I Have A CSI Music question.

Discussion in 'CSI Music' started by katpin31791, Aug 6, 2008.

1. SpasmThatCat

SpasmThatCat Police Officer

(Sorry, I'm going through all the unanswered song questions!)

It's Cyberia, by Afro Celts.

It's called 'So This Is Goodbye' by Junior Boys.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2010
  2. SpasmThatCat

I have to say that I pride myself on being able to find any song from CSI that's thrown at me, but these have got me absolutely stumped, the second one especially. I've searched the lyrics on google, listened to literally hundreds of songs on Napster and YouTube by trying to guess the title from the lyrics I can hear, run searches all over the place in case anyone has already found it, had friends Shazam it, and even searched to see if any artists had mentioned their song being used in that ep! And still no luck. I'm afraid I'm going to have to admit defeat, and I hate doing that, but it's like it doesn't exist anywhere... :confused:

3. SpasmThatCat

Okay, a friend of a friend tells me that the second track is one by Simon J Hunter, licensed by Wall Lizard Music. Unfortunately, he doesn't have a lot of stuff online to listen to, least of all this one, but his web page is here:

http://sjhunter.net/

A lot of his music has been used in CSI before, so it's a distinct possibility that this IS one of his tracks, but I don't think I'll be able to confirm it...

4. SpasmThatCat

Last edited: Jul 15, 2010
  5. SpasmThatCat

(Sorry, I'm still going here!)
    I'm not sure which blooper you mean as I can't find it on YouToob or anywhere, but the song they were listening to on the tape was 'Outside Chance' by The Turtles. However, they may have put another tune over the top for the blooper...

6. Yoshi

Yoshi Basement Moderator Moderator

I remember someone saying that the clip where they all dance around the table was actually done as an advert for GD rather than a blooper. I'll have to have a hunt around my bits and pieces to see if I have it. I think it was on YouTube at one point, but alas no more.

7. usi2

usi2 Civilian

Thanks a lot for the effort, but I doubt it's him. It's not his style from what I heard on his site, and it's a way too elaborate piece of breakbeat for someone who does *generic* music. It sounds more like dopamine to me (check a track of theirs called "hold you"), but unfortunately it's not...

I wonder why don't they have a soundtrack listing at the end of each episode, It would certainly boost music sales a bit...

8. SpasmThatCat

Tell me about it! :)
    I did send Mr Hunter a message to ask about the song 'Dangger' which is the one said friend told me it was,but he never replied. Hey ho. However, that track was used in CSI:LV in an ep called Poppin' Tags. I watched it and, although I didn't hear that same section, all the music in that ep had the same kind of beat and sound. Think you're probably right, mind you...

9. SpasmThatCat

Despite what the commentary says, it's actually a song called 'Palestine, Texas' by Illumination. You can hear it here.

10. SpasmThatCat

I had a hunt round and actually found it on my hard drive! :p Unfortunately, though, I don't know what the piece of music is. Kind of sounds like all the dance songs I've ever heard. Ha ha.

11. Athersgeo

Athersgeo Rookie

And now I'm glad I didn't spend hours scouring places looking for it under Tosca! *grin* Thanks very much.

12. SpasmThatCat

Ha ha, I did! :)
    And you're welcome. Glad to be of assistance!

13. SpasmThatCat

I've put ten songs from CSI on the jukebox of a forum I run, if anyone would like to have a listen. You can do so by clicking here - there's no downloading, only listening so I hope it's still okay to post.

Here's the track listing:
    1. Rock & Roll Queen - The Subways ('The Unusual Suspect')
    2. Half Life - Sneaker Pimps ("Got Murder?")
    3. Interview With The Angel - Ghostland ("Bad To The Bone")
    4. Judas - The Charlatans ("Scuba Doobie Doo")
    5. Speak For You - SkinnerRat ("Evaluation Day")
    6. Soul Fossa - Woven ("Inside The Box")
    7. Island - Mankind Liberation Front ("All For Our Country")
    8. Tearing Me Apart - Alamein ("Fur and Loathing")
    9. It's Cursed, That Gun - Alan Silvestri ("Appendicitement")
    10. Play For Real - The Crystal Method feat. The Heavy ("The Panty Sniffer")

14. Fayetie

Fayetie Civilian

hi just listened to the songs one word FAB

15. SpasmThatCat

Glad you're enjoying them!

There's a song on there by SkinnerRat, and I only just realised that that's Dr. Gary Telgenhoff's band - he's the Forensic Pathologist and Deputy Medical Examiner at the Clark County Coroner's Office in LV, and advisor to the show. The song lyrics for 'Speak For You' actually make a lot more sense now! :D