Renewed/Canceled/Info shows

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by RBC, Feb 25, 2007.

1. Ninja0980

Ninja0980 Police Officer

I will be ticked when Hawaii 5-0 fails. Cold Case could have gotten at least one more year...but it (and now CSI Miami) are being tossed aside for a stupid remake that has no point of being on. You can't remake good tv shows, espcially one with a actor who's had two failed series under his belt in less than 3 years.
    As for CSI NY being moved...I have to be blunt. I have a strong feeling contracts will be up after next year for the cast of these two shows... have to have that "ratings" are bad excuse ready to go when ax swinging time comes.

2. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Source: EW

Latest upfront headlines (including 'Ghost Whisperer' scoop)
    * All signs point to ABC rescuing Ghost Whisperer from CBS’ trash heap. An Alphabet reprieve for Old Christine, however, appears unlikely. And I think we can all agree that that sucks something major.

UPDATED Renewal scorecard: What's in? What's Out? What's in limbo?

BTW apparently CW has released its info a day early, the link provided above (Scorecared) has this.
    RENEWED:
    America’s Next Top Model,
    Gossip Girl,
    Life Unexpected
    One Tree Hill,
    Smallville,
    Supernatural
    The Vampire Diaries

Canceled:
    Melrose Place

3. HnStetlerfan

HnStetlerfan Pathologist

Oh no, Destiny, you wouldn't want all the CSI shows to be on on Saturday night. That's the true "deathslot". The people who are part of the Nielsen ratings system go out in droves that night ;), so CBS doesn't even put new shows there until 10:00pm when "48 Hours Mystery" comes on. But before that, they have the "Crimetime Saturdays" where they show reruns of all the police procedurals. I read that they do this because they actually make more money showing the repeats rather than spending money to make something new and then having it fail in the ratings.

4. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

In my time zone NCIS is 7 to 8, LA 8 to 9 and Good Wife 9 to 10. I'm in central time zone.

5. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Aww okay I am in the Eastern Time Zone, hence the confusion. Thank you for clearing that up.

6. Karlia

Karlia Rookie

I noticed that Bones was renewed for 2 years. What the..? As much as I love the show they are running out of options how to keep me watching very soon.

As for the time slot. Anyone remember what ABC did to Pushing Daisies 2nd season?
    First they pushed it on another day. Then they changed it. Then they changed it again for whatever reason and then things went from bad to worse.They kept throwing out 2 episodes, 3 week break, 2 episodes 4 week break, the dates changed so much even Kristin Chenoweth's own mother didn't know when she was on. And finally they decided too ax it. I'm still bitter about that. The show didn't even stand a chance.

7. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

Okay CW has released their fall line up:

MONDAY
    8:00-9:00 PM 90210 (New Night)
    9:00-10:00 PM GOSSIP GIRL

TUESDAY
    8:00-9:00 PM ONE TREE HILL (New Night)
    9:00-10:00 PM LIFE UNEXPECTED (New Night)

WEDNESDAY
    8:00-9:00 PM AMERICA’S NEXT TOP MODEL
    9:00-10:00 PM HELLCATS (New Series)

THURSDAY
    8:00-9:00 PM THE VAMPIRE DIARIES
    9:00-10:00 PM NIKITA (New Series)

FRIDAY
    8:00-9:00 PM SMALLVILLE
    9:00-10:00 PM SUPERNATURAL (New Night)

---

Well I guess I will have to say goodbye to Supernatural and Smallville as my boss doesn't believe in giving me Friday or the weekend off :scream:

8. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

you can watch them online at the cw's website. I had to watch Lucifer Rising on cw.com because my channel messed up and I missed part of the dialogue. :lol:

9. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Great so once V starts midseason it'll be at the same time Life Unexpected will be airing. All the networks are really messing with my schedule for next season :shifty:

Thanks for the info Teddy Bear Dr. :)

10. Anna P

Anna P Witness

I'm in AZ, the same schedule holds here.

Personally hoping that Castle can dispatch Hawaii Five-0 quickly.

11. Ninja0980

Ninja0980 Police Officer

Like I said before... I hope CBS has eggs on their faces come fall.... It appears Tuesday is about the only night that hasn't changed.

12. Anna P

Anna P Witness

CSI Miami should fare well as Brothers And Sisters is showing signs of wear.

The cancellation of Melrose Place enhances Heather Locklear's status as a showkiller.

13. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

Yeah I'll probably have to do that *sighs* Or convince my boss to give me Thursday/Friday or Friday/Saturday off instead of Wednesday/Thursday, I'll hold my breath though about that happening though. Good thing I live in the US so I can access CW videos. I just don't like having to wait a whole day :(

14. katpin31791

katpin31791 CSI Level Three

I'm very upset that CBS cancelled Cold Case & Ghost Whisperer...........Then moving Miami/NY to different nites is going to be the death of them.....

15. Wolverine_Eagle

Wolverine_Eagle Prime Suspect

Apparently Glee has been picked up for a THIRD season...

Glee hasn’t even finished off its first season but Fox has already ordered a third season!
    Said Fox Entertainment[​IMG] President Kevin Reilly to EW, “Everything about Glee – from the concept to the characters to the marketing – has been innovative and risky, but with [series creator] Ryan Murphy tapping into the zeitgeist, the risk has paid off with this truly remarkable series. Glee has one of the most active, devoted fan bases I’ve ever seen, and we couldn’t be more thrilled to give Gleeks a third season of their favorite show.”
    Ryan added, “It’s been a whirlwind year – from shooting the pilot to performing at the White House[​IMG] to the concert tour that began last week – and yet we all feel like we’ve just begun this amazing musical journey. We think our Gleeks worldwide are going to love what we’ll have in store for them in seasons two and three.”
    A new Lady Gaga-focused episode of Glee called “Theatricality” airs this Tuesday, May 25 @ 9PM ET/PT on FOX. The season finale airs on Tuesday, June 8!