiamond Pathologist

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

same to Sara. What kind of life would they have? "Oh, so date is up?" "Yeah meet you at the office" and his bugs will be the food?

I did. To me it was totally out of the blue.

Exactly. Whonever had a crush on a teacher/mentor? *cough*

Ok, the only reason I can think of as to why GSR and snickers hate each other so much is because they feel threatened by the other. Those are 2 ships extremely strong and real and both can happen, both have evidence. We feel threatened, both ships.

Which is the main reason TPTB CAN'T pair them in the show.

Now this is wrong, because even people who does NOT ship anyone, or ship pairings that don't have Sara or Grissom still dislike GSR.

Why didn't GSR win the favorite ship poll? After all, aren't most fans GSR?

3. heartagram69

exactly what i've been trying to say but with trouble, lol.

people that have no reason to be against GSR, as grissly bear sed like shipping a ship with either sara or grissom in it, dislike GSR.

i c them as friends, but nothing more, they arent even that good friends, the thing that they have more then nething for each other is respect, and dont get me wrong thats a good thing, and i have nothing against grissom, or against grissom and sara as friends and co-workers, but a romantic relationship just wouldnt work.

ok im not gonna say ne more on teh subject for a while, coz apparently im repeating myself (which if i am im sorry for i didnt do it on purpose) so have fun all. (and dont forget to vote)

4. forensicsgirl

forensicsgirl Captain

This is somewhat off topic, but felt that I needed to address this. No one has made me aware of these two ships hating each other. I don't know of any GSR shippers who hate or even dislike Snickers - i have certainly seen anti-certain other ships stuff said by GSR shippers, but nothing against Snickers.

As for Snickers hating GSR, I wasn't aware of it until this thread started. And it kind of depresses me, because i always thought that shippers from both ships got along pretty well - I know several multi-shippers who enjoy both pairing a great deal.

I think hate is an awfully strong emotion to throw about so casually - disliking another pairings is one thing, but hate is an ugly ugly word.

5. grisslybear

grisslybear CSI Level Two

Well, I'll go after posting this: theoretically, we should be careful interpreting the result of any poll done here. This is a shippers forum, so people who come here feel very strongly about a ship. So, GSR being the most disliked here does not say anything about what the general public thinks. There certainly are many people out there who don't care about any ships anyway. As for Grissom and Sara not being the favorite ship, there may be multiple reasons for that too. If I am pro-Swarrick, for instance, and if I passionately hate GSR, I could go and vote for GSR's biggest rival to prevent GSR from winning, since I know Swarrick can't win anyway. So there may be this "ganging-up" effect. Anyways. I'm off. Again, to each his own ;)

EDIT: I agree, forensicsgirl. I am a hard-core GSR and don't hate Snickers, and never seen any GSR who did but it makes me sad to see the hatred here...

6. ruzila

ruzila CSI Level Two

Hey forensicsgirl, I'm a bit confused... arent we allowed to substantiate our claims? I understand if someone would just type 'GSR' repeatedly but I didnt see that being the case. Or is acknowledging when someone's talking to you also spamming?

I dont want to spit in anyone's bean curd but I'm really confused. -I'm starting to question my posts. So far, I just see friendly banter. I dont see any ship motivated hating even if I disagree with others. I think just posting once on a topic would b rather boring. Not to mention the edit only lasts so long and there are things one could add to the topic that wasnt in their original thought.

I'm off to read the rules again... I'm lost. :p

7. forensicsgirl

forensicsgirl Captain

Of course you can substantiate your claims. And if someone asks you a question or directs a post at you of course you can answer. The spamming part comes in when you repeatedly say pretty much the same thing over and over again. The quote I posted above from the rules makes this clear.

8. SparklingDiamond

Ok, so next time I'll use dislike instead of hate, but in the mean time you could skip that little bit and see the point of my post.

