The Last Movie You Saw - Thread 4

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by SunsetBoulevard, May 4, 2010.

1. SunsetBoulevard

SunsetBoulevard moderator.exe Moderator

This thread is based on the idea of writing a review of the last film you saw. Enjoy your time, but please remember using the spoiler tag if needed.

Previous thread

Lemme start :D

Cloverfield
    The idea of some creature attacking NYC is flat, but can I just say WOAH? The movie was perfectly made, I loved the mysterious ending, and I hear that there will be Cloverfield 2 (I don't know about an air date, though). Can't wait to see the outcome of the whole story.

2. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Congrats on the new thread everyone. So far you all have been doing a good job reviewing, I on the other hand only watch movies once they have been out for awhile or get on DVD and so on. I don't go to them lol to expensive anymore. I just bought "Blind side" and I have about several other movies to watch. I am more the clean comedy, where kids, dogs, fun things happen, some other movies with a touch of comedy, or a movie that just catches my eye. But anyway YAY new thread! :D

3. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Basic (with John Travolta)- I guess this movie must have been boring cause I fell asleep during it. Before I fell asleep
    everyone was dead
    and when I woke up, I didn't know what the heck was going on because
    everyone that I thought had died was alive again lol

4. GregNickRyanFan

Oh, I forgot that I saw Sherlock Holmes the other day. :lol: I don't think I posted about it. It was an okay movie. Some of the stuff was neat. It was hard to understand him though. Sometimes he spoke too fast and sometimes too low and with that accent it didn't help me understand him any better. We had the volume up pretty high too. I didn't have much trouble understanding anyone else, just Holmes. :lol:

5. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

Yeah I had the same problem :shifty: though I have a hard time understanding a lot of American actors when they have to put on an accent :lol: yet I can understand real British etc actors when they use their normal tones :lol:

Today I watched:

8 Seconds - It's about rodeo star Lane Frost, this movie is one of my favorite movies. So sad at the end though :(
    12 Rounds - With John Cena :shifty: I can't stand the guy as an wrestler ... at least he's a better actor IMO :lol: I just felt the movie drug along and to me it just seemed like a sequel to his movie The Marine, the wife looked the same ... he pranced around like a sissy searching down the man who kidnapped her :rolleyes:
    Children of the Corn ... seriously this is my first time watching this movie and this movie was creepy :wtf:

6. charlhussey

charlhussey Civilian

I saw Memoirs of Geisha last night. It is a very nice film, the quality of picture is awesome.There are some points to understand because actors speak very quickly, or in hished tones, and it becomes hard to understand their words through thier accent.

7. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

I saw Iron Man 2 on the weekend and I loved it. I had a little trepidation going in because I figured it wouldn't be as good as the first one by miles, but it was a totally entertaining, fun movie. People have been complaining about two many storylines to keep track of and yada yada, but... Seriously, it's not like this stuff is that complex. It's starting to worry me that people can't follow multiple (and uncomplicated) storylines at the same time. Bizarre! :lol:

Anyway, RDJ and the cast from the first movie were all great, although overall Pepper Potts was a little more 2 dimensional than the first film. The new characters were played very well by everyone, and Don Cheadle took over as Rhoadie seamlessly.

I'll just throw this out there... if you still really enjoyed Transformers 2 even though it wasn't as good as the first one, then you'll probably like Iron Man 2. :)

8. GregNickRyanFan

I watched "The Lovely Bones" last night. Man that was a weird movie. :lol: The scenes in the "in-between" I mean.
    I thought they were gonna let the guy get away with it, but then mother nature/karma got him in the end and he died.

9. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Ok a couple of weeks ago I saw "The Bounty Hunter"...a very nice comedy at the beginning then, everything slowed down but it was ok. Quite a nice movie overall and oh boy Gerard Butler is wow :drool:

And yesterday I saw "Date Night" ...a very nice movie. I've never known anything about neither Steve Carrel nor Tina Fay, but those two are definitly good at comedies :lol:. Full of clichés but it was a really funny movie especially
    during the whole car chasing along with the cab :guffaw::guffaw::guffaw: and during the club scene :guffaw:

10. Grissom rules

Grissom rules CSI Level Two

I saw Robin Hodd in the cinema.Really good movie!!!

11. GregNickRyanFan

Dead Teenagers- Awful. Most of the acting was terrible, the stories were either predictable or just stupid. The special effects were very amateurish.

Big Bad Wolf- Ugh... this was stupid. The werewolf freaking talked and tried to be sarcastic like freakin' Freddy Kreugar. It did not work for me.

12. luvspeed

luvspeed Police Officer

you didn't like it? i thought it was a great movie, it's just one of those mystery movies where you have to use your brain. i really like those. you can't miss a thing when watching Basic otherwise you'll get lost, every scene counts.

13. PalmTree

PalmTree Police Officer

Iron man 2

agree on this...
    It's a nice movie.... some popcorn.... some soda.... big screen.... nice :)
    a "no strings attached" movie.....

14. GregNickRyanFan

I dunno... I might have liked it better if it hadn't been so late when I watched it. :lol: and my sinuses were bugging me too (probably another reason I was so drowsy)... and with all I missed I was just confused. :lol:

15. MakeTracksCowboy

MakeTracksCowboy CSI Level One

It's Always Fair Weather- love Gene Kelly especially when he's paired with Cyd Charisse. it wasn't too great but i liked how you can tell that the movie was filmed on MGM's NYC back lot and the Gene Kelly dancing on roller skates was the best part. movie trivia time: this movie was supposed to be a sequal to "On the Town" with Frank Sinatra and Jules Munchen but things happened and the reuinon couldn't be.

I'll Cry Tomorrow- great dramatic movie. Susan Hayward was fabulous and she sings all the songs in the movie. i know this shouldn't be the best parts or the funniest but the drunk scenes were very good and Hayward played them very well.... almost too well haha.

With a Song in My Heart- another Susan Hayward movie about a singer only this time the real singer being portrayed did the singing for the movie. it's a sad story to some degree but it's a good motivation to keep going in a time of tragedy.