Criminal Minds #4: We Take Care Of Our Own!

Discussion in 'Criminal Minds' started by Destiny, Sep 21, 2010.

1. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Here are you're previous threads.. Thread 1, Thread 2, Thread 3.

Welcome to the new thread for Criminal minds, or as we like to sometimes call it the "The Office Of Unfettered Omniscience" which is defined as To set free or keep free from restrictions or bonds. & Is the capacity to know everything infinitely, or at least everything that can be known about a character including thoughts, feelings, life and the universe, etc."

But we like to define the show as: Intriguing, Awesome, Greatness, Supreme, Justice, Challenging, Kickass, humor, Genius, edge of your seat, etc. So many words can describe how good this show is, but none more then the fans.

Who are the Cast/Characters?
    Paget Brewster as SSA Emily Prentiss
    Thomas Gibson as SSA Aaron Hotchner
    Matthew Gray Gubler as SSA Dr. Spencer Reid
    Joe Mantegna as SSA David Rossi
    Shemar Moore as SSA Derek Morgan
    Kirsten Vangsness as SSA Penelope Garcia

Gone Not forgotten:
    A.J. Cook as SSA Jennifer "JJ" Jareau
    Mandy Patinkin as SSA Jason Gideon

Unsubs be on the look out they are coming for you and we are going to sit back and enjoy it!!!! :D

Follow the Stars on Twitter
    Thomas Gibson, Kirsten Vangsness,
    Matthew Gray Gubler, Paget Brewster,
    AJ Cook, Joe Mantegna

2. Destiny

Welcome to the new thread, for a new season. While I would love to grab the spoilers and such from the last thread well it's just not possible with the amount, and the fact that they were also mixed in with Twitter talk. So please follow the link to thread three for alot of them, and also Tweets from the stars (yep I will keep that up), now here is what I was able to grab.

New Season Starts: 9/22/10 (#601) The Longest Night

Okay brought to you by a site that remains nameless lol. "Promo Pics & Vids" Season 6 Spoilers Beware.

Video 6.01 "The Longest Nights" Vid,
    6.01 "The Longest Night Pics,
    6.01 "The longest Night Pics,
    PICTURES: EP #602: "JJ"

Air Date: Wednesday, September 22, 2010
    Time Slot: 9:00 PM-10:00 PM EST on CBS
    Episode Title: (#601) "The Longest Night"

THE BAU TEAM CLOSES IN ON THE SERIAL KILLER AS HE CONTINUES HIS MURDER SPREE - WITH DETECTIVE SPICER'S KIDNAPPED DAUGHTER AS HIS HOSTAGE - IN THE CONCLUSION OF LAST SEASON'S CLIFFHANGER. - Tim Curry Returns as Serial Killer Billy Flynn. Robert Davi Returns as Detective Adam Kurzbard. - The BAU team closes in on the serial killer as he continues his murder spree throughout Los Angeles - with Detective Spicer's kidnapped daughter as his hostage. ​

GUEST CAST:
    Billy Flynn: Tim Curry
    Detective Adam Kurzbard: Robert Davi
    Kristin: Austin Highsmith
    Ellie Spicer: Isabella Murad
    Larry Simmons: Joseph A. Garcia
    Annette Simmons: Susan Papa
    Detective Stansfield: Ronald William Lawrence
    Paramedic One: Zenja Dunnm
    Paramedic Two: Randolph Adams
    Police Captain: Joe Gandurski
    Tire Changer: Matt Taylor
    Paul Farraday: Jim Wisniewski
    Joshua Farraday: Grant Venable
    Nora Flynn: Michelle Josette
    Young Flynn: Stone Eisenmann
    Uniform: Kris Campbell
    Uniformed Sergeant: Donald Agnelli ​

WRITTEN BY: Executive Producer Edward Allen Bernero DIRECTED BY: Executive Producer Edward Allen Bernero
    Can you give any clues about the Criminal Minds premiere?

