CSI: New York is cancelled.

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Nightfoxxy, May 10, 2013.

1. Speedslady

Speedslady Police Officer

First off posted a comment. Secondly can someone pass me a tissuee cause that was sad, well done and it had me... great song to match it up with too.. :( :( :(

2. Ninja0980

Ninja0980 Police Officer

I'm not going to bash CBS too much. They had an option of not giving us a Season 9 at all.

3. Speedslady

So very true, my problem has always been how they don't support their vetern shows, I look at NBC and they will beat a show to death. I mean how many seasons did ER have? And I know they lost viewers. Law & Order and Law & Order:SVU who also lives anther season. That is my point. And then CBS scratches their heads and wonder why NBC beats them.

Oh FYI the poll results are in on what show should be saved: And the winner: CSI: NY! The fans have spoken.

Just a side note besides CSI how many CBS shows have made it past 10 seasons?

4. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

I can think of NCIS and JAG (started on NBC for 1st season before cancellation; CBS aired it for the next 9).

Maybe some of those Western shows that aired during the 60s, if they were CBS programs.

5. Speedslady

Exactly, its like the network gets bored and drops them forget the fact that half of their fall line up will most likely be in the trash by halloween. At least thats my opnion.

6. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

I already didnt like CBS,they should have let Moonlight keep going in 08...its ratings weren't that bad. Actually it goes back longer...didn't like it when I heard they kept being hard on Due South and Forever Knight way back. (USA picked up FK though it then ran i to trouble with another favorite of mine,Highlander. I can't win.)

7. Ninja0980

Ninja0980 Police Officer

For NBC,a couple of those shows are all they have right now.
    As for CBS not treating their vetran shows right,Murder,She Wrote tops the list for that.
    I have to be honest though..it's always the doubled edged sword. ER and Law & Order SVU became or are jokes of what they once were.
    I can at least look back at CSI NY and not have the same bad taste in my mouth.

8. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

[​IMG]

CSI: NY (CBS)

After beating back death for two seasons, the third show in CBS' CSI franchise cracked its last case. (Ironically, the original CSI keeps going strong.) Always more grounded than its Miami sister, CSI: NY mixed its scientific crime-solving with interesting stories about New York itself. And even more than the other shows in the franchise, we believed this team was a close-knit family — and not just because Danny and Lindsay got married. Perhaps reading the writing on the wall, the show closed on a very conclusive note: Years after losing his wife in the 9/11 terrorist attacks, Mac proposed to his new love Christine. Who doesn't love a happy ending.

Shows We're Losing This Season

9. Speedslady

I just can't let go? Good grief that is so not good. I mean I have been okay with Miami, and years ago BtVS and I was miffed over loosing the spin off Angel, but never felt as sad as I do over this show. Guess some shows grow on you more then others.

I for one will marathoning it this weekend. Looking forward to that at least.

10. MacsGirlMel

Oooh another Angel fan. i only saw BTVS in reruns but started Angel in S4.... A year later it was gone. hated the cliff ending,glad we didn't have to put up with one.

11. Speedslady

Loved the show. I know who was the guy that pulled the plug? Jordon something or other I think, I just remember him getting fired by WB! Yeah we did the whole boycott thing, sending flowers, hair gel and even beanie bats. :lol: But alas it was not meant to be, so we never knew if they made it out of that alley. Or if any of the Scooby gang showed up.

Anyway I never had that void feeling like I do with NY. And now the empty lab set pics are just drepressing.

12. MacsGirlMel

i agree....the pics were sad.

Well they did keep Angel going in the comics,but I didn't like where the BTVS ones went and gave up on them.

13. bill_az

bill_az Rookie

Not sure where your grief for CBS's programming comes from. Nine years is a great run for any TV show.

Some of CBS's longer running series over the years:

Gunsmoke - 20 seasons
    Dallas - 14 seasons
    Murder, She Wrote - 12 seasons
    M*A*S*H - 11 seasons
    JAG/NICS (mentioned before) - 15+ seasons combined
    Murphy Brown - 10 seasons
    Knots Landing - 10 seasons

Not to mention the non-scripted shows they keep like: 60 Minutes, 48 Hours, and others, including football.

It strikes me that CBS stays pretty committed to a show once it takes off (cue the new Hawaii 5-0 and, Two and 1/2 Men, and How I met Your Mother), but know that things need to move on from the past. I'll surely be be called out for mentioned old shows like MASH, but they stuck around for that show.

And they gave it a dignified exit, the same way they did with CSINY (and didn't do with CSIM, to their detriment).

I think CBS has handled a generational transfer of content rather responsibly. Much better than ABC, and worlds away from the train wreck of NBC.

I'm not happy that CSINY was canned either. But I know that someone, somewhere in the future, will come up with a show to at least rival it in plot, detail, and locale. :thumbsup:

14. Speedslady

Its not so much my hatrid of CBS but the fact that they have gone to cookie cutter comedy, and most of that comedy is just not that funny. I don't even like any of them. I am more of a lover of drama.

I am a firm believer of if its not broke don't fix it. But hey that is just me.

15. TheChaoticBox

TheChaoticBox Rookie

Looks like the cast isn't too happy about the cancellation either. Well, obviously. Sela, as does Gary, feel like the last episode wasn't fit to serve as a series finale. They really wanted to come back for another season.

Source: http://www.toutelatele.com/sela-ward-la-fin-des-experts-manhattan-n-est-pas-satisfaisante-49804

Last edited: May 28, 2013