Khandi Alexander Departs CSI: Miami

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Wojo, Apr 19, 2008.

1. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Now I understand why they gave her such a great story with her son:rolleyes:.
    I really don't know what to say. It's too sad:(:( and I'm gonna cry too.
    I really can't imagine all the CSIs without Alexx...their mom.
    In my opinion it will be very difficult to cope with this new lack. I mean Khandi was in CSI:Miami since the first episode....it could be as if Adam or Emily were the one to leave the show.
    Now I can just hope for a good departure of her character in Alexx's style.

As for Khandi....I understand her and I'm really glad she noticed she was out of place in the show...not because of her character. I mean in the last two seasons she practically had one minute screen in every episode which was sad.
    She was the practical example of a wasted talent in the show (in my opinion a lot of people are wasted talents in this show)....I know what I'm saying is sad but I'm sure many of you still think her talent wasn't used in the proper way.:rolleyes:
    You can't have one member of the main cast in this show and disfruit him/her for one minute in every single episode without storylines which are always for the same characters.

Now I can only hope for a great future for Khandi cause she deserves it. Go Khandi...I'm with you:thumbsup:

2. that_girl1

that_girl1 Coroner

When I first read this I was shocked. All the recent drama with Gary and now this. The franchise is looking really bad on their part because all of their recent drama has been with african-American actors. In my opinion it would be really messed up if they gave the new actor more screen time than they gave Khandi

3. June_85

June_85 Lab Technician

What a week for the CSI Franchise. Not one but two original characters from the shows pilots are departing :eek:

I'm most shocked that I didn't find out about it here first :lol: I read it just on DigitalSpy. I was like WTF? I Haven't seen this on Talk CSI yet and I go on every day.

It is a shame she is leaving, and I concur with what everyone else has said already. She is sorely under used on the show. I will certainley miss her. I can imagine the cast are going to find it hard to say goodbye aswell. :(

All the best to Khandi for the future!

4. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Wooo....I wasn't thinking about this fact before.:eek: But now you're making me have doubts about it.
    No come on!!!! It can't be because they're African-American:rolleyes:.
    It would be weird and disgusting. I really hope this is not the real reason:rolleyes:

Yeah it would be a big mistake if they give the new actor more screen time.

Now I can't really wait to see how they'll fix this new lack...cuase it's a big trouble:rolleyes:

Anyway I'm totally with Khandi and I wish her all the best luck!!!:thumbsup:

5. timspeedlefan

timspeedlefan Prime Suspect

I agree. I'm sad to see her go, but I guess I'm not surprised either. I mean who would want to stick around if you're not going to get any airtime.

BTW, I like the picture of Brian Vickers car. Met him about 3 years ago. Nice guy.

6. Pusher

Pusher Coroner

Sad news that Khandi leave CSI Miami. But at the same time I do understand why this happen .. this tv show quality is so down from very long time and her character Alexx didn`t have a lot screentime. Poor TGTB or poor us...again they lose great member of Miami team, but all is theirs own fault. Wonder if after time Frank too decide to go.. what will become of CSI Miami...

7. Hrockz

Hrockz Coroner

I hope not Frank! He may not be the best looking guy on the show but, he adds alot of humour to the show and I love the guy.

8. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Send best wishes to Khandi

I have searched & searched for Khandi's personal fan mail & can't find anything, except this. If anyone wants to send thier thoughts & wishes to Khandi you can send them here.

Khandi Alexander
    c/o CSI:Miami CBS Productions
    1600 Rosecrans Avenue
    Bldg. 4A, 2nd Floor
    Manhattan Beach, Ca. 90266

If anyone knows Khandi's fan mail address, please post it here.

:)

9. Teelie

Teelie Dead on Arrival

Hill Harper is the only black regular cast member left I can think of. There are a few semi and recurring regulars who are black but no regular cast. The few token ethnicities they have are more white than they are anything else. I'm betting this is part of that reason she was unhappy though to be fair most of the criminals tend to be white too so it's not like white = good, black = bad.

10. calleighspeedle

calleighspeedle Coroner

I can't believe that Khandi is leaving the show. I love her character and she will be sadly missed.:(

11. Della

Della Police Officer

This news just gives me further reason not to watch CSI Miami anymore. Mind you the last time I was privileged to really see the Alexx character that I grew to adore was during "Lost Son". Since then I think we've seen a slow decline of the character to the point where there really is no point in Alexx being there.

All of the tenderness and respect she gave the bodies that passed through the Mortuary(sp?), that made this character unique from all the other CSI pathology attendants, (and on any other program), became non-existent and with that so did the character, except for the occasional passing on of messages she would give to Horatio or one of the other team.

At one time this would have been a massive loss to the program, but not any more. Because the storylines seem to be centering around a couple of people (Horatio and Calleigh) anyone else who leaves won't even make a dent... More's the pity, because this leaving deserves to make an impact, and it is very sad for me that it won't.

:(

12. Raven04

Raven04 Police Officer

I do believe I have a sneaky suspicion why she left.

13. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

I just want to let you know, I've merged the 'Send Best Wishes to Khandi' thread with this one so everything's easily found on the subject. This way, we don't have two threads sending well wishes. You can find mjszud's post here on the first page. Be sure to check out the address if you'd like to send something.

I'll be inclined to believe all of this for sure when CBS confirms it but I haven't really had a reason to doubt Ausiello yet. :p Besides, I can see why she would want to leave. Those supposed 'issues' look to me like the lack of screentime and storyline opportunities --like was mentioned earlier. She's been seriously underutilized.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2008
  14. CSIMandy

CSIMandy Lab Technician

This really sucks! I like her and the show won't be the same without her.

15. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

Miami really isn't Miami without Alex :(

But I do understand her decision to leave; she's definitely criminally underused (as is Hill Harper as some of you have mentioned).

Any replacement still won't be Alex though...