ADAM: I can tell you that Morgan is vital in bringing down Tim Curry's serial killer and that the child he kidnapped in the finale has an impact that reaches beyond the season premiere. "The carryover from that story is still around," Thomas Gibson tells us. "There's a very wonderful story that we are shooting right now that involves the little girl from last year and my family and Agent Morgan's connection with the little girl. All of those threads are brought together ... and intertwine in a really great way."
    Air Date: Wednesday, September 29, 2010
    Episode Title: (#602) "JJ"

AS JJ TRIES TO REUNITE A FAMILY WHOSE DAUGHTER HAS MYSTERIOUSLY DISAPPEARED, HER BAU FAMILY BRACES FOR THE LOSS OF ONE OF THEIR OWN. - While JJ attempts to reunite a family whose daughter has mysteriously disappeared, her BAU family braces for the loss of one of their own.

Gil Bellows and His Real-Life Wife, Rya Kihlstedt, Guest Star as Jeff and Patty Joyce, the Distraught Parents of the Missing Girl.

Christopher Marquette, and Michael Welch former co-stars of Joe Mantegna from "Joan of Arcadia".

GUEST CAST:
    Erin Strauss... Jayne Atkinson
    Detective Mathias... J. Downing
    Jeff Joyce... Gil Bellows
    Ellie Spicer... Isabella Murad
    Patty Joyce... Rya Kihlstedt
    Kate Joyce... Anna Lunberry
    Syd Pearson... Michael Welch
    Jimmy Barrett... Christopher Marquette
    Air Date: Wednesday, October 06, 2010Time Slot: 9:00 PM-10:00 PM EST on CBS
    Episode Title: (#603) "Compromising Positions"

THE BAU TEAM HUNTS A SERIAL KILLER WHO IS TARGETING MARRIED COUPLES. - The BAU team searches for a serial killer who is preying on married couples. Also, Hotchner looks to one of the team to fill JJ's vacant role. - The BAU travels to Ohio to identify a serial killer who is murdering married couples in Akron. Meanwhile, Agent Hotchner looks within the team to fill a recent vacancy.

GUEST CAST:
    Kevin Lynch... Nicholas Brendon
    Unsub... Craig Sheffer
    Detective David Crowley... Juan Pope
    Maryann Thomas... Erin Matthews
    Scott Hartway... Jed Bernard
    Kathy Hartway... Michelle Parylak
    Alphonse Keppler... Bill Lee Brown​
    Beth Hartway... Kathryn Howell
    Ben Frelow... Kiff Scholl
    Paul Wilson... Mike Smith
    Debra Wilson... Lisa Arturo
    Shirley Andrews... Helen Eigenberg
    Phil Andrews... Thomas Garner
    Leslie Sanders... Sarah Buxton
    Deacon... Wayne Nickel
    Air Date: Wednesday, Oct. 13, 2010
    Episode Title: (#604) "Remembrance of Things Past"

WHEN THE MURDERS OF SEVERAL YOUNG WOMEN MIRROR A CASE ROSSI INVESTIGATED YEARS AGO, HE MUST REVISIT A COLD CASE THAT HAS HAUNTED HIM FOR 25 YEARS. - When several women are found murdered in a similar fashion, Rossi revisits a cold case that has haunted him for 25 years, causing him to suspect that the original killer is at work again. - When several women in Herndon, Virginia, are found murdered in a similar manner, SSA David Rossi reopens an unsolved cold case that has haunted him for a quarter of a century because he believes the original killer, who is suffering from Alzheimer's Disease, might have returned.

Daniel J. Travanti ("Hill Street Blues") as Mr. Mullens, the UnSub Who Rossi Tracked in the Original Murders, and Mary Beth Evans ("Days of Our Lives") as Candice DeLilly, Mother of One of the Victims

GUEST CAST:
    Colby... Josh Braaten
    Detective Green... David Rees Snell
    Jocelyn Sherman... Renato Powell
    Mr. Mullens... Daniel J. Travanti
    Anna... Cristen Irene
    Candice DeLilly... Mary Beth Evans
    Sam DeLilly... Michael Spound
    Jenny DeLilly... Megan Gallacher
    Lyle DeLilly... Mateus Ward
    Michael Young... Josh Woodle
    Heather Langley... Ellie Gerber
    Officer... Michael Lesly
    Young Colby... Michael Ketzner
    Karen Bachner... Heather Simpson
    Mrs. Langley... Nan McNamara
    Mr. Langley... Mark Hutter
    Shelly... Marissa Skell
    Prison Guard... T. Shaun Russell

WRITTEN BY: Janine Sherman Barrois
    DIRECTED BY: Glenn Kershaw

nicksarafan2 likes this.
  3. Half

Half CSI Level Two

Woo new thread! I love the title, because it's oh so very true. That's why this show is so great- the characters really really care about each other, just like a real family.

