George/Nick: Texan Charm #12

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Smokey, Feb 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ladybronco

Ladybronco Pathologist

Me too, I'm getting those tweets from Gary also :lol:
    I was wishing we could ask Dustin about George, but if CBS is not saying, then I'm sure that Dustin wouldn't either.

You're hoping that George asked to have his character written out? :eek:
    Did I read that correctly? :eek:

I'm praying for George to come back, I'm honestly not sure if I could keep on watching if there is no Nick, it would be so bittersweet :(

As Raynn said somewhere in another thread, this is also my first "live" summer hiatus, and it's killing me not knowing George's status. I don't want to see my house of cards come crashing down when I've just gotten into watching the show!!!

2. LionsHeart

LionsHeart Lab Technician

I'm throwing a quick comment /question about the Langston case.:)

Some of you have been saying that Nick shouldn't be held resbonsible about the whole Langston case, because he didn't investigate the case himself. But when Catherine said in the end of Dark house (yes, I know it has a longer name, but I'm lazy) that the whole team signed the report, I asummed that he also meant Nick. So doesn't the fact that Nick signed the report, make him - in laws and IAs eyes - also responsible about it's context?
    I mean, isn't he expected to read the report and then if he would have disagreed with something, either ask the others to process the evidence again or leave a differing oppinion. At least that's how I think it should go in a real life. And since he didn't do either of these things, that makes him as resbonsible as the rest of the team. What do you think?

I'm personally hoping that Nick - or Greg, or Sara or anyone else - isn't getting any punishments, but I wanted to throw this question to you, because I've been thinking about it myself.

3. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Oops, wrong terminology. :) I mean the former.:D I hope HE DOESN'T get written out. Whew, thanks for catching that.

Lionheart, Catherine could have meant everyone who signed off on that part of the investigation. In any case, even if Nick signed off on it or not, he would still be questioned by I.A., however once they see he wasn't involved in that part of the investigation he would not be in trouble and he has Ecklie to back him up. ;)

Greg was so he could, however, neither him, Sara, or Catherine had the physical evidence to prove it, so really Greg and Sara probably wouldn't get much in trouble either. You have to go by the evidence and not speculation.

ETA: In any case, use Nick fans are extremely happy he wasn't involved in that part of the investigation.:D

4. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

I feel for you! :) I'm not sure if I'd even be a fan if I had just started watching last season. I really picked it up in Season 7, but watching Season 5 is where I started.

5. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

In my opinion - everyone would sign off on their part of the investigation and Catherine would be signing as supervisor as well as for her part. If you think about it the only ones who could sign off on the autopsy would be Doc Robbins and Super Dave, the others aren't coroners and don't do autopsies. Nick processed Langston and is signing off on collecting and processing that evidence. He would also be signing off on digging up the back yard and what was found there. Greg & Sara processed inside the house, the scene of a possible homicide and that's what they would sign off on. Catherine processed Gloria and would also be signing in her capacity of supervisor. Each of the labrats would probably also sign the report. Basically everybody who could possibly be brought to court to testify would have had to sign that report.

Basically they should all suffer something for what happened. Brass has the most to loose and then Catherine. I think Catherine will do anything to protect Nick, Greg & Sara (including take a demotion). They all probably knew what went down yet it didn't stop any of them from signing the report - that is what their problem is going to be. They've all been level 3 long enough to be expected to do the right thing.

Do I think they're going to get punished? In my eyes that all comes down to if they've signed a contract for season 12. If they haven't signed punishment is a way to write them out. If they have signed it would most likely be more of a black mark in their file.

Susan

6. Raynn

Raynn Coroner

I'm not sure how ladybronco did it, but I didn't get hooked on the show until I started watching from the beginning (I didn't get hooked on Nick until late season 5 :wtf:). I'd seen a few episodes here and there (including the pilot and 2nd episode, way back when it first started!), but never really got into it until last year. Given how bad I am with suspense, I'm really glad I could watch Grave Danger, and even Meat Jekyll :lol:, with no commercials or longer breaks. I can't imagine what it was like over the summers between seasons 7/8 and 8/9. :eek:

To respond to some comments: I know the supervisor job doesn't have to be all office-work (although even from the start, Grissom complained about the paperwork - he seemed to neglect it more than anything, and Nick would probably be more conscientious). It would still be nice to see it offered to Nick first though; so he can turn it down, rather than just be passed over.

I still think the LA stuff has some bearing on Haskell's death - showing Ray's state of mind while chasing Haskell, and how far he was willing to go to get him. I don't think Nick did anything that should get him into trouble, although he may have been able to handle it better (call Catherine or the LA cops earlier or something). For the investigation in Dark House (I like the shorter name :)), Nick (and everyone else), would have just signed off on the parts of the report that they were part of - so for Nick, it would've just been Ray and the back yard. Even if they did have suspicions, they couldn't really do anything without actual evidence - and that's mostly on Brass (picking up the cuffs) and Robbins (focusing on the COD, not the related injuries, in his report).

I agree with whoever said it'd be nice to see Nick starting to lighten up again, after everything that's happened to him. Hopefully the new guy will help bring out that side of him.

7. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

I've been a regular watcher since the end of season 5. It doesn't get any easier waiting on the answer to whether George has signed or not.

8. NickyFan

NickyFan Coroner

Well as much as I would like to see Nick's lighter side, I also see the possibility that he is not a fan of the new guy... I mean Danson's character is coming in and taking over without knowing them all and is propably the one who earns the position because Cath was demoted (if it should happen like that). Maybe they both won't get along as well as we all think.

I mean back in season 7 was Keppler and they all were not fans of him (only Cath)... they were all suspicious and reserved towards him. Sure Keppler wasn't exactly light hearted but even if the new character is, it doesn't mean they will all like him from the beginning.

I think Nick is a real teamplayer... someone who would give everything for 'his guys' and because of that I can also see some rivalry between him and the new guy, even if it's just for the first few episodes.

As for Nick not being supervisor... Speedy, you're right. Grissom was out a lot as a supervisor... but he had also a lot to do with personal problems, the sheriff and so on. I also think that Grissom was out in the field a lot back then because he wanted to... he pretty often neglected paper work and all the organization stuff he had to do. Nick would try to get it all done and not leaving the paperwork behind... which means more time at his desk in the lab, IMO ;)

9. ~fox~

~fox~ Hit and Run

I've been watching since day one...even when my husband teased me for watching such a morbid show!:lol:

This, however, is my first hiatus following the goings-on online....it makes me more impatient! I pray George signs again...but if, heaven forbid he doesn't...I will just start praying he lands another series. I don't think I could go too long without watching him once a week. (If soaps weren't such a dying breed, I'd hope for one...just to see him everyday...and shirtless!! :drool: Just kidding, I love my CSI!!);)

10. Ladybronco

Ladybronco Pathologist

Whew, you scared me! :lol: I was like WHAT?? :lol:

Smokey and Raynn, I guess that's because I didn't really have anything to compare it to, so that makes it's harder for me to relate to all the comments about how the show has gone downhill. I mean, there's always an ep or two that are not my favorites, but it's not on the same scale for me as for those who have watched it from the beginning and have a lot of negative comments.

I am SO glad I didn't have to live through those summer finales either :lol:

I started watching NCIS somewhere during their 4th season, and then picked up watching CSI NY's season 5 re-runs during the summer of 2009. I had never watched the original CSI because of all the graphic warnings, I used to be really squeamish and I just assumed I wouldn't like it. I was familiar with WP and MG as actors, but that was it. Of course, being a CBS watcher I always caught the promos and commercials and what-not. Then late last summer I "accidentally" caught a re-run of Internal Combustion, and actually watched the entire episode, and the infatuation with Nick began! I watched the rest of the summer reruns, mostly out of order I might say, but it made me hooked enough to watch the S11 premiere (also because of the promos that showed Nick in the explosion). Then as S11 progressed, I went back and watched all previous 10 seasons. Of course, I was aware of LF being on the show, because I was already watching NY when the cross-overs aired. By the time I watched Grave Danger for the first time, I obviously knew that Nick survives. :p It was still a totally awesome 2 hours though!! By the same token, I knew that Nick survived the S10 finale because I saw him in the S11 promos.

Dammit (as Jack Bauer would say) :lol:

~fox~ Just saw your post, my hubby is the same way. He's made fun of me for being squeamish for many years, and now he's always asking me how can I watch CSI? It doesn't bother me now at all, but it totally grosses him out. :lol:

I have a tendency to catch up on Spike reruns during lunch, and the show never fails to have a really gross (for him) autopsy scene, just as he's eating :lol:

ETA: Happy Birthday Blackflag!! Congrats on winning Nick in the Ward :hugegrin:

Last edited: Jul 15, 2011
  11. blackflag

Nothing about contracts at the moment but I did find this -

George Eads - I no longer take myself so seriously (and that's yahoo translation so watch yourself...:lol:)

The last 2 questions:
    If anyone wants it - the original. :)

Susan

12. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

thanks blackflag :)

Damn internet :D :lol:George we would never crucify you here in the Charm Thread or The Ward :)

13. Sookie

Sookie CSI Level One

Thanks for finding that interview. Is it somewhat new?

I would like to see him in a uniform too. And I would love for him to work with Tom Hanks in a comedy more than a drama.

14. blackflag

If the link doesn't come up to the actual article click on "The Present Time" in the bright red at the top of the page and then "Interviews" in the dark red. I think you can find the pic of George from there. :lol: (for me it seems to only hold the actual link to the article for so long. :()

When the actual interview was done I don't know. The article is dated for today tho. It was the first message on Twitter this morning. (Had to go on a roundabout way to get it translated because this computer doesn't automatically translate when I click on a Twitter link like the other one will.)

I've read several articles in which he says he wants to play a military role and be in uniform. Always sounds like he has a lot of respect for the military. :)

Susan

Last edited: Jul 18, 2011
  15. Sookie

Sookie CSI Level One

He seems to respect a lot of people, which is nice to read about a celebrity.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.