CSI:Miami is cancelled.

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Nightfoxxy, May 13, 2012.

1. Carolyn_333

Carolyn_333 Pathologist

ALL CSI: Miami fans PLEASE sign this petition http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/savecsimiami/ I did, under my Facebook name Carolyn Anne.
    Then come and like my Facebook page: CBS, Please Keep CSI: Miami and don't be afraid to voice your opinion after you like it.
    This show deserves a better series finale. The characters need a happy ending and we fans need any loose ends all tied up.
    Now if CSI: NY had been the one to get cancelled, Near Death would've been a great series finale. CSI: NY knows how to do finales...except in season 4, Hostage wasn't much of a finale.

2. CRM

CRM Prime Suspect

I appreciate the cast and the crew with their tweets on the show's cancellation. I'll be waiting for tweets from Kristal H. Ziv or Tamara Jaron, or Janet Tamaro, I can't tell who's who between the writer of Miami or creator of Rizzoli And Isles. Nor do I even have the stomach to care to find out. I'm sure that they're still speechless and had they created better and lesser redundant storylines for the characters, the show would've continued. As I said, the crappy timeslot may be one of the reasons as to the show being cancelled. The cast and crew members were indeed classy with their tweets about the show being cancelled. I wish them all success in their next projects, while CBS can forever care more about ratings and the almighty dollar than putting good shows into better timeslots, all while keeping reality shows, How I Met Your Babymamma or 2 And A Half Clowns on air like each of their episodes with one line about having sex is somehow worth keeping on air.

3. marymagdalen

marymagdalen Lab Technician

According to the CSI FILES homepage here, the decision was nothing to do with ratings or budgets. Apparently the real reason is that it made more sense to have three programmes based around New York following each other in the schedules.

"More sense" to whom?! :wtf:

4. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

But the new show takes place in New Jersey, right? Isn't it called "Jersey"? :rolleyes:

5. Bellemaria

Bellemaria Prime Suspect

WTF!!!
    if it`s really their REAL reason... well... it`s the most ridiculous thing I`ve ever heard in my life.
    Bunch of idiots:scream:

6. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

When I read that I was just dumbfounded! How can a show's cancellation (a crappy one with no real closure I might add) happen just because it doesn't take place in a certain state? Doesn't it make more sense to have a more diverse lineup than three shows basically about the same premise taking place in the same state?? That's just the crappiest reason for cancellation I've ever heard. Especially since Miami did much better ratings-wise than NY. And don't take me wrong I love NY and I'm glad that it's back but it's just under very weird reasoning. So if the new show tanks and it's cancelled and there's no longer a "same place" lineup does that mean that NY is then expendable and very likely to be cancelled?

Ok mini rant over ;).

7. forza juve

forza juve Hit and Run

I'm getting sick and tired of New York always being the go to city for crime dramas. I know more about laws and the legal system in New York, than I do in Scotland where I live. I know there have been a couple of shows set in Miami, but I barely remember Miami Vice, so for me, seeing a completely different city was refreshing.

Are really supposed to buy this?

8. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

I think there is something else going on...

Something is rotten in Denmark. :shifty:

9. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

No--that's a really lame-ass excuse. It was money--Miami was the more expensive of the two to produce. It's really too bad that woman thought that telling the public a boldface lie is the real reason our show isn't on anymore. :wtf:

10. bill_az

bill_az Rookie

When a TV executive says it has nothing to do with ratings or budgets, it has everything to do with ratings and budgets. :thumbsup:

To the issue of a NYC-fest, I think we all need to admit CSIM was pretty much a fantasy world. Only rich people in Coral Gables get killed, policemen drive Hummers and work out of an art-deco crime lab, where DNA tests take 5 minutes. Miami is a glam city, no one wants to know about the barrio killings that they regularly show on real series like The First 48. The same was true of Miami Vice: cop driving a Lambo, living on a yacht with a pet alligator.

CSIM started out fairly real, but got stranger and stranger as the years went on. It felt like the writers were trying to outdo each other with wilder plot lines and cast interactions. I've never met Caruso in person, but no one can be as cold and emotionally unavailable as Horatio. Nor would Delko or Wolfe ever be allowed to keep their jobs as police officers with some of the stunts they pulled.

Don't even get me started on Brazil. :scream:

11. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

But Sonny Crocket was an undercover vice cop--he could get away with living on a boat with a pet alligator and driving a Ferrari, then a Lamborghini (after the Ferrari got blown up). ;)

12. miamifan08

miamifan08 Police Officer

Bill_az, you have a right to your opinion and I respect you stating it. However, I believe what you are saying is unfair to the show that has kept me entertained for 10 years. This is not really the time to complain about what the show should of been, it was what it was and like it or not, it's "fantasy" world kept you entertained for 10 years or you would not have been watching it at all.

Can we focus on the good parts? The memories that kept us watching. Yeah I'm mad about how it ended, it deserved a far better ending than it got. But CBS chose to slap their fans in the face so who am I to complain (I did anyway)?

Instead, I'm going to focus on all the episodes that I drooled over Ryan Wolfe (mostly all of them from season 3 on :) ). The episodes when I was waiting...pleading for Eric to get over himself and ask Calliegh out! I'm going to think how much I enjoyed season four (I truly did!). I'm going to think of the times I saw Horatio be human and made me smile.

I'm sorry if this offended you, but I felt it needed to be said. Let's just all be fans and share our memories and watch our 10 years worth of reruns! :)

13. snowbunny

snowbunny Hit and Run

If I was looking to for real life drama without a hint of fantasy I would watch the News but when I watched CSI Miami I wanted to be entertained. I know Miami was a little far fetched but ask me if I care! I was entertained by the show and cast for 10 years, that's why I watched not because I wanted reality. It was fun!

14. hahaguy

hahaguy Rookie

That's the whole point of these shows. Of course not every crime drama isn't going to be realistic. That's what makes it fun to watch and they created great character roles which made them seem like real people. It's meant to be a little over the top cause that's what most good shows do. (BTW I am a fan of miami vice as well):lol:

15. Ninja0980

Ninja0980 Police Officer

Not really shocked by the weak CBS excuse. I still remember way back when when they put Murder,She Wrote against Friends in it's final year on the air and claimed it was because MSW needed a fresh night. That was an insult to the viewers and to Angela most of all.
    On Criminal Minds,Paget Brewster (who will be leaving the show for good tonight) and A.J. Cook were fired with the lame creative difference excuse.
    Cold Case is the only show I remember where they flat out stated it was about $$$$.
    If they were just be more upfront,I think a lot of us would be happier. But insulting our intelligence..nope.

Last edited: May 17, 2012