Criminal Minds #4: We Take Care Of Our Own!

Discussion in 'Criminal Minds' started by Destiny, Sep 21, 2010.

1. electra

electra Pathologist

They did find her at the end.But it was a sad episode.:(

2. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

There were a couple of good lines last night. I was surprised that Strauss' problem is that she's an alcoholic. I never saw that coming. The case itself was kind of boring. Oh well. Here's hoping next week will be better since its most likely the last new ep of the year (until after the first of next month I mean).

3. mrsjrewing

mrsjrewing CSI Level One

Here is what I posted on the Criminal Minds Fanatic Message Board:
    I really liked the episode. I give it an A+.

Favorite Quote of the Night:
    Emily to Rossi (about her poison ivy): If I've got it, you do too.
    Rossi: I'm Italian, it knows better.

I admit I was a little jealous of Emily and her quality time with Rossi. Considering my recent crush I wish it had been me with him in the woods.
    The whole military school deal was interesting. I really thought Josh was gonna be the unsub. However, I did want to slap the guy in charge right from the get go.
    I also liked the changes Strauss brought by going with the team into the field. I also enjoyed the fact that Morgan was the one that brought the smack down on Strauss. The fact that Morgan was the one who put his foot down on here drinking added a better element then if Hotch had done it. Morgan was in a way her golden boy when he became the head of the team. She always had issues with Hotch, but always loved Morgan. Now he is the one who is making her face her problem.

4. GregNickRyanFan

Oh, hey. I didn't know that was you on that board. I thought I recognized that avatar LOL. I'm SpenForTheWin on that site. :)

I loved the Poison Ivy line from Rossi. "I'm Italian, it knows better". :guffaw: And Garcia being startled unintentionally by Reid and saying she thought he was a ghost.

I kept thinking the Colonel guy looked familiar, but someone posted that he was in Deep Space Nine... but I rarely, if ever watched that show, so how I remembered him from the probably less than ten episodes I saw eons ago of that show, I have no idea. He had to have been on something else LOL.

5. Elayne

Elayne Police Officer

Rene Auberjunois(sp?) played Odo the shapeshifter.

6. mrsjrewing

mrsjrewing CSI Level One

I haven't changed my username here since I joined. I am probably gonna change it here soon.

7. Ladybronco

Ladybronco Pathologist

I'm showing my age, but I recognized Rene from watching a show called Benson, which was a spin-off of a really famous sitcom of the 70's called Soap :lol:

I hated his character on CM from the moment I saw him, he gave me the heebie jeebies, and never looked anyone in the eye, most of the time.

I loved the little bit about the poison ivy, Rossi's comment was hilarious!

I'm glad the kid didn't turn out to be the unsub, but I liked how they left it ambiguous for a long time. Was he afraid and running for his life? or was he behind it all? I took it as fear, when we first saw him, so I'm glad I was right :thumbsup:

Poor Strauss, I'm kind of feeling sorry for her now, but I definitely didn't see the alcoholism coming :eek:
    I enjoyed Jayne Atkinson when she was on 24, though I didn't much care for her character on CM in the beginning, but she kind of grew on me like Ecklie did. I sort of liked how she let loose on the Commander dude though, especially after I thought she was maybe sucking up to the school too much in the beginning, even though I didn't realize it was alcohol related. :lol:

8. GregNickRyanFan

Benson! That's where I know him from! I knew it couldn't be DS9 since I've not seen many episode of that lol. I was pretty young when Benson was first on though. I rented Soap from Netflix. That was such a funny show.

9. Ladybronco

Ladybronco Pathologist

Soap was really funny, and Billy Crystal was hilarious too. The first few years it was on, I'm pretty sure I didn't let my parents know I was watching it :lol:

Robert Guillaume also guested on CSI's Young Man with a Horn, back in S9.

10. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I found this last episode kind of boring. Maybe it's just that boxing simply bores me to tears. But there weren't many great team moments, except Hotch and Rossi and the scene were Penelope was talking about Hotch's love life which was pretty funny. Other than that, meh. Though I have to say that the scene were the little boy died made me cry, it was so sad. I'm not particularly fond of Hotch getting a love interest because I love him and Emily, but at least the actress is good and the character seems nice. Their first encounter seemed a little too forced IMO but oh well. Pretty forgettable episode for me.

11. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

Maybe that's why I didn't make it all the way through the episode. Passed out about half way until the cat woke me up around 1:30. :lol: I was rather bored with the boxing and not paying close attention.

Sorry to hear the kid dies in the end. I was pretty sure he was going to but it makes you sad having a kid die, even in a work of fiction. :(

I did love the scene on the plane with Garcia - he's there isn't he - :lol:

Susan

12. GregNickRyanFan

The boxing stuff bored me too. I loved the moment on the plane with Garcia. I loved her purple frames she was wearing in the beginning. I think Hotch's potential love interest seems nice. They did seem to have some chemistry, but its still too early to tell. The boy dying was so sad.

13. mrsjrewing

mrsjrewing CSI Level One

I love the whole Hotch and Beth thing. They are cute together. Hotch surprised me with the shorts. I would have expected less bike shorts, more just workout shorts. Rossi grilling Hotch was awesome and I loved when Garcia asking about it on the plane. I knew Hotch was gonna walk in, glad Morgan saved her bringing up the case.

The case was interesting. I liked that this was one of those cases where you kind of feel sorry for the unsub. I had a hard time getting past seeing the actor that played him in his roll on Southland. He had a great chemistry with the little boy. The "let go" speech to his son was so powerful and seeing Hotch crying in the background was wow! I could see him.

I give it an A+!

14. electra

electra Pathologist

I miss the cases where there was more trouble getting the unsub.It looks like now is so easy.But I did LOVE Hotch and Rossi talking about dating!It was about time for him to move on.

15. mrsjrewing

mrsjrewing CSI Level One

I am wishing there was a new episode on right now. I want more CM. I have to say my crush on Rossi is out of control. I am addicted to his episodes. There are some good upcoming episodes. I will post some info. later. I gotta go feed the dogs now.