Bow Wow Joins The Cast Of 'CSI:Cyber'

Discussion in 'CSI Files News Items' started by CSI Files, Aug 19, 2014.

1. CSI Files

CSI Files Captain

The latest addition to the CSI: Cyber cast is Shad Moss, aka Bow Wow. He joins the spinoff as a series regular, and you can find information about his character after the jump! […]

More...

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2014
  2. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

I can't comment on his acting since I don't think I've seen him in anything. Having said that, I did say I wanted some diversity in the cast--I just wish Brody didn't come with a 'grew up without parental guidance' backstory. I guess it's a pretty basic reason for any TV kid to become a hacker, but it just seems iffy when the kid also happens to be black...But as I just saw in another article about this casting, it's not often that you see a brilliant hacker played by a black actor--so I guess it will have more to do with how it's done/presented than anything else.

I'm curious to see how he does on the show, in any case!

Last edited: Aug 19, 2014
  3. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

Yeah, I'm all for the diversity--this is New Orleans...but Bow Wow? :rolleyes: Can he even act? Oh well, what do I have to worry about, since I haven't even seen the spinoff episode yet! :devil:

4. Faylinn

I knew he'd been in a movie, but his acting resume is longer than I thought. That doesn't automatically mean someone is good, but it's more...reassuring, I guess? I'm always wary of people who transition from one aspect of the entertainment industry to another, but there are good singers/rappers-turned-actors out there. We'll see how he does in the spring, I suppose.

(The new NCIS spinoff is the one that's set in New Orleans, btw. Cyber is set in DC--well, it's about the FBI, so they'll probably travel around the country, but it's based in DC, at least.)

5. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

Yeah, you're right. I got those 2 mixed up, but I haven't seen EITHER spinoff yet! :guffaw:

6. Faylinn

Haha, yeah - I didn't watch the NCIS episodes setting up NOLA, but I did see "Kitty". It was a bit clunky in places, but I think they need some time to work out the kinks. Hopefully it'll hit its stride and do well. :D