:( I'll miss JJ. I'm a bit concerned about the "look to a member of the team" thing. Like, really concerned. I feel like this might not go over well, and I'll be unhappy.

I guess that now the family setup is that JJ is the youngest sister who's going off to college? And will never be heard from again, just like a soap opera?

4. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I'm worried about how the show will be without JJ. It's going to be very weird and take a long time to get used to her not being there. Its not like with Elle... cause Elle wasn't there but what two seasons? So it was easier to see her go. Whereas with JJ, she's been there for what six seasons? It's going to be so hard seeing her leave. I'll have to make sure I have my tissues handy. :lol:

5. Destiny

Congrats on the new thread. Glad you like it, btw did you all like the opening thread (the very first one) I changed it up, included the old thread name, and definition, the show definition, and look at the cast list its is in ABC order, with a special section, and the twitter links.

6. HnStetlerfan

HnStetlerfan Pathologist

I love our new thread title, and yes, Destiny, the way you started off this current thread is perfect! If anyone is a new viewer, it will especially help them, and CM has been getting a lot of new viewers over the summer. (I've seen a lot of them showing up on another forum that I only lurk on) They get hooked from watching the reruns of past seasons.

Looking forward to *tomorrow night*!!!

7. Destiny

Source: Tv Guide

Can you give me any new information about how and why J.J. leaves Criminal Minds?

ADAM: Although her exit is abrupt, it sounds like J.J. is on to bigger and better. "We've always intimated that J.J.'s character has connections outside of our world — other more powerful elements in the government," executive producer Simon Mirren tells us. "Those powers that she's connected with come back into her life. So basically, what we're saying is, our loss is going to be someone else's gain."

Criminal Minds Premiere: Can Morgan Keep His Promise?

On the Criminal Minds Season 6 premiere, Agent Morgan will cross a very personal line in order to save a young girl's life.

Morgan (Shemar Moore) not only has to catch a serial killer (guest star Tim Curry) during a Los Angeles blackout, but he's also driven by a promise to protect the daughter of Detective Spicer (guest star Eric Close), who was murdered in the Season 5 finale.

"We wanted to put a lot of weight on Morgan," executive producer Simon Mirren says. "He's personally invested because in the cliff-hanger, he witnessed this awful thing. He's never had to make a promise before. He's a single guy because of the life he leads and he doesn't want to put that kind of pressure on anybody or to have any demands on him. His teammates feel maybe he's crossing a line, but after what he's witnessed, the lines aren't blurry anymore."

Because of his promise, Morgan will lead the team's efforts to track down Curry's character, which proves to be no easy feat. "With a blackout, what do you do?" Mirren asks. "It's sheer chaos, and this serial killer is using that. The team members have to use their own initiative and figure out the best way to get the guy's attention. They end up relying on an emergency radio frequency to manipulate the situation and get ahead of this killer."

Regardless of what happens in the premiere, Morgan's vow will continue to play out over the first part of the season. "It's actually an arc that we're going to follow for a few episodes," he says. "We don't normally do arcs, but we felt that in the sixth season we could maybe go a little further into our main cast's lives."

That also means will be seeing more of Spicer's daughter, which allows Morgan and single father Hotch (Thomas Gibson) to bond. "There's a very wonderful story ... that involves the little girl from last year and my family and Agent Morgan's connection with the little girl," Gibson says. "All of those threads are brought together ... and intertwine in a really great way." Mirren adds: "Hotch is now a single father and Morgan is trying to be a father figure. So it's about how Hotch can offer Morgan, in an adapted way, advice about those things."

