Grissom and Sara #36 A Love Story

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by sharp52092, Jan 23, 2013.

1. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

Shane is posting an article on CSIFiles on Monday to preview FMN and the rest of the season. I'm not sure my heart can take any more information, though; most of it seems to be bad news these days. :(

2. JorjaFoxFan

JorjaFoxFan CSI Level One

I don't think I've ever fan-girled this hard. Even over dead doll. This relationship has always affected me, but recently it's almost too much to handle! It's an escape for me and it's crumbling and I'm so hopeful that this episode will be one we look back on fondly. This week will be terrifying.

As much as I don't think I can handle any more spoiler info for this one.... I really want it haha

3. GSR GR

GSR GR Prime Suspect

^^ The same for me. This TV relationship helped me escape during a time I really needed an escape and seeing it in this state is horrible. Last time I was anxious about anything TV related was when the X-Files were popular and I was a teenager then.
    I'm sure they'll be fine in the end, but this is stressful! :alienblush:

Last edited: Feb 17, 2013
  4. GSR GR

GSR GR Prime Suspect

Okay, I see where this is going. We're meant to believe that Sara's colleagues are more like a family to her than Grissom (?) and this is the reason why she doesn't go to live with him. So she'll start to get fed up in 13x15, they'll separate and then they'll be together again. How not very interesting this is. I was believing and hoping for a better explanation/excuse, as this won't do for me. I think I'm getting tired of seeing them ruin this story, it's too disappointing.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2013
  5. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

i dont like tomight....I wont say it,yet but I dont like it. Anyone see Frybynight's post yet? I think the writers have lost it.

6. JorjaFoxFan

Well, this isn't the end I wanted to this ship at all. I'm convinced it's not the official end, but they really sold it. If Sara leaves I'm sure they could be happy again, but until then... I think they're really through.

Tonight's episode was good. Really good. It's heartbreaking for me, I never thought I would hear Sara say that her and Grissom were over. The rest of this season is going to be hell.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2013
  7. MacsGirlMel

What was the reason for doing it anyway? i fear a lot more fans leaving now. I sure wont watch ad many eps.

8. JorjaFoxFan

I'm going to watch with the hope that we'll get some real answers. They were happy. The distance was taking a toll, but in my mind, the only reason they would address what distress the distance was causing, would be to solve it. I just hope this wasn't their solution. Regardless of whether or not they were together, seeing Sara kiss another guy was heart-wrenching for me. This episode was rough.

My worry now is all the speculation of upcoming story lines (whether in this season or not) that will contain Lady Heather.

Sara said she had a glimmer of hope that Grissom might show up, but the photographs of her kissing that guy, were taken before that night. If she was in such denial, why would she be kissing another guy? There is too many questions to leave this alone, this is NOT and ending!

Until they can get Grissom back though, there's no hope. I really don't see any recovering from this. I honestly never thought I'd see CSI like this. I want season 7 back.

9. Axatullux

Axatullux Lab Technician

*Sobs and pounds fists* I'm so sorry everyone. I'm so, SO angry and sad over tonight. Fabulous episode and Sara kicked ass but now my CSI-Shipper heart has been killed, this time for good.

I don't post here as much as I used to as I've mostly now drifted towards "Castle" and mostly Xbox gaming but I still frequently visit but had to post.

First it was SMacked (Which I actually like better than GSR) which took me over two years to recover from, then Eric/Calleigh (Despite not liking CSI:Miami that much), and now this. I'm sorry but this was Strike Three and Shipping is OUT!

This is feeling very much revisiting the ghastly grief of 7-12-2010 (When MK left CSI:NY) and now I'm almost unable to function, in an odd way.

I had great fun with ships throughout this series and the shippers section but now with only Mac/Christine and Danny/Lindsay, I'm now wondering if it's time to finally retire this entire section of the Talk CSI forum as there's now almost nothing to come here for anymore.

Although in the end, it's only TV and not real-life, I'm so angry and heartbroken that the writers could take a couple that was stable and wonderful to think about, even when not shown which I prefer these days, and cause it to break up. It was totally out of nowhere.

I had hoped to see Grissom/Peterson return to the show again in the future, even if not until mid-decade but now, as far as I'm concerned, I'm totally in favor of seeing William Petersen in other shows and movies now.

It took me over two years to recover from the loss of SMacked (Thankfully Stella is alive in New Orleans. Wished there would've been some implied communication on NY). I don't know how long it'll take for me to recover from GSR. What a huge, HUGE waste of a once-great pairing. All those years of anticipation, and then a once-thought great conclusion to the GSR saga, and then it was dug up and now reduced to a pile of debris.

I'm not so sure if I can continue to enjoy CSI like I once did, but while I'll give it a chance, my love of the show has been badly stained. I now even wonder if this might be the first signs of the mothership show approaching it's retirement. :(

Either way, I'm now DONE with shipping on the CSI series altogether. I'm totally DONE! DONE! DONE! DONE!

10. MacsGirlMel

There's no indication it's over for good yet, really...separate doesn't mean divorce always. If it ends up later on that it was like someone else said earlier about hitting bottom and then coming back, and it all ends well, I'll live with it. But if they don't repair it, I won't be happy. They did end up with a problem when Jorja came back, but that wasn't the way to play it out. And with WP, the only thing I can figure out as to why we don't see any other WP project news is that he wants to be with his family more...I do wish he'd take a couple days and do an appearance, but obviously it's his choice. They should have just left things the way they were the last couple seasons, it was fine then. Or let him come home and stop with the "it's awkward" thing.

and lol re CSI NY, I was that way for a while too, though I've kinda moved on now.

11. JorjaFoxFan

I wouldn't go so far as to say that I'm done with the show, but the only reason I'd continue to watch is in hopes that we get something to further explain tonight. This ship was over a long time ago, but tonight's event, as good of an episode as it was, killed the spirit of it.

GSR was one of the sole reasons I still tune into this show, and I'm so upset right now! The episode was well done and Jorja was fantastic, and everything was awesome about the episode, it was a real kick back to the older episodes, however the story itself just was wrong! I know they were having problems, but whether they stay together or not, it needs to be addressed. Properly. This episode basically just introduced it.

12. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

Guys I know it's been a rough evening

But for the next few hours until it airs throughout the rest of the U.S. please remember to use spoiler tags

Thank you!

13. sidlewannabee

sidlewannabee CSI Level One

My heart is broken and Grissom is to blame. Sara was awesome in this episode, even while she was OOC.

14. murph116

murph116 Dead on Arrival

Did anyone else notice that they never used the term "divorce" tonight? They said "broken up" and "not together anyone" (or something to that effect), but never "divorced."

15. MacsGirlMel

I mentioned not hearing it in the comments, though I didn't watch the ep. That's one of the small things that could still give a smidge of hope.