Horatio & Yelina Thread #4 ~The Romantic Real Deal~

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Lucy, Jul 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lucy

Lucy Colonial Fleet Librarian Premium Member

Re: Horatio & Yelina #4 ~'The Romantic Real Deal'~

I can only repeat what I said in my previous post, but I really don't think that was the case in this scene. Frank had to ask these probing questions as part of the investigation. Even H was slightly taken aback. I don't believe for one moment he seriously thought H would harm Yelina. This is not a scene that can be taken strictly at face value and it is ambiguous. I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on this one. ;)

2. Kit4na

Kit4na CSI Level Two

There is trace of good old Horatio in the last episode!! JEEEEEEJ! The writers have just restored my faith in them :D Now just bring Yelina in the picture and i'll praise them to heaven haha.

Looks like another good epi is coming up for our dear Horatio. "Death Eminent." After an entire neighborhood learns that they are being forced out of their homes, the local politician supporting eminent domain is murdered.

Why do I get the feeling, someone is going to appear that Horatio knows? :devil:

*getting hopes up*

3. MiamiDade

MiamiDade Pathologist

That was my interpretation too. Frank was trying to do his usual hard-edged cop thing, but he was awkward about asking H such questions. You could tell this was the case as by the end of the conversation, he had adopted an apologetic tone. He didn't want to sound like he was doubting H, but he had to in his attempt to treat him as a suspect.

4. SwanSwan_H

SwanSwan_H Police Officer

That scene was strange. I almost wish that scene had never happened. It was like the writers were saying, 'ooh, let's put in a quick reference to Yelina to appease the fans!' Hmm. Thanks for that!

I much preferred the little scene between Calleigh and Ryan:

Ryan: So Horatio really cared about this woman?
    Callleigh: The first since Yelina.

Aw. That was far more satisfying! :)

5. Lucy

Yes, exactly! So good of them to remember that Yelina was actually on the show for two and a half seasons, and mention her in one episode out of twenty five. Especially when it wasn't even Sofia's decision to leave. Quite ridiculous and really very disrespectful to her character and fans.

/moan

6. Kit4na

Kit4na CSI Level Two

Agreed! I remember the writers saying they wrote Yelina out of the picture because the relationship of H/Y had to change. I wonder what that is all about.. I hope they were just doing that because they were trying to show CSIM for it's forensics not for it's romance. Obviously they folded so they bring her back. They probably were planning on her bringin' her back some day, just not so soon..

This afternoon my CSI Miami Season 2 dvd's arrive. Can't wait!! If you hear someone shouting "whiiiii" It's just me going crazy about H/Y :devil:

7. ment_to_be

ment_to_be Hit and Run

It absolutely was satisfying(for one episode)! I loved it when Caleigh said that! I thought, well maybe she's comming back soon, but as we all know she did come back but not soon at all.I love it when the other CSi's say something about Y and H.It always gives me hope.
    If Caleigh says one day : H, just tell her what you feel, My happy dance will be eternally! :D

8. Pusher

Pusher Coroner

great post in HC thread Lucy :D from very long time i don`t have read something interesting there ;) with my translation i have make some connection with H/Y thread (maybe coz fo this last if or ur banner :lol:) well at last i have calm down a little with all this painful expectation to see Y again in S5. ur right that we have to much 'H angst' in all CSI M seasons. and this pause in S5 for H character (not always main in epis plot) and his drama is good to be enough for a while. after S4 i have stat to hate H, coz of a lot things (most Aerosol`s garbage). and if writers try to push his relationship with Y now, suppose some CSI M fans (which don`t like Y a lot) will keep hate H and even will start to hate Y. (hope u guys will got my thought). so my point was that this waiting for Y return in Miami is only for good. in S5 for me H slow go back to his real charatcer and if TPTB leave him alone for a bit and after this bring him with Y in this show will be the best way for CSI M and theirs fans. of cours here stay one big if. if they make new and interesting develop for H/Y relationship. but this is Miami after all and till i don`t see it this improvement, will stay aside..

also after i have read Kit4na post, i do not think that in the past H/Y relationship have make CSI Miami more romance show then forensics. we always have only hint for possible H/Y relationhsip. i most like the plot line : 'will they, won`t they'. but if H keep be the suffer angel of justice this tv show will become again one soup drama. somehow for me this little lovely H/Y momenty have giv to us a littl break from the crime case and i miss them a lot...pls CSI M writers stop with all this angst and drama, we need a little fun and smiles.

9. MiamiDade

MiamiDade Pathologist

I see where you are coming from in a way. Seeing as the writers got us into this mess, this is probably the best way to handle it. If the writers were worth their weight though, they wouldn't have left Yelina off the show for an entire season anyway. They would have figured out a way to develop her character and continue this storyarc effectively. Having said that, here we are and we can't change where we're at, so fingers crossed for the future. :)

10. HoratioAndMe

HoratioAndMe Captain

It definately was really annoying that the writers only mentioned Yelina once in all those episodes. At the time I thought of it as a step in the right direction, only things got worse.

I do think Frank was just curious about Yelina, when he talked to H about it in 'Under Suspicion', and it never even crossed my mind that he would have suspected H of any wrong doing. I agree that he looked rather uncomfortable through the whole bit.

And Lucy, I've got to say, I love that you have this thread linked in your banner. :D Lovely idea.

11. Lucy

Thanks for your comment about my post in the H thread Pusher. :) I just felt like summarizing all the angst H has had heaped upon him. When is he going to realize that happiness is within his grasp if only he faced up to things? Will the writers ever allow him such an admission? Season 7 maybe? ;)

EDIT: Sherry! :D Great to see you and thanks re the banner idea. I had to find out how to do it, so speedmonkey helped me out. :)

12. Kit4na

Kit4na CSI Level Two

I remember there was an epi where they thought Horatio was involved with drugs. Yelina said something like first my husband, then my brother-in law. Does someone know the name of that epi? It's a long time ago so the quotes might be wrong :p

13. carole

carole Prime Suspect

This topic is really great!! good work :)
    I love the H/Y story I hope something will happened in season 5 (anyway I have time to see that because in France the season 4 still not finished to air :( )

Kit4na I'm sorry this episode means nothing to me

14. Kit4na

Kit4na CSI Level Two

I read that somewhere, but I can't find it anymore. Damn :p

15. Lucy

Welcome carole to the humble Talk CSI home for H/Y fans. Glad that you like this topic and have found us! :D

Kit, I think you might be thinking of this scene in Season 1's 'Dispo Day' (known to us as the coffin dusting scene!). Here's the dialogue:

Y: Reporters called me last night, because of the shooting. They wanted a comment.
    H: What? Why?
    Y: Well, you know...my husband killed in the line of duty, drug rip-off...and now, two years later, my brother-in-law at a drug heist shoot-out.
    H: You're not talking about reporters, you're talking about Rayas.
    Y: Horatio Caine mows his lawn, and Rayas makes it prime-time news. (smiles) I'm glad you're okay.
    H: Always (give her one of those looks) ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.