Gibson says he's looking forward to Hotch interacting more with his son, Jack, who remains Hotch's one bright spot after the murder of his ex-wife Haley. "Everything is as good as it can be under the circumstances with Jack," Gibson says. "It's a very difficult balancing act that Hotch has got himself in. ... Having his son is kind of what he's wrapping most of his optimism around. Hopefully we can find some other reasons to lighten up a bit."

Perhaps another woman? "I imagine he's not going to completely shut down the idea of finding somebody again, but it's hard," Gibson says. "We're trying to be respectful of what has happened. He's just drawing himself into the work so completely that he doesn't have the time to reflect or even to mourn."

All of the characters' personal lives will be explored more fully this season, as each team member will have a major secret revealed to his or her colleagues, Mirren says. "Some of them are very emotional, and some of them are very simple," he says. "They are things that they have held to themselves outside of the dark job that they share."

As expected, the secrets will present the team with some challenges. "When you find out something about someone you thought you knew, it can be, on the one hand, a really impressive thing that offers a whole different kind of perspective," Gibson says. "At the same time, it could possibly undermine the relationship and cause conflict or some sort of mistrust. ... I think audiences are going to find them interesting. They're going to be organic to the characters and things that will have made sense all along."

Criminal Minds returns Wednesday at 9/8c on CBS.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2010
  8. HnStetlerfan

HnStetlerfan Pathologist

That was one helluva spoiler, Destiny. Thanks.

I have to say that if there's a lot of Hotch-Morgan at the expense of Hotch-Rossi and Hotch-Reid, I'm not going to like it, and may temporarily stop watching till it's over. I was really hoping for more interaction between all the characters this season. Naturally with Hotch-Rossi, but also with Hotch-Reid since we've seen hardly any scenes with them since I can't even think of when. And when I say "scenes" I mean scenes that have some emotional weight to them like what we used to see between all the characters.

9. electra

electra Pathologist

I am excited for Morgan having a storyline.It's long overdue.But is he going to adopt Spicer kid or what?:confused: It also looks like the writers are listening to us becouse we are going to have scenes between Hotch and Jack. Finally!!:lol:

I do not think Morgan and Hotch bonding is going to mean less Hotch-Rossi.Rossi is still the one that better understand Hotch so the writers better give us good scenes

Thanks,Destiny.

Hope you keep watching,Hnstetlerfan.

10. HnStetlerfan

HnStetlerfan Pathologist

I definitely think Hotch and Morgan bonding will mean less Hotch-Rossi, and prevent any good Hotch-Reid scenes from finally happening. I thought Morgan's storyline would be in the first episodes of season 6 and then the writers would start having all the characters interacting more equally, like in the earlier better episodes.

I like Hotch-Morgan in small doses, but I think their scenes become stilted and awkward if they go on for long. I love Morgan-Reid scenes. They have a great interaction. I love their Big Brother-Little/Younger Brother relationship. But, nope, let's face it, the writers are going to do a Hotch-Morgan *Bromance*, and those are the two I like together *LEAST* as well as Hotch/Prentiss. Sheesh, when I think about it, I even like Hotch/Prentiss better than Hotch/Morgan. Eeegods. Yeah, I think I may get so pissed off that I sit out the first half of the Season 6. Why can't the writers stick with the pairings that work, or have all the team interacting EQUALLY like how it was in seasons 1-4 ???

11. Destiny

Actually if you remember back Joe said that there would also be something on his character to, he tweeted it, that much I remember. Also the spoiler said
    Morgan's vow will continue to play out over the first part of the season. "It's actually an arc that we're going to follow for a few episodes," he says. "We don't normally do arcs, but we felt that in the sixth season we could maybe go a little further into our main cast's lives."

So let it play out it might surprise you sounds to me that they are getting deminisional with the characters, we have seen say two sides of their lives, and now we are about to see some more pieces that make them who they are. As to the "bonding" part it could be a play on words, from the actor (Gibson) and his thought on how to plays out. But they are also doing the secrets theme, so I think they will bring the others in, maybe just give them a chance to show you what they are trying to do, before deciding your not going to like it.

You might not but you might find you do, you never know until you watch.

12. HnStetlerfan

HnStetlerfan Pathologist

I will watch until it starts to bother me. I don't even like the way it seems like Morgan is going to adopt the Spicer girl. That's going awfully far to force a Hotch-Morgan "bonding".