9. heartagram69

ok thanx for clearing that up, im sorry if i repeated myself it was intentional.

and just quickly on the GSR/snickers thing, i dont think we hate each other, but we are just in huge competition, but there are some GSR/snickers shippers that do hate each other. and thats not a good thing.

yes i dislike GSR but i dont hate the shippers, my best mate used to be a GSR shipper... till i turned her snickers :D :D :D

anyway if i offended anyone buy saying the shippers hate each other im sorry (was it even me that sed it i cant memba) but when i say hate i knda mean it lightly (weird huh, i dont mean hate as in i wish death upon the other, i mean it as strong dislike.)

snickers and GSR shippers are allways obviously gonna be at odds with another because they are two MAJOR ships that involve sara, and its gonna cause troubles, but i think we are all mature enough to handle this and get aong well.

ok im out, and to all you GSR shippers out there, i dont hate you, lol.

10. ren28

ren28 Pathologist

The worst ship? GSR. Hands down.

If Sara were a 15 year old, I'd have gone, "Awww..." and empathised. It's a phase many of us go (or have gone) through.

But Sara is 30-something, and I guess from the way she approaches Grissom, what raises all the alarm bells in me, is the whiff of a stalker element in it. Her loneliness, her single-mindedness, her generally poor social skills, her persistence in the face of unambiguous rebuffs...

All these things about Sara, I learned only recently since for the better part of the past 5 seasons, I've been watching CSI in the same way as I watch the New Detectives. :lol: But subconsciously, I found the interaction between these two characters repulsive already, and it must have been because it seemed somehow unhealthy.

Hope I haven't offended anyone's sensibilities. Don't mean to. It's just how it came across to me.

11. Megara

Megara Witness

Hi guys !!
    I think a lot of you mixt up real life and acting lifes.
    For example :
    - In Real life W.P and M.H are really good friends, as in CSI...but that's all, no flirt, not kiss.
    - In real life Jorja Fox is a really good friend with Georges Eads, and more in the season 3 because they almost be fired...but that's all, there are friends !!
    - In real life Jorja Fox is Eric Swmanda best friend ( quote from himself ), in CSI they flirt ( often Greg )OK...but that's all.
    Maybe in real life WP and JF are just good actors but we saw something on screen between them...the chalk scene, the comment about beauty ( since I met you ), when she talked about her past, the incident on the psychatric institut...a lot of things...so please stop to tell " there isn't chemistry between them, it's very wrong !"
    Megara
    And for the worst possible couple is from me GCR...cause they are only the best friends possible...even if sometimes they have some small argument.
    I don't talk about all the minor characters ( Ecklie, Sofia, Hodges...) cause for me " worst couple " is for the main characters !!

12. ruzila

ruzila CSI Level Two

wheew... thanks :)

yeah everybody, NO hatin... Dont hate the playa, hate the game! :lol:

i have to retract a previous statement. It is possible to miss the boat on certain happenings. I did on a different show and I had been a fan since the beginning. Matter of fact, I didnt care for Yobling at first thought I did see it. Its just grown on me lately.

13. wildcherry

wildcherry Lab Technician

I thought that this was supposed to be a 'worst couple' thread, not a pro-this-ship or pro-that-ship thread...

14. heartagram69

i didnt want to raise the stalkerish implications of the way sara idolises gris coz i thought i may get in troulb,e but i agree. i think she idolises him professionally, but not on a personal level. i mean dont get me wrong he is an awesome scientist, but not so good with people skills.

i mean when i think of grissom i think of the bug man, not of his non existant personality.

i think sara knows that gris isnt right for her on a romantic level, but has trouble distinguishing feeling for his brain and feelings for him. she, along with everyone else, luvs his brain, luvs how he works and solves things, but she isnt to crash hot on the personal side of him. as catherine once said 'what personaly stuff' he doesnt have any.

sara may luv grissom yes, but not ina healthy way, not in a romantic loving i want to marry you way, in a i want to be able to do things you do, i want to be able to think like you, i love you smarts way.

15. SparklingDiamond

Well, it started to be when people posted their opinions and others started replying to them. No matter what kind of thread it is, the pro-anti will always be brought up because it's nearly impossible not to.

Ok, another bad couple. I hate slash so any slash pairing is one of worst to me :p (of course it won't ever beat my teh worst couple)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.