"Altered Stakes" Discussion **SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Smokey, Apr 8, 2012.

1. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

It was mentioned in Dead Ringer but no, we've never seen it

2. beaujolais

beaujolais Lab Technician

Judging by what Brass was wearing when he was called in on his day off, I'd say he was out riding that motorcycle. And it was LVPD Vice, not Homicide, so no reason for Brass to be there. Besides, they never include him in any team events anyway.

Now maybe if they had a CSI vs. Cops hockey game...

3. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

They've never show a ballgame before but Nick and a uniformed officer started a conversation about one they had just had in the early parts of 4x03 Homebodies. :)

Susan

4. Ninja0980

Ninja0980 Police Officer

I too hope to see more of Moreno as a regular. He gelled well with the team,has compassion and would be a good cop to go to.
    As for Nick,him telling about Vega's past gives us more insight into not only him but Vega. It is not as much of a shock Vega doing what he did now that we know he was willing to cross a line to see justice done.
    Not only do we know that,but Nick does as well and has to wonder if he had spoken up if Vega wouldn't have done what he did.

5. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

Okay just rewatched most of it, I liked it a little more and I think it helped that I could listen better

Plus I think I'm just longing for a 2 case episode

6. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

Oh ok, then I did confuse it with another show. Thanks.

7. Crumbs

Crumbs Police Officer

Funnily enough I watched it again and liked it a little less than my first viewing. :lol:

I didn't particularly notice it before but am I correct in thinking that the only thing they had for the case now were a set of keys (which had gone through a dog's digestive system), a car engine which started 7 years later and a fragment of wood exonerating the other suspect? That doesn't really sound that strong a case but I guess I'm used to finding tiny bits of evidence in really obscure ways.

Oh and what happened to the guy that was imprisoned wrongly anyway? I assume he was released but a little bit of closure wouldn't have hurt.

I still really liked the baseball, Vega stuff and general teamwork vibe the episode projected however. :)

8. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I liked this episode a lot. I figured the softball game would be only be at the end of the episode, but it was at the beginning and the end.

Finn: Might need a rub down later.
    Carlos: I'll keep that in mind.

All of our boys looked nice in the ball uniforms (including Carlos).

A Grissom mention, how about that.

Morgan: How are you doing?
    Mechanic: Better now. :lol:

Greg: What's with him? (referring to Hodges)
    Nick: He went to Italy with his mom. I think he brought it back with him. :guffaw:

Greg with the dog :adore:.

She keeps things her dog swallows? That's kind of an odd collection.

Greg: If the key fits you must convict. (Anyone else think of the Cochran comment from the OJ trial when Greg said that? "if the glove doesn't fit, you must acquit").

Guy is released from prison, but then arrested for another murder before he leaves. Nick says, "Think he enjoyed his freedom?" :guffaw:

9. *NickStone*

*NickStone* Hit and Run

Nice episode, a good ensemble piece with an interesting case. It was very CSI like in its style, again in keeping with the general theme of this season getting back the show back to its roots, which it certainly has. Missed Sara not being there for The Baseball Game, would have been nice to have all the team there for that. I was a bit disappointed with the ending, I thought they were going to have a twist where they linked Jorgensen to both attacks, not vice-versa, that would have been really cool to see, but alas they didn't. Still good though, nice enjoyable episode, really love how the show is now, hope this level of quality continues.

10. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

Five years later and now I realize I was confusing this ep with a Forever Knight ep with a ballgame....

11. JorjaFoxFan

JorjaFoxFan CSI Level One

This made me laugh out loud