13. electra

electra Pathologist

I definely do not want a "bromace" between Hotch and Morgan becouse it would feel forced.He has always been closer to Garcia and Reid.I have always felt that Morgan and Hotch are the weakest pairing.They respect each other but I can not imagine them together in a bar.But I interpreted the spoiler as it would be temporary.Given that JJ would leave,Hotch may be the only one to give advice about kids.Now I am starting to get worried.

I thought I was the only one that hated Hotch and Emily.:lol:

14. Half

Half CSI Level Two

@font-face { font-family: "Cambria"; }p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal { margin: 0in 0in 0.0001pt; font-size: 12pt; font-family: "Times New Roman"; }div.Section1 { page: Section1;* ~Previously on Criminal Minds: The bad guy kicked our asses.
    ~I just noticed that this show is very very dark, particularly at night. And I mean lighting, not subject matter. Though the latter is very common as well.
    ~I can’t even see what is happening. I think that might be the point, actually.
    ~I missed the opening, but it might be the same until A.J. Cook leaves next week?
    ~Morgan’s pissy when injured. Actually, they all are, come to think of it. It must be a family trait.
    ~Shut up, weather alert. I know that it’s thunderstorming. I know because I threatened the weather with death if it knocks the power out.
    ~“She really needs to be more professional sometimes.” Oh, Morgan. Oh no you didn’t. I know you’re upset, but seriously. It’s Garcia.
    ~You aren’t as creepy as the Reaper, but you’re still freaking creepy.
    ~Dude. Lock the door, kid. Really.
    ~Oh, god, Morgan, please stop this. You’re making my head hurt. And my heart a bit, too.
    ~These flashbacks are a bit creepy.
    ~“Or kill-” Dead stop. You’re starting to learn, Reid! Good boy!
    ~“How hard can it be to work out?” See, this is why losing JJ is a terrible thing.
    ~You are a terrible person. Passing some guilt off on the little girl. I hate you.
    ~Oh, little girl. I love you. I really, really love you. Smart, with a bit of smartass thrown in.
    ~JJ is annoyed. Really, really annoyed.
    ~“I’m not a hostage negotiator.” “I’m sorry. You are today.” You can do it, Jaje! You’re awesomesauce!
    ~“Okay, I don’t know who was talking then, but… word.”
    ~“Oh, he was heard from.” Win! I missed my Emily!Snark. Now all I need is more Rossi!Snark and I’ll be set for my life.
    ~I. Love. Jennifer. Jareau. I have to say that as often as possible.
    ~JJ, just talk. You can talk. We all know that. Sit there and talk, and you’ll be spectacularly fine. Trust us.
    ~It’s okay, JJ. The team sympathizes with your position. Heck, you can just go talk to Emily. You now know how she felt after what happened in Outfoxed.
    ~Emily, why do you keep your phone there? Don’t you have pockets?
    ~Ouch. Poor aunt. Sonuvabitch.
    ~JJ gets a Crowning Moment of Awesome in her second-to-last episode. Woot!
    ~“When you needed us, we were there for you. This one is mine.”
    ~Morgan. Morgan Morgan Morgan. This is a terrible idea.
    ~Idea! Just shoot him!
    ~Is he crying? Does he have a British accent? Why are these questions in the same bullet?
    ~I missed the end of the confrontation because my friend decided to yell about her sister visiting.
    ~Aww. Hug.
    ~*cries* JJ!
    ~Good premiere. Good character moments. Not the best premiere ever, though, I think.

After six seasons, JJ is forced to say goodbye. *grumble*

As in working together or as in characters? As far as working together goes, I've always preferred Emily with Rossi for the double snark factor.

15. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

First, I haven't seen the show yet, but I will and I will be back what I think of the episode.

Second, I got a question. Why don't you don't like Emily with Hotch, not as a couples or other thing. I do like Emily and Hotch as a couples.

I'm not sure about the tabloid said about Hotch and Morgan bonding. Rossi know Hotch better then Morgan does. I like Hotch and Rossi better. I like Emily with Rossi too, but not as a couples, they are more like father and daughter.