Horatio & Yelina Thread #4 ~The Romantic Real Deal~

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Lucy, Jul 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lucy

Lucy Colonial Fleet Librarian Premium Member

Re: Horatio & Yelina #4 ~'The Romantic Real Deal'~

Nicely put kit. :) 'You don't have to go there alone' - what a wonderful piece of dialogue that was! What I would do for a return to such beautifully written lines. *sigh*

*Holds up banner 'BRING MAEDA BACK!' and chants Tally's slogan in her signature!* :D

2. SwanSwan_H

SwanSwan_H Police Officer

*Grabs banner and starts chanting!*

Just catching up with all these posts. Great to see the flag still flying high in here. So, Steve Maeda was the writer/producer who brought real quality to the show, yes? I do remember seeing his name in the credits. He is truly missed if he is the chap I'm thinking of.

3. Lucy

Yes, Steve Maeda was the writer/producer of many of the great episodes from S1-3. Ildy Modrovich is still on the team and she has written some fine H/Y moments too. Let's hope Ann D gives her the pen when Sofia returns to the show. In saying that, once upon a time, Ann D wrote some great H/Y herself. The storyarc was her idea in the first place. Ann, please stop messing with the show and get back to basics. Thank you! :D

4. carole

carole Prime Suspect

It's a long time I didn't come here :)
    You're totaly right Lucy I hope to see more H/Y moments

5. wibble

wibble Corpse

Speaking of H/Y moments, there were some nice ones in Dead Zone, which I watched this afternoon :)

It's so sweet that moment when H senses there is something wrong with Yelina after the scene with the letter bomb, and she tells him she can't sleep so well because it reminded her of what happened to Ray.

Heh...and then there was another moment, toward the end of the epi when Yelina asks H what would he do if he found treasure. Now, I loved this scene for two reasons. The first, and least important, being that I was so sure H would gaze at her romantically and say "I've already found my treasure" (yeah, sorry - I know that's corny :lol:), and secondly...I felt Yelina wasn't asking the question in a literal way. Or, if she was, it was to try and delve deeper into his character by seeing what his reply would be and find out more about his personality. I don't know how well Yelina knows H at this point because I don't know all the facts of their history yet. Perhaps she already kind of knew what the answer would be, but...we never actually find out H's answer anyways, because his cell phone goes off :rolleyes: though it was nice how the writers seemed to be teasing the audience here :) and where this conversation could have gone if it hadn't been interrupted.

I also liked the setting of this scene...it seemed romantic with just the two of them on the beach and none of the rest of the team around :D

6. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

:eek: I loved that scene as well.

I would like to see Horatio give an answer to that question once and for all. Maybe they could be standing on the beach again and Yelina asks "So you never answered my question."

Now, Horatio gives her one of his head tilts and fiddles with his shades, saying "Which question?" And Yelina would look toward the ocean, and smirk, responding with "That treasure. What would you do if you found it?" And of course Horatio gives her a small smile, in rememberance of what had happened the last time she asked him that question. (Insert flashback of previous conversation if preferred) and then Horatio will answer with wibbs' wonderful almost-corny line, "I've already found my treasure" . ;)

I would probably squee. :D

7. carole

carole Prime Suspect

WOW the producer should do this thing Geni !!!

8. Kit4na

Kit4na CSI Level Two

Haha I swear when I saw that episode for the first time I thought exactly the same thing! Nice to see some activity here in the H/Y thread!

Today "Open Water" was on tv, I'm not against Marisol but the character can be whiney sometimes. I would've prefered for the writers to delve further into the Madison / Suzy story instead of this .. O well one good thing came out of this whole deal, Horatio went to hunt down Riaz in Brazil, catching up with Yelina on the way :) & That for one makes me a very happy viewer ;)

9. Lucy

wibbs, great to see you in here. I was hoping that the wonderful Season 2 might tempt you in this direction! ;)
    That is a lovely scene. I love how they can both sense when they are troubled and they have these little close, quiet scenes together. Their chemistry is so tangible here...

[​IMG]

and we even get Yelina checking out the female 'competition'.... ;)

[​IMG]

The scene on the beach at the end is definitely another favourite. "I have already found my treasure!" :lol: He was thinking that of course. Next time, he needs to put it into words. ;)

10. TallyHo

TallyHo Coroner

AND SO SAY ALL OF US! :) We and this rapidly detriorating series truly need someone of Maeda's creative class and professionalism to resurrect Miami from its downward spiral into an overall feeble and embarrassing wannabe of a tv series. s4 was akin to a millstone around Miami's neck which, it would seem, is still somehwat in place in these early stages of s5.

Perhaps when Sofia's schedule has let up (in December, yes MD?) THEY will be able to get this series back on course.

It's remarkable just how diametrically opposed seasons 1-3 are from post-s3 horrors. Now tie this in with Maeda leaving to join "Lost"; not a coincidence I wager. Hmm, wonder if Maeda decided to jump when he realized the patented idiotic direction THEY were going to take post-s3. Damn, wish he could have trained a suitable replacement.

BTW, Luce smashing avatar. It would not be a hardship to watch our dear Roxton chop wood all the day long. ;)

11. wibble

wibble Corpse

Thanks Geni and Lucy :) I'm glad that line of mine wasn't *that* corny :lol: I also like seeing H awkward in that scene where they are both on the beach, and the way he deflects the question back onto Yelina, like he wants to avoid answering it.

Thanks for those lovely pics Luce - Yelina looks very beautiful in the first one, and I agree with you about their close little scenes together. It's really nice to watch, and yes, it makes you feel like there is a 'romantic real deal' here ;)

As for the second pic, hee...that's funny! :lol: I didn't even notice Yelina in the background :eek: I'm so re-watching that scene now! *goes to find her dvd*

12. Kit4na

Kit4na CSI Level Two

Love the pictures Lucy. And another great part about H/Y is you learn the most by just looking at them, they don't have to speak the look says it all :) Now bring them back! :p

13. MiamiDade

MiamiDade Pathologist

Well, I was going by what it says on Sofia's website: 'Desire' started at the beginning of September, will have 65 episodes, and one episode will be aired per weekday night. So, I guess that's 13 weeks which will take us to early December. I don't know what happens after that. I'm assuming there will be a break in filming, but whether another series is planned I don't know. I guess it depends on ratings. I hope I'm not being too logical here! ;)
    So true and I'll wager the same. It's almost as if Steve Maeda was like the anchor that held the show true to it's roots. It has now been well and truly set adrift!

As for Roxton, I now know what you mean! :devil: Great choice of avatar Luce and those H/Y pics you posted were lovely. :)

Edited to add: wibble, so glad you are posting your thoughts in here about the H/Y interaction. I always find it fascinating to read the thoughts of someone who is new to these episodes. May I say that I like how your mind works! ;) Hope you visit more often. :D

14. ment_to_be

ment_to_be Hit and Run

That's a great pic and scene!!
    I also love it when Horatio said interesting lady and Yelina answers : Lady ?
    The way Horatio smiles, so cute! He's so in love, doesn't know what to answer to Yelina!

With the second scene, the one on the beach, I was thinking the same thing! A lot of us thought the same thing. I think, that means the writers wanted us to think that way!(that were a lot "thinks" in one phrase,sorry :) )
    There are so much hidden messages in the Y-H story! that's why I like it so much!
    I remember an episode where Y says something like this to horatio:
    Y: He gave up his happeness, ruined his life and for what?
    H: For his family
    I don't know anymore the exact words but it was something like that. It was just after Yelina found out about "Horatios daughter" Horatios reaction was so meaningfull! Does anyone know in wich episode that was?

15. Lucy

Just a flying visit from me, but I will be back later to comment on a few things! ;) The episode you are referring to ment_to_be is Season 2's 'Money For Nothing